CES Cold Air Intake System

Ads by Google Air Intake AEM intake Injen Intake

Even google knows there are cheaper alternatives out there that provide the same "Noise" and gains :lol:

sorry mate, but in injen is too small for the 2zz and the CES CAI made 4-5kw more peak power then the TRD so looks like google is not as good as it seems...

I had an injen i got 5kW atw's from it. i also have the dyno sheet. the trd piping is the same diametre as the one of injen, and my injen intake outperformed the trd on dyno day, not to mention drag day as well.

I thought people werent allowed to advertise on the forums on behalf of other people, does that mean im allowed to advertise my store for FREE?

Hi, im northy i have CES stuff in my car, i know it all, i have an apexi power FC (ooooo soo much power) yet can only run a 15.2 second quarter and not only that but to fry his engine as well. Not to mention also took credit to me beating the type S but no need to go there...

i did 14.89 with just an intake alone, can you? put all the CES sh|3t in u like. good luck

I agree with the advertising part of your post,

but with the pulling the times out. I think u just look at Bills 14.7 with bad traction on launch and dylans easy 14.8 both with cai and CES exhaust i think your proven wrong. The CES product does what they say it does. Thats not to say that any other product isnt good as well.

Also i think if nothy came down to sydney to run at WSID where the traction is much better then up there in QLD i think ull find him in the 14.6 or 14.7 easy.

ALso BanGn, id liek to see ur stivo with you CAI roll up beside the CES guys doing 60 and punch it , theyll leave u back like your driving a 1ZZ :P

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even google knows there are cheaper alternatives out there that provide the same "Noise" and gains :lol:

sorry mate, but in injen is too small for the 2zz and the CES CAI made 4-5kw more peak power then the TRD so looks like google is not as good as it seems...

I had an injen i got 5kW atw's from it. i also have the dyno sheet. the trd piping is the same diametre as the one of injen, and my injen intake outperformed the trd on dyno day, not to mention drag day as well.

I thought people werent allowed to advertise on the forums on behalf of other people, does that mean im allowed to advertise my store for FREE?

Hi, im northy i have CES stuff in my car, i know it all, i have an apexi power FC (ooooo soo much power) yet can only run a 15.2 second quarter and not only that but to fry his engine as well. Not to mention also took credit to me beating the type S but no need to go there...

i did 14.89 with just an intake alone, can you? put all the CES sh|3t in u like. good luck

but with the pulling the times out. I think u just look at Bills 14.7 with bad traction on launch and dylans easy 14.8 both with cai and CES exhaust i think your proven wrong. The CES product does what they say it does. Thats not to say that any other product isnt good as well.

Also i think if nothy came down to sydney to run at WSID where the traction is much better then up there in QLD i think ull find him in the 14.6 or 14.7 easy.

ALso BanGn, id liek to see ur stivo with you CAI roll up beside the CES guys doing 60 and punch it , theyll leave u back like your driving a 1ZZ :P

yeh everyone seems to have a bad launch and bad traction dont they, well i guess i had a bad launch as well, running on stock bald tyres.

ill like to see ur 1zz at 60 and well see who if your right or not.

SyxXPaC....... wisdom beyond your years ;) If only others would get their heads out of the sand.............

Before any of the tyre kickers start to flame me about "promoting CES"...... Take a look at who started this thread :ph34r: another satisified CES customer :D

back to back dyno's, same dyno, same time, same settings

what engine coolant temp was logged on the stock ECU'd car in the two runs? Was it even recorded with an obd2 scanner? was it the same filter? was the Ecu reset before each run?

I'll tell you all what I'm prepared to offer....

If someone has a sportivo, and can supply a TRD intake and CES intake and any other intake you like, I will personally pay to have them dyno tested on an independant dyno at Crossley Street and Race engineering on their current dyno dynamics machine in shootout mode in a proper controlled environment. eg, same filter, same engine temp via scan tool, same intake temp, ecu reset before each run, same fuel used, same mufflers used, EVERYTHING controlled.

Coolant temp alone makes at least a 4kw difference with the stock ECU.

i think that's a good idea. sounds like a fair deal.

anyone up for it?

As to the performance NO COMMENT,

however i would like to point out "again" that it all varies dramatically from each car to the weather of each state, whats good in brisbane's hot weather may not be good for melbournes 4 seasons. I guess what everyone is trying to say is that CES is only realevant to brisbane. or the "upper half of the australian continent". I mean i have heard a stivo with only a different panel filter and different engine oil pull similar kilowatts to you brisbane boys and it all happened down here in melbourne, like i said... too many factors...

And to the person who made this topic congratulations on your purchase and have fun :lol:

Edited by Mello

thanku Bangn, finally someone here has some sense! we dont have a problem with CES building products for out cars, they can do whatever they like, doesnt mean we have to buy them though! problem is that this forum has rules and one of those rules is that traders cannot advertise on this forum!!!! simple as that. but if u guys can break the rules that means so can i.

also, if the most important thing in your lives is how quick your corolla goes down the quarter, let me take my stock sportivo, add 15" rims and slicks and i'll eat u all, problem solved. geez guys its a forum where we are supposed to help each other not argue constantly. some of u need to get a life.

what engine coolant temp was logged on the stock ECU'd car in the two runs? Was it even recorded with an obd2 scanner? was it the same filter? was the Ecu reset before each run?

If someone has a sportivo, and can supply a TRD intake and CES intake and any other intake you like, I will personally pay to have them dyno tested on an independant dyno at Crossley Street and Race engineering on their current dyno dynamics machine in shootout mode in a proper controlled environment. eg, same filter, same engine temp via scan tool, same intake temp, ecu reset before each run, same fuel used, same mufflers used, EVERYTHING controlled.

anyone up for it?

i dunno shao not sure if theyd be up for it, all they seem to do is talk...

anyone up for it?

mate put simply...your a *****.....find me a CES customer that has not been happy with their products....cause so far there have been none....we dont need to get on here to show off our cars cause we have compensation issues, we do it to give the rest of the rolla guys the info that we get asked for time and time again, the QLD guys could have kept this quiet and said zip, BUT we didn't we posted up the info on the best exhaust made for our cars and im sure there are few members who have done the research and will tell you this is the case, whether or not you choose to buy or not is up to you, getting on here and talking **** about things you know nothing about only goes to show how little you really know....

and as said all along, take it or leave it, its no skin off my nose if you buy the stuff or not...

anyone up for it?

mate put simply...your a *****.....find me a CES customer that has not been happy with their products....cause so far there have been none....we dont need to get on here to show off our cars cause we have compensation issues, we do it to give the rest of the rolla guys the info that we get asked for time and time again, the QLD guys could have kept this quiet and said zip, BUT we didn't we posted up the info on the best exhaust made for our cars and im sure there are few members who have done the research and will tell you this is the case, whether or not you choose to buy or not is up to you, getting on here and talking **** about things you know nothing about only goes to show how little you really know....

and as said all along, take it or leave it, its no skin off my nose if you buy the stuff or not...

Misc-Applause.gif

anyone up for it?

Misc-Applause.gif

what do u know about injen northy? there havent been any unsatisfied customer either so how is your CES better?

lucio bought a CES what did it do for him? "6-9kw gain at the wheels" more like -2

show me what CES has done for you northy? CES + whatever else mods u have has done 15.2 thats fantastic i wish my car could be just like your "the ultimate track weapon" who himself has never taken to the track. "yes im northy my cusco zero 2's are the best - but no ive never tested them out on the track - ive only heard from people that they are good"

there are a lotta dark secrets about u northy so stop talking **** before they all come out...

Woaaaa let the ***** f i g h t s begin! :o

I'm just gonna sit back, grab a pie and a beer and watch :blink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a stock airbox, BUT I sprikled it with fairy dust and had it blessed by the Dalai Lama. I'm making more power than exhaust and CAI combo now. Dynoed at 130kw at the fronts yeahhhhhhhhh!!!

thanku Bangn, finally someone here has some sense! we dont have a problem with CES building products for out cars, they can do whatever they like, doesnt mean we have to buy them though! problem is that this forum has rules and one of those rules is that traders cannot advertise on this forum!!!! simple as that. but if u guys can break the rules that means so can i.

also, if the most important thing in your lives is how quick your corolla goes down the quarter, let me take my stock sportivo, add 15" rims and slicks and i'll eat u all, problem solved. geez guys its a forum where we are supposed to help each other not argue constantly. some of u need to get a life.

thanks for editing my post Mr Moderator...

i guess u just proved my point didnt you?

anyone up for it?

Misc-Applause.gif

what do u know about injen northy? there havent been any unsatisfied customer either so how is your CES better?

lucio bought a CES what did it do for him? "6-9kw gain at the wheels" more like -2

show me what CES has done for you northy? CES + whatever else mods u have has done 15.2 thats fantastic i wish my car could be just like your "the ultimate track weapon" who himself has never taken to the track. "yes im northy my cusco zero 2's are the best - but no ive never tested them out on the track - ive only heard from people that they are good"

there are a lotta dark secrets about u northy so stop talking **** before they all come out...

BanGns got a good point

But how can we say this when xoom has the same setup as nothy but wuns a 14.7??

hi everyone from TOCAU!!

let's not start this again!!! we have been thru' these too many a time!! let's just backed off and live in peace!!! everyone here contributes differently to the forum, eg... CORZZA provides the best pics for kits for the rolla and that is effort!! and of cos some entertaining stuff...

everyone has their own freedom in choosing and believing in what they want for their car... even if it is for rice factor and not kw factor....some chooses INJEN whiles others go TRD, CES, etc.... we should respect that!! others even bare the fact that as long as an exhaust is loud enough, it satisfied them while others wants more from the engine....

comeon!! so relax!! let's get our act togther and share our knowledge we know about our rollas, be it a stivo, levin or ascent.... they are still rollas.....

:) have a great day everyone!! :)

Seeing as this topic is heading right off track I will put it back on the rails. <_<

44gze bought a CES CAI. HE fitted it to his car. HE loves it. HE compared it to his mates car. HE beat him. HE is happy with the performance GAIN.

Like it or leave it people he bought something and is SATISFIED with his purchase. END of story.

For those who keep sabotaging this thread and derailing it into a for and against for whatever reason I will now be alerting you to the warning factor below your avator. If you keep going then be assured you will have your warning bumped up and will then have to seek permission and have your posts screened before they are posted.

I don't want to have to do this but some of you are leaving me little option. Personal attacks aren't tolerated and all involved will see my wrath if it goes any further moderator or not.

CUT THE CRAP OR HAVE YOUR POSTING OPTIONS CUT. SSIIMMPPLLEE :angry::angry::angry:

My offer of a couple of hundred dollars worth of dyno time still stands, looks like the people who have the opportunity to take advantage of it wish to ignore it though...

My offer of a couple of hundred dollars worth of dyno time still stands, looks like the people who have the opportunity to take advantage of it wish to ignore it though...

so u will moderate what you dont like about yourself? take me to the track NORTHY take me to the mountains NORTHY take me to the drags with ur CES crap ill show u how its done.

Dammit why do our citys have to be so far away.

How good woudl it be to meet at WSID next wednesday ahahahah i think with this pressure someone will get a 13 :P

Edited by SyxXPaC

far out this blew up pretty quick...

i call 'who cares' ... seriously if someone has bought a product and they like what they have bought, surely they are entitled to post here and give it a review and boast about it... far out i love my wheels, i bought them from spin city parramatta. they are excellent. i've found the traction with my tyres to be far better than my stock tyres... i just advertised SPIN CITY in PARRAMATTA. going to flame me?

people need to get over it, give their opinions, and leave the people alone who have bought a performance part that would have cost them a pretty penny and let them be happy with it!

until we have these products properly dyno tested you won't know the performance increase they provide... track times mean jack as there are so many variable factors...

I really cant see what any of the fuss is about here.

We're talking about our Corolla's guys. They are purpose built and performance wise they're pretty well maxed out unless your going to pull the engine down and rebuild with a very large wallet.

At 28k, i've brought a comforatble economical commuter which i can put 4 ppl and some luggage in if need be. Not a track weapon.

A set of rims, lowering and an exhaust have given it some street cred and is abit of a head turner.

I can blow off garden variety 4's, 6's and 8's at the lights and still take grandma to church in style and comfort on Sunday (so to speak).

For me to go out and spend near to 10k (or more) on mods to achive such a small improvement seems ludacris.

If you wanna build a track weapon that you can drive on the street, spend your 28k on a 18 month old WRX and put 5 grand into it or even a late model modded R33. Then you'll have a something thats really fit for the track, strip or street!

Horses for courses guys.

I really cant see what any of the fuss is about here.

We're talking about our Corolla's guys. They are purpose built and performance wise they're pretty well maxed out unless your going to pull the engine down and rebuild with a very large wallet.

At 28k, i've brought a comforatble economical commuter which i can put 4 ppl and some luggage in if need be. Not a track weapon.

A set of rims, lowering and an exhaust have given it some street cred and is abit of a head turner.

I can blow off garden variety 4's, 6's and 8's at the lights and still take grandma to church in style and comfort on Sunday (so to speak).

For me to go out and spend near to 10k (or more) on mods to achive such a small improvement seems ludacris.

If you wanna build a track weapon that you can drive on the street, spend your 28k on a 18 month old WRX and put 5 grand into it or even a late model modded R33. Then you'll have a something thats really fit for the track, strip or street!

Horses for courses guys.

That is the most intelligent thing said in this forum.

Lets all take a step back and think about this.

The pro CES team says:

(1) CES Rocks and is the best stuff ever.

(2) Why can't we go on the forum and say its great if it is?

The non-CES team says:

(1) We don't like how some mods are biased towards CES products

(2) some mods abuse their powers to protect CES

(3) CES products are not as great as claimed and we want to get them tested.

All summed up?

Just for the record i'm not on the CES side. I believe in a free and happy forum where 1zzs and 2zzs can live happily together and aren't terrorized by mods that may or may not get a kick back from CES.

Oh btw, I made my own intake and have a happy customer. (Feel free to advertise for me Dave :P) I've offered my intake blueprints free to all.

Eat that CES!

Chrome/Povo Racing! HURRAH!

Does anyone else notice how cool heads never prevail here?

Amongst a plethora of everyday Joes trying to seek self-actualisation through becoming the biggest kingpin they can by posting subjective information (or rather, personal opinion) on a (free) forum, people like rollamods and Mick step up to the plate with concise, well-written comments based around common sense or even scientific hypothesis and everybody else either shuts up or continues to cyber-punch on.

If you want a track weapon, don't buy a Corolla.

If a 5kw gain arouses you to the point of explosion, get a life.

Edited by Tayles

jason you can have my car mate and you can test all you want :D :D :D :D :D

damn your in QLD :( :( :( :( :( ok how about u add to that free meal ticket a paid flight to QLD and have the car put on the back of a truck and mate im there .... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I guess your also gonna need an Injen and a CES CAI as ive got the trd atm