MWR now selling stage 2&3 Piper cams for 2ZZ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not de-railing this thread as its also related to CAMS but just to let you guys know that Ragnorak Racing is also offering Stage 2 & Stage 3 cams or as they put it street cams and race cams see http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=206868

Nice how both company's have produced them at almost the same time .....

noticed Monkey Wrench also have the Apexi PFC on sale at the moment too ;)

Yep $995US - 5% and inc. hand controller. And for the extra $25US they pretune as well for various mods including the new cams! :) Since Northy suggested this link I have been watching it like a hawk. These boys know their sh*t and will come in very handy for me when my warranty runs out. B)

Edited by 76ACC

And these cams are purely for the 2zz?

i mean im sure you could use them in the 1zz with a few head mods,timing adjustment, pully and fly wheel mods?

2zz cams will not fit 1zz :( . you can get a similiar grind put on a 1zz cam but the cams have 2zz characteristics which are designed to incorporate lift improvements etc will prolly not work on a 1zz.

i mean im sure you could use them in the 1zz with a few head mods,timing adjustment, pully and fly wheel mods?

dbilas make 1zz cams.

u should know who dbilas is ;)

i should??

dbilas make 1zz cams.

u should know who dbilas is ;)

i should??

:huh: dunno, just thought being an opel/vx person, u were familiar with dbilas since they make cams, inlet/exhaust manifolds, TBs, mainly geared towards opel. they do a couple of other things for other cars as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Who's gonna be first to get them?!!?!?

Apparently I am.

I just returned from my tuner and payed an advance on them. They should arrive this week, piper had them on stock en somewhere next week they will be installed. Pretty nervous about it since it is the first 'real' engine mod I'm gooing through with.

Do not scream about dyno numbers, I do not have a baserun and even after the mod I will not promptly have them perform a run. Since I have no way of tuning anything and piper built them for the stock ECU I do not see the use of dynoing it. I do will test the 0-60 and the 400 times with my G-tech wich I'm verry used to and that should give me a verry accurate view of the actual gains in speed and acceleration.

Apparently I am.

I just returned from my tuner and payed an advance on them. They should arrive this week, piper had them on stock en somewhere next week they will be installed. Pretty nervous about it since it is the first 'real' engine mod I'm gooing through with.

Do not scream about dyno numbers, I do not have a baserun and even after the mod I will not promptly have them perform a run. Since I have no way of tuning anything and piper built them for the stock ECU I do not see the use of dynoing it. I do will test the 0-60 and the 400 times with my G-tech wich I'm verry used to and that should give me a verry accurate view of the actual gains in speed and acceleration.

Sounds good man! Keep us posted on how it goes! It would be good to see some pictures of the installation too!

Apparently I am.

Are you changing valves, retainers, springs etc???Or just bunging the cams in on the stock stuff??If this is your only engine mod then the gains will be minimual. Do intake, exhaust etc and power will improve rather nicely. ;)

Are you changing valves, retainers, springs etc???Or just bunging the cams in on the stock stuff??If this is your only engine mod then the gains will be minimual. Do intake, exhaust etc and power will improve rather nicely. ;)

Valves and springs remain the same as stock since acording to Piper it is not necasery to update them. Actualy I even had choise between 2 brands of cams, the Pipers and the one of CATCAM. The CATCAM's have a rather special grind which makes it absolutely necesary to change the springs. And since they perform almost the same (but on a different way) I chose the Pipers. The Cats would be PERFECT for Forced induction ... They have a shorter duration but a faster opening/closing due to steep slopes on the cams. Which ofcourse makes it necasery to have other springs. And harder springs = more stress and less power.

Intake and exhaust are already taken care of. K&N Typhoon kit and a mandrel bent free flow catback which already freed up some of the 'hidden' horses.

I'm planing on portmatching intake and header in the near future.

will you be kind enough to share how much did the cams and installation set you back??

The cams will cost me 960€ and installing them another 120€.

It shure isn't the cheapest shop but it has a killer reputation and they simply gave me confidence that it will go smooth.