Sportivo Under-bonnet Fire.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading into that it looks like he may have bought it from the guy in Nowra (or at least somewhere down that way) who had his lisence suspended for 12 months because that is the only Sportivo I know that has had 2 engine changes (info uncovered on Toymods from similar thread). They seam to think it may be a result of the new engine being installed slightly incorrectly...

The plot thickens...

Reading into that it looks like he may have bought it from the guy in Nowra (or at least somewhere down that way) who had his lisence suspended for 12 months because that is the only Sportivo I know that has had 2 engine changes (info uncovered on Toymods from similar thread). They seam to think it may be a result of the new engine being installed slightly incorrectly...

The plot thickens...

how do you install it wrong?? just seems bit sus to me....

Well a Toyota dealership in the US managed to connect a 2ZZ engine wrong. They somehow mixed up a an oil line and something else :blink: . The fella ended up spinning a rod bearing.

Also when my dad had his Pathfinder he got it back from a service (at Nissan) and the clowns had put the wrong material line in place of a fuel line. Fuel line split and started spraying fuel all through the engine bay. But it didn't catch fire, luckily.

a lady came into work a couple of weeks ago with her car (cant remember what it was now) but she came in and said, "do u know anything about cars, mine is acting really strangely." i was about to tell her my reasonable amount of knowledge when her phone rang, and it was her dealer, asking her where she was and to not move the car. next minute he turns up, and very sheepishly informs us both that he "forgot" to put oil back in the car after changing the filter. good dealer huh?

a lady came into work a couple of weeks ago with her car (cant remember what it was now) but she came in and said, "do u know anything about cars, mine is acting really strangely." i was about to tell her my reasonable amount of knowledge when her phone rang, and it was her dealer, asking her where she was and to not move the car. next minute he turns up, and very sheepishly informs us both that he "forgot" to put oil back in the car after changing the filter. good dealer huh?

I would immediately ask for a new motor :o How can you 'forget' to put in oil, you can forget to put a lid or cap on but the freakin oil?

i know its freakin ridiculous isnt it? i was shocked, my jaw just dropped and this lady just laughed and said, oh well these things happen, lets go put some in then. yeah right.... man i would crack the s**ts!!!!

I got my chrome one pete for $70 and its rechargable!! If you look in my pic its off to the left hand side!

Awsome! think im gonna get one!

I remember this car now, at the time we were all saying he was asking way too much.

The advert says new engine and computer, but from the sound of that, they simply changed over to a new factory ECU together with the engine changeover, not an aftermarket ECU.

Still I'd like to know why it was replaced in the first place.