Mazda 323/3 vs Toyota Corolla Drag re-match

Trying for a date in late July. That way a few south of the border can make it up for the day. If that's the case then Qlder's will also have a cruise on the Sunday for all interstate guests.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be up for it!! need to figure some nice accom nearby. Never been anywhere In QLD other then bris and Surfers lol :P

same ... only ever been to QLD once b4 ... and that was at coolum ...

stay like 2 nights or so ... im all for it if there are a few of us ...

Just get accom in bris, its not overly far from the track...

Though given that alot of national events are held at willowbank, i'm sure there would be a motel or something nearby.

Let us know and i'll ask the mrs if she can find something cheap cheap through her work.

ill be up for it!! need to figure some nice accom nearby. Never been anywhere In QLD other then bris and Surfers lol :P

Could stay in Ipswich, otherwise staying in Brisbane or Gold Coast is about an hours drive to Willowbank. But as far as mainstream tourism goes there is little to do at Ipswich, but at least you can get to Willowbank quickly. Would like to see some interstate cars running, see what differences there are between tracks.

Blue_stivo: The only saturdays are the 3rd June, 15th July, 5th August. But they do wednesday nights pretty much each week ;)

and you guys n gals have your normal meets in brisbane right ?

this is correct. weekly at Milton.... <5 mins from the city

for the interstaters

Brisbane --> Willowbank

brwb1fo.png

Gold Coast --> Willowbank

gcwb5bd.png

Edited by HDACHE

Like i said boys bit busy at work with a few projects that are now on the boil but if i can get that all sorted out then late july is look like a real possibility .....

I have been promising u QLD boys that i would come up ....

So worst case if it aint at this drag night when i do come up im sure we can organise another drag night that the mazda boys would be more than happy to come out and take a crack at a NSW stivo which is currently running quicker 1/4's than their quickest champion ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'd suggest that you guys who want to come up book into a hotel in Brisbane as it's close to everything and we do have our weekly meet up about 4-5min drive from the centre of town. Plus if you all stay in the same hotel then I would say that you would get a group discount.

Us Brissy people will find something suitable, comfortable and relatively inexpensive to stay.

Also on the sunday after the drags we will also prolly do a cruise as well.(Probably MT Nebo/Glorious for times sake)

Will get a firm date for the drag meet this week :D

I'd suggest that you guys who want to come up book into a hotel in Brisbane as it's close to everything and we do have our weekly meet up about 4-5min drive from the centre of town. Plus if you all stay in the same hotel then I would say that you would get a group discount.

Us Brissy people will find something suitable, comfortable and relatively inexpensive to stay.

Also on the sunday after the drags we will also prolly do a cruise as well.(Probably MT Nebo/Glorious for times sake)

Will get a firm date for the drag meet this week :D

Your suggested July date on AGT sounds about right mate....

Give it a day or so to see what the consensis is from the hordes....but it'd say thats the go.

Edit: on the subject of accomodation.. i can have a chat to the other half about how best to get discount rates (she works for wotif).... you are probably best approaching a hotel about a group booking and putting down a small deposit to secure your rooms, but i'll check. Cheapish places to stay are royal on the park and holiday in (both around $120 a night last time we stayed there), or a small motel (there is one down the road from me, can suss out some prices if you like)

Edited by LordWorm

there is also the formule1 motel at windsor which are $65 a night and can fit 3 ppl - it's close to town and has all the basics you need.... bed, shower and toilet.

Formule 1 Brisbane

The one at Windsor would be the best too. Good work Kungfucamel... Free park and the most simplistic ammenities to keep the costs down.

Windsor is about 4 minutes on the ICB (NO TOLLS :P ) from where we gather at Milton on a Thursday night, and about 6 minutes from the CBD.

For $65.00 per night for 3 people, if you all got here on a Thursday and stayed till Sunday after the drags, then this would be like $65.00 per person for the weekend... Not bad.

Royal on the Park is good. Right in town with free parking for the guests, but even at wotif pricing, you prolly won't get much for under $100.00 a night.... (I have actually stayed there a few times myself)...

Let me know if you want me to look into any other locations for you that you may find...

Cheers

Aaron