Finally took my rolla down the 1/4 Slip has now been posted

We should have a TOC drag day in a few months at WSID and we should book a lane so we get to race only ppl from the forum.

Cost the same price and we dont get up agaist 11 sec Rotors.

Dylan you should organise this one hahah :P

Edited by SyxXPaC

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im down for that !!! ...

and what the heck .. ill put another vote for dylan to organise . :D :D :D

someone just buy my cb's !! so I can get my helmet !!!!!!

and come n play poker .. so i can win your money !!! .. so i can buy another helmet !! ... :) :)

Wed June 21st....... ;)

should be after exams for those that exams affect

will post something closer to tha day :)

can someone else ring WSID to find how many cars we need to book a lane though as it's an STD call for me :)

sorry i missed out guys. I couldnt get a ride out there!

the one day i didnt drive to work you guys all head out to WSID :(

nice times boys.

hey bill/dave. was that mr2 from the carpark there? It has the same numbering written on its back window..

I might come if you guys book a lane :lol:

I have just a sportivo exhaust and bigger rims which dont help me.

and i did 16.54 with all my stuff in the car. I will remind people that Daves 16.1 was with everything down to the headrests out.

I would say a 16.6 or 16.5 is a good tiem for a stocko. Althoung some people say that have got 16.2 stock. I just cant see that happening.

Yea my weight reductions did help abit probably got rid of 30-45kgz

Well next time we go down ill race street trim and we will see what ill get,

then ill race the way i did last night and we can see the difference but next time we will have to go down as a club so i can race some ppl that are actually a proper race that i can beat :angry: damn 12second cars how is that a fair race for me to race those monsters <_<

see guyz what bill didnt mention is that as he was leaving the line ... the rota doing a burnout behind him went to far and pushed the stivo most the way down the track....and thats how he got the 14.7 lol :)

great effort mate , car looked awsome.... btw i remember you were going to pass some info onto me???

Edited by mx83toy

see guyz what bill didnt mention is that as he was leaving the line ... the rota doing a burnout behind him went to far and pushed the stivo most the way down the track....and thats how he got the 14.7 lol :)

LOL .... thx pete .... i told u not 2 tell any one :P :P :P :P :P

great effort mate , car looked awsome.... btw i remember you were going to pass some info onto me???

pm sent mate .... sorry i was trying to track down the info

Nice bill!!! and Ydoit!

what did u race bill?

LOL .... your going to love this .... or actually Justin is going to love it .... The only thing i raced all nite that i beat was a v8 commodore ... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My other runs were against a Evo 9, Boosted NX Coupe, 13 sec VTiR, Supra (this fella didnt run i think he broke something on the line), Series 2 or 3 RX-7 and my only victory the v8 commodore.

But yeah the whole nite i didnt really run anything that was a good matchup the only things relatively close to being in my class was the NX Coupe which was running more boost than what his tyre pressure was and the vtir which was on slicks and was pretty much setup for the 1/4 so i didnt really get a crack at anything i would deem a good challenge .... The other vtir's there that night ran low 15's so this guy had some serious work done 2 his ....

Nice bill!!! and Ydoit!

what did u race bill?

LOL .... your going to love this .... or actually Justin is going to love it .... The only thing i raced all nite that i beat was a v8 commodore ... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My other runs were against a Evo 9, Boosted NX Coupe, 13 sec VTiR, Supra (this fella didnt run i think he broke something on the line), Series 2 or 3 RX-7 and my only victory the v8 commodore.

But yeah the whole nite i didnt really run anything that was a good matchup the only things relatively close to being in my class was the NX Coupe which was running more boost than what his tyre pressure was and the vtir which was on slicks and was pretty much setup for the 1/4 so i didnt really get a crack at anything i would deem a good challenge .... The other vtir's there that night ran low 15's so this guy had some serious work done 2 his ....

They Civic or Integra VtiRs Bill? Plenty of EG/EK Civics drop the 1800cc Integra VtiR/Type R motors under the hood too and they bloody fly due to the extra power/torque. And if they are Civic VtiRs low 15s passes ain't too shabby for them considering their 1600cc!

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Hey guys

I have done plenty of circuit racing but nver !/4 mils stuff.

I have the following mods:

Can you guys tell me what effect the following would have to 1/4 mile times?

- front LSD (thinking more drivetrain loss or more grip?)

- Stiffer and Lower Suspension

- increased front track width

- Larger brakes so increase in front weight

Just got me thinking whether this kind of stuff would make any difference at all.

Cheers

Gipper

The stiffer suspension would reduce front end lift on take off, so more traction and a quicker 60ft time.

The LSD may also assist with traction, but in a straight line the difference would be minimal if any, The LSD would make a huge difference in cornering but not so much straight line.

They Civic or Integra VtiRs Bill? Plenty of EG/EK Civics drop the 1800cc Integra VtiR/Type R motors under the hood too and they bloody fly due to the extra power/torque. And if they are Civic VtiRs low 15s passes ain't too shabby for them considering their 1600cc!

Nah mate prelude & integra vtir's .... the civic's can keep dreaming :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nah mate prelude & integra vtir's .... the civic's can keep dreaming :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hehe.. nice B) so time for some semi-slicks i guess?? group buy?? :P

The stiffer suspension would reduce front end lift on take off, so more traction and a quicker 60ft time.

The LSD may also assist with traction, but in a straight line the difference would be minimal if any, The LSD would make a huge difference in cornering but not so much straight line.

i'd have to diagree on that one.....i think the LSD will help alot getting off the line!!!! everytine a stivo takes off hard mine inc.... you get wheel spin in one wheel ( i also had issues with this in the cressi) with the lsd the force and traction will spread across both wheels giving much better grip!!!!

BTW where did you get the LSD from as my g/box is aparrt ATM and wouldnt mind chucking one in :)

thanks for the info bill!!! Instead of slicks though i'll let you in on a secret of mine from the cressida days for tyres..... i'll pm ya...

my frens civic vtir hatch

full exhaust / air intake did 14.800 down the 1/4... but the interior only had his drivers seat :)

LOL .... ok tell him 2 put all that crap back in and lets see the 15.2+ 1/4 times start appearing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

my frens civic vtir hatch

full exhaust / air intake did 14.800 down the 1/4... but the interior only had his drivers seat :)

LOL .... ok tell him 2 put all that crap back in and lets see the 15.2+ 1/4 times start appearing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A long time ago i read a Honda tuning Magazine in Oz and there was this purple EK Civic VtiR with about $30,000 worth of Jap mods, and i mean serious NA mods, like SPOON ECU, stroker kit to 1800cc from 1600cc etc.., all the big brand stuff and he takes it out to the track and drag strip regularly with semi-slicks and all.. his times were "only" in the mid 14sec range (consistently) considering the work he has done to the car i expected much quicker times. This Civic had full interior intact though. A shot of Nitrous was his next mod B) so 14.800 with just intake, exhaust and weight loss is pretty quick.

Edited by ZEEROLLA