CES CAI

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to posting the results on this test, can we lock the thread so we have the findings/results only and not spoilt by unconstructive comments.

I agree with that. Good call mate....

When it comes to posting the results on this test, can we lock the thread so we have the findings/results only and not spoilt by unconstructive comments.

Dont worry mate im planning on pinning it to the top of the forum ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of starting a new thred I'll just cont. on this one.. cause it is a "Short CES CAI review" :P

The past weekend i became a proud owner of a CES CAI, and indeed i was very happy with it.

Being someone thats never mucked around with anything to do with the engines, I was quite proud with myself when I fitted it by myself and with crappy tools :P :P (playing with Legos paid off :lol: ). The 1st thing i noticed was the induction sound :D :D 2nd was obivously the throttle response and the extra power. 3rd after a long hard drive, opened up the bonnet and the cai was cold! not warm.. but cold to touch :blink: i was quite surpised to say the least.

Most of that is just echo'ing others... but i do have something else to show... and thats the intake muffler! for 1zz's

if your planning to install a cai urself and u got a nice big water tank for air.. i think the following will help

dsc03959copy6ty.jpg

there no need to remove the front bumper to remove this.

Bolt "A" is easy enough to find and remove

Bolt "B" needs some feeling around on the back side, as i wasnt able to see it.

Bolt "C" was a pain in the a55. its hidden in a lil tight dark corner. took me ages to find and with my crappy tools could only do quarter turns at a time <_<

overall i had fun installing, some frustrating moments (with the muffler) but was quite rewarding in the end :D

Another happy one. Good to see that you had no probs with the install.

May I say though, that it don't matter if your tools are crappy, so long as they work. If you ever say Danthuyer's toolbox, you'll prolly realise your kit is like a snap-on van.... :P

Dont worry mate im planning on pinning it to the top of the forum ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

:unsure: Any updates on results? :ph34r:

To me it doesnt matter which brand it is. Im with Lucio on this one. Im trying to work out how 1/4 inch has made an extra 4 kws difference.....

the 1/4 inch would make a difference to the speed at which the air would pass through the flow metre,so the fueling would change a bit.

Having a pipe 1/4 of an inch larger would mean that the air flowing down the pipe would be slower, so air going passed the flow metre would be slower, and the engine would put less gas into the mix.

Now, a 3" pipe has 19% more area to flow air, and from what I understand of the Toyota ECUs, they ahve ~20% of adjustability for what they get from sensors, so, the ECU should be able to figure it out as long as the engine is running at exactly that point, however... at stock, NA engines normally krun a bit rich(for safety), so leaning it out a bit should help atleast a small bit.

I hope that this explains a bit of this.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back, just have been using all my spare time and weekends to finish my wagon and Marks turbo setup.

With all going to plan the wagon will be registered this week and there's not much to go on Marks car either so it will happen soon.

Hello,

If anyone is interested in buying My CES CAI please PM me. I am selling my stivo so the CAI must go.

I am selling this great CAI for $350.00 (RRP $442.00) considarebly less of what I paid for it. I welcome Pick up in Melbourne.

Here are a few details:

M.S. INTAKE PIPE - WITH HPC HIPERCOAT ALUMINIUM-CERAMIC COATING (INSIDE/OUT) -5 – 7 KW GAIN (ALONE)

INCLUDES:

• * K & N POD FILTER WITH MOUNTING BRACKETS (X2)

• 45 DEGREE RUBBER BEND

• 2 X STAINLESS STEEL CLAMPS

• LASER CUT M.S. FLANGE

• 2 X RUBBER MOUNTS

• CAN BE FITTED YOURSELF

• FILTER CAN BE WASHED MULTIPLE TIMES

• INCREASED PERFORMANCE OVER TRD BRAND

Thank you,

I am selling my stivo so the CAI must go.

I wonder why he's selling it...

U really need 2 open ur eyes Rob :P :P :P :P spending a bit 2 much time infront of the pc reading the forum ur starting 2 miss key information

I am selling my stivo so the CAI must go.

I wonder why he's selling it...

U really need 2 open ur eyes Rob :P :P :P :P spending a bit 2 much time infront of the pc reading the forum ur starting 2 miss key information

..easy.. xoom or he'll take u off his "thank you" list :P :P :lol: