Supra VS TRD Aurion

TrentTRD320

Hey guys, thought I'd pop over to the Supra forum to say g'day. 

Pop quiz...

A drag race between a stock Supra and a stock TRD Aurion? Who would fare the better?!?

Cant wait to hear some replies.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Depending on the drivers; in a legal drag race, I think the Supra(JZA80 Twin Turbo) by a car length. In stock form they aren't that fast.

The Aurion has the disadvantage being a heavy FWD car.

The Supra side of this forum is not very frequently used, as they have dedicated forums elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

I'm pretty confident the Supra would win. Also has the rear wheel drive advantage. That said, I have never been in a TRD Aurion and I just wonder how does it put the power down without tramping the front end. Does the TRD have a special differential ?

18 hours ago, Bens101x said:

Isn't the Supra only 250 kilowatts and the Aurion has 200 but I'd sure like to see that race.

Screenshot_20210624-002750_Carsales.jpg

Stock TRD Aurion is 240kW.  There's no such thing as a stock JZA80 Supra, and even if there was there's almost no chance it's putting out the same power it did back in 2002 (and who knows what that stock figure even was, due to the figures being fudged as part of the Gentleman's Agreement).  But if we do go off the official numbers, then the VVTi 2JZ has ~50Nm more torque despite having less capacity and less max power (which means that the 206kW is likely to be _heavily_ underrated, more like 240-250kW), and 0-100 tests tend to show it pulling in the low-mid 5s range (some places even list high 4s), whereas the TRD Aurion was in the 6s.

Aurion is also ~100kg heavier than the Supra, FWD with no LSD.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a crime that brand T didn't even bother with an LSD for the TRD, would've made the car so much better. Having said that the 2JZ is legendary just like the Supra, then there's the GTE motor 😉

Edited by ZZT86

• 8 months later...

I actually own both an Aurion Presara (which is a brilliant car) and a 2021Supra  GR GTS.

I assure you that the Supra will leave the Presara in its dust in any sort of race off the mark.  Also, each car is totally different to drive in that the Presara is sort of a boat to drive after the Supra. Mind you I still love my Aurion Presara. You may note on Youtube that on German Autobahns that the Supra is good for about 300kph and shoots to 160kph in a heartbeat.  The Presara is just not in that league.

Also, of interest is that my wife and I have just completed about 2500 kilometres in our Supra GR GTS from the Gold Coast to Airlie Beach and back. 5.7 liters per 100 ks (which I think may be about 50mpg) on cruise control and of course lots of attention for our Monza Red Supra on the journey. What an absolutely superb car the Supra is.

Oh! also a tip I am now using 'Maguires Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax polish' on the Supra. Best polish I have ever used and I have been polishing my own special cars for 60 years all over the globe.

Hi Greg, Yes both are wonderful car's, naturally the Supra is a bullet and love the styling of the latest release. As a Presara owner myself I love the comfort quiet and reliability of our lady, I have had my days of wanting a bullet car and owned a few inc a 1969 fastback Mustang but now days it is all about comfort smooth quiet drives and travelling in style and the Presara offers all that and best of all the fuel economy especially these days of massive fuel prices is also a winner.

Glad your a happy camper with both of your cars mate maybe post us some pic's of that beast you won we love to see others cars.

KAA

On 3/13/2022 at 10:50 AM, *** said:

I actually own both an Aurion Presara (which is a brilliant car) and a 2021Supra  GR GTS.

This thread is taking a different turn now. The OP was comparing TRD Aurion to the older gen Supra 2JZ and not the current BMW powered variant.

It's a no brainer that the current version of Supra would eat any Aurion, even a TRD. They aren't even on the same planet and is a proper performance sports car.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2022 at 2:21 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

This thread is taking a different turn now. The OP was comparing TRD Aurion to the older gen Supra 2JZ and not the current BMW powered variant.

It's a no brainer that the current version of Supra would eat any Aurion, even a TRD. They aren't even on the same planet and is a proper performance sports car.

agreeed 2jz over aurion any day of the week

• 2 months later...