New corolla

Hey not sure if this is the right place to post this but i put a deposit on a Ascent today :)

22k, is that a good deal?

Floor mats

Metallic Paint

Power windows

Rear Spoiler

Due to arrive around 28th March so hopefully i can go cruising with you guys one time

Congrats mate.

Thats a very good price. Ill be getting mine at the end of March as well, Conquest version.

Already looking at some mods to add to it :D

I went out with my cousin yesterday and placed a deposit for an 06 plated Levin Auto in Merlot Red...

Only managed to haggle $28,000K.... Only Extra's i got was Floor mats... tried to pull more extra's but no go...

Is this a good deal????

I went out with my cousin yesterday and placed a deposit for an 06 plated Levin Auto in Merlot Red...

Only managed to haggle $28,000K.... Only Extra's i got was Floor mats... tried to pull more extra's but no go...

Is this a good deal????

thats a good deal!

Is this a good deal????

Thats a very good price. Got my Conquest for $26,100, Auto, ABS and Spoiler included.

When is it due in for Delivery?

Is this a good deal????

Thats a very good price. Got my Conquest for $26,100, Auto, ABS and Spoiler included.

Dealer called me today.... delivery due for Late March due to the fact its in Merlot Red and apparently there no merlot reds in stock anywhere.

my cousin originally planned to get the conquest... and the lowest we could pull on that was $26K, with auto, abs, tints, spoiler... so we figured for an extra $2k... why not??? lol..

did everyone notice late 05 plate and 06 plates are 93kW? rather then the 100kW??????!!!!

You could have bought a Stivo for that. JC picks his up on Sat(driving it home to Brissy from Sydney) and only paid 28 something for it with pedals, tint, bonnet protector, headlight protectors and floor mats.

I have helped a few friends purchase vehicles.

One thing with negotiations, do not let the fear of unable to purchase the car scare you.

Remember that there is ALWAYS another dealer who can and will give you a better price.

Never be afraid to get up and walk off after an hours worth of negotiation.

(The amount of times ive done that and got a further ~$2000 off. :lol: ).

These are the steps i follow

1. Go around to the local dealer and ask for the price, negotiate for 5 mins (If an ASIAN salesperson comes up to you, tell you're still looking, NEVER negotiate with an ASIAN person, you get no where - Im asian myself).

2. Go the next dealer and tell them price you got (less $500~$100) and see how they react.

In most cases they'll agree. This figure (less another $500~$1000) will now become your basis of negotiation over the phone.

3. Go home and print out the listing of every Toyota (since we're talking corollas here) dealer there is in your city. Call each and every one of them one by one, and ask what their price is.

You may get an answer of "come in and we'll get you the best price"

Here's what i normally say

"I'll just cut straight to the chase, ive already been offered a Corolla from another dealer for $xx,xxx with mats, tints, spoiler, etc" (dont go overboard and say things like 17" rims and side skirts etc cos they'll know you're lying unless the price is realistic).

"Can you do better?"

Ok, how much?

If they say just come in and we'll get the best price, just cross them off your list.

They might ask if the store has the car in stock, always answer YES and tell them you saw the car in the colour you wanted sitting in the yard. (This is because some will say "they dont have it stock thats why, but we do, hence we charge more").

The trick is find someone who looks like they really need to sell or they'll get an ***** whooping from their boss.

If you call the same dealer 30mins later, more than likely you'll get another guy who is more desperate than the first.

4. Visit the dealers you have built rapport with and given you a good price.

5. Talk to them about the price mentioned on the phone and push it down even further.

One of the cheapest (but not always) Toyota dealers in Sydney ive noticed is Phil Gilbert @ Lidcombe.

I was told by an ex-employee @ Toyota Clintons Lakemba that Phil Gilbert go by volume and use the bonuses they get from Toyota to compensate, how true this statement is I have no idea.

Is this a good deal????

Dealer called me today.... delivery due for Late March due to the fact its in Merlot Red and apparently there no merlot reds in stock anywhere.

my cousin originally planned to get the conquest... and the lowest we could pull on that was $26K, with auto, abs, tints, spoiler... so we figured for an extra $2k... why not??? lol..

did everyone notice late 05 plate and 06 plates are 93kW? rather then the 100kW??????!!!!

hmmm id say yes ... we did notice that !!! :D ...

Ok guys, your freaking me out.

This is exactly what I did . . . .

Here's what i normally say

"I'll just cut straight to the chase, ive already been offered a Corolla from another dealer for $xx,xxx with mats, tints, spoiler, etc" (dont go overboard and say things like 17" rims and side skirts etc cos they'll know you're lying unless the price is realistic).

"Can you do better?"

Ok, how much?

And this is exactly where I called . . . .

One of the cheapest (but not always) Toyota dealers in Sydney ive noticed is Phil Gilbert @ Lidcombe.

I was told by an ex-employee @ Toyota Clintons Lakemba that Phil Gilbert go by volume and use the bonuses they get from Toyota to compensate, how true this statement is I have no idea.

And what I got was a Silver Sportivo with mats, pedals, bonnet and headlight covers, boot mat and tint for $28,700 . . . . .

Congratulations on your purchase mate, if your anywhere near as excited as I am, your doing alright, hee hee.

Yes, its finally official, and yes Im excited too, all these new cars everywhere, bring on Saturday.

Cheers

JC

Edited by -JC-

Haha same! Looking to get TRD CAI, Exhaust, Rims and Coilovers

The guy said it shouldn't affect my warranty. Can anyone help me out with those mods :P Also, i want those cool door sills thingsss!

Got the same and i havent had any hassles from them.

A guy that works at castlehill toyota also has a modded rolla and no issues.

But u never know!

Yep .... just ask peter he knows all about this one :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wtf?

they downed it to 93kw????? :angry:

http://corolla.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehicl...661_562,00.html

1.8 litre VVT-i engine 93kW power* 4-wheel disc brakes ABS with BA & EBD

(Ultima & Levin) Driver's SRS airbag Power steering Power windows (Conquest, Ultima & Levin) Power mirrors 6 speaker MP3 compatible CD Air conditioning Central locking & keyless entry 3 year / 100,000km warranty

*Available from October 05 Production

Ouch!

Ummm so wtf did they do to the engine to make it 93kw as opposed to 100kw?

So has the sportivo reduced its rating too?

Edited by neK

wtf?

(Ultima & Levin) Driver's SRS airbag Power steering Power windows (Conquest, Ultima & Levin) Power mirrors 6 speaker MP3 compatible CD Air conditioning Central locking & keyless entry 3 year / 100,000km warranty

Ouch!

pete.. you want to explain this ??? :D :D

wtf?

Ouch!

HEHEHEHEee come on boys leave him alone but PETEY cant be the only one on this forum with the 93KW rolla can he???? :blink: "Ok jase start up the new thread "WHO'S GOT 93KW" LOL :lol: :D :P

wtf?

Ouch!

HEHEHEHEee come on boys leave him alone but PETEY cant be the only one on this forum with the 93KW rolla can he???? :blink: "Ok jase start up the new thread "WHO'S GOT 93KW" LOL :lol: :D :P

i might keep quiet on this one :D ...

and i dont think the others will own up to it .. even if they did .. :)

Even when the others becomes known ... it will still be pete who cops it .. just coz he was first ! .. and we know he can take a joke ..

Its the one thing he has no come back for ... hahah ...