Just installed front strut

T-Sport

hey hey guys... just got that TRD front strut from castle hill toyota... thanks TJ... i spoke to james :P installed it myself in the afternoon and took my car down in the arvo to OP for a test run and what can i say... BIG GRIN all round :D

its an absolutely great mod... the car turns in sooo nicely and is sooo much more responsive... i'd recommend it to anyone with a FF setup...

also just came back from OP AGAIN cos we went down a 2nd time... hectic driving... but lovin the front strut all the way...

now waiting on my springs :D another big grin :D

i originally ordered the part..but ended up not buying it. i'll let Aaron decide as to whether or not he would like to disclose how much he bought it for.

anyways..you speak to 'James' there. He's the TRD Import Consultant or something like that..he's got the TRD cataloge..unfortunately..it's in Japanese...so we go by the pictures..heheh...real technical aye? hehe.. :lol:

He can get you the quickshifter...and so forth...but...from what i've heard....Bruce from NZ is cheaper....like by 10-20 bucks or so...something like that.

:D

-Chris

Can i ask u guys a question

WHATS THE BIG SECRET WITH THE PRICE THAT U PAID???????????????????

Tiger - Im sure that if someone else had bought it, they would disclose the amount, its not like we are going to steal it or something or get a better deal (which i doubt very much)

Come on we are all here for a reason, and thats to communicate, if u can help someone out help them, if not then dont say i have the price but im not telling u

why didn't you guys complain when the quotes for the extractors where edited out?

and here you are complaining about this?

All i can say is...if it's someone elses money...why don't YOU ask them how much it is...either PM them or something.

NIKICH: No need to shout.

Pecker: Not my money..ask T-Sport for how much he's paid. PM him or just wait for him to post it up on his own accord.

Just chill out people...

people are getting really edgy on this forum....just relax and take it easy. you're all becoming so demanding and political.

<_<

-Chris

Pecker,

To be honest, i've got no idea. Maybe it's got something to do with some people can get it cheaper than others. Thus, they are edited out so that it's fair...or somehow fair in some way...

*shrugs* :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko: *shrugs*

Sometimes when i get quotes for stuff, the supplier says...don't tell anyone else. this is only your price.

As with my club...we get club discounts...so i can't really quote somethings either...because it's a club discount.

Hope this clarifies/helps.

Oh, about the edge...was that sarcasim...or do you really live on the edge? ;)

-Chris

hey guys... wow alot of response since last nite! hahah... i paid $220 cos it was last one. retails $295... awesome mod... i reckon a cheaper one would do as well... as long as u have a strut the car's handling changes completely!!!

sorry to sound abit silly but can i ask are their any disadvantages/cons invovled with the front strut brace?

do they put additional stress on other parts of the car?

why arent they installed as standard if they improve handling?

warranty? insurance (would u have to let your insurer know about it)

Guys, I've joined this forum to clear up the pricing issue so that you can all remain friends.

Danthuyer, Peekay & others were happy to post the prices of their TRD purchases on this forum so that you could all benefit from their experience.

It was at my request that they pulled the prices off the forum.

I made this request because, inevitably, members will compare my price with the prices they have to pay at other outlets, most of which I supply.

It's one thing to do this in private but this forum is a very public place and the last thing that I want is a backlash from my 'trade' customers because of the discount I offer to the forum members.

Another reason is that, with the present volatility of the currency exchange market, prices do change rapidly (up & down) and so, in spite of the fact that we are one of the world's busiest TRD agents, with groups such as yours we always take the time to handle each enquiry on an individual basis thereby ensuring the best deal for both of us.

I hope this clears the air & that I haven't breached any forum rules by posting here.

cheers

Bruce Sollitt

www.trdsales.com

Thank You oh so Very Very Much Bruce!

For all those who winged about prices...That is WHY YOU should ask the person personally. It's not being secretive or anyting, it's just being Respectful.

Think about it from both sides of the fence. Bruce definately has a strong and defined point.

Ask, not demand. Things usually work better that way. Just plain simple manners go a long way.

:)

-Chris