look what i got

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know if u rev it passed 9k the valves get bent but the stock bottom can handle 11500 rpms.

did ur bottom end go and did u misshift from 5th to 2nd?

lol, miss shift give me some credit...didn't happen it broke while in 3rd or 4th doing 5-6000rpm, was the rod that broke at this stage head/valves look to be ok.

if the rev past 9k for are good period couple of thing start to get damaged

1 vavles go

2 the oil pick pump cant handle it so it gives up,which cause the bottom end bearing to go the slow the conrods will smash through the block,due to the lack of oil

cheers

Northy's was simply a rod let go. The big end was still on the crank and spins around on the journal ruling out the possibility of a bearing picking up which also rules out the oil pump theory. The rod simply broke half way up the beam which tells me that the rods can't handle high rpm consisently.

Downside of Northy's misery is that we now have a spare head, cams etc to play with and also have a good look inside a 2ZZ just to see he she all works......

And how we can do some more mods :D

It was $2996 for a brand new C series 6-speed WITH LSD, it was $6K for a brand new JZA80 Supra Getrag, and it was $2K for a brand new JZA70 R154. An Aristo 2JZGTE short motor was $6K, and a 1ZZ crate motor about $5K.

If you're quoted more than this you're most likely being taken for a ride. With the right contacts at Toyota you can also get items MUCH cheaper. Through a mate I've received as much as 50% off the normal RRP for spare parts (not runout or clearance stock), while I usually save 30-40% through my toyota genuine parts source.

Edited by rollamods

northy, when u rev to 9000rpm did lift still pulls strongly? or was it out of breath? :huh: , just realy wanna know, and what do u guys think the best cut out point is

it pulled hard to 8700, after that it started to taper off, the 8700 fuel cut was just to see how it would go, and it dosent look like it can take it on stock internals, so untill i get a better bottom end in this motor ill be going back to 82-8400 fuel cut, but lift will still kick in at 5700rpm.

northy, when u rev to 9000rpm did lift still pulls strongly? or was it out of breath? :huh: , just realy wanna know, and what do u guys think the best cut out point is

it pulled hard to 8700, after that it started to taper off, the 8700 fuel cut was just to see how it would go, and it dosent look like it can take it on stock internals, so untill i get a better bottom end in this motor ill be going back to 82-8400 fuel cut, but lift will still kick in at 5700rpm.

love to c when u finish doing your engine up :)

• 2 years later...