front strut bar or rear sway bar??

hi!!!!

id like to know... which improves the corning more?

yeh i know most of u would say.. GET BOTH... and yeh.. eventually i will get both..

but i wanna buy it 1 buy 1...

ive heard many ppl +ve comments on the rear sway...

ya... thx...

IMO the rear sway bar brings most benefits. It will reduce body roll, therefore decrease understeer.

rear sway bar u will feel most benefit as first mod .. the front strut brace will just compliment it

yes it will encourage oversteer as it links the two rear struts at the bottom .. and when u corner the opposite side pulls each other down .. the thicker, the stronger the force .. if its too thick it will make ur wheel leave the road in hard cornering

i went for both so i cant tell u the result of each .. but it makes a big diff having it .. specially when ur cornering and ur skidding at the same time but u know u got it under control! :lol:

Edited by gOODbOYz

This is what I have found from each;

Front strut bar: Improves traction in a straight line, better turning feel since the numbness from in the front end has been eliminated during hard cornering.

Rear anti-roll bar: Reduces inside wheel spin and less understeer

I actually got my whiteline front strut fitted tonite at the meet :lol::lol:

On the drive home noticed the improvements immediately B) the car handles the corners so much better. I even took the long way home so that i could go though more turns and corners :lol::lol::lol:

wow thx for the replies!!!!

so... rear sway bar.... is the way!!!!

o yeh.. how about the front sway???

havent heard many ppl getting them

and also.. will these TRD bars fit the older models... or even the models coming up???

They're a switching to a multi-link rear suspension system for next Corolla.

I lowered my car and installed my rear sway at the same time. It handled so much better. Then I added the the front strut brace and that made it handle like a new car. Every part compliments, so prob get em all. I'm still waiting to install my front sway bar, but its a big job, since you have to remove crossmembers and engine mounts.

just installed my front sway recently with the front strut and rear sway already on, im not even lowered yet and the thing just corners like a go kart, but for your first mod i agree go rear sway just make sure its properly installed otherwise it will make nice noises (rice bubble effect :D ) happy cornering

From looking at the picture of your car it is an 05 model. I have just been informed that whiteline has not made sway bars for Spotivo o5 ZZE 123. If you know different please inform as I would like to stop the ol'rolla from acting like a boat. I was driving a S16 pug so I really want the go-kart handling back.

Would the sway bars for 12/01-04 fit an 05 model.

Looking through parts list in other forum, I guess these parts are for pre face lift so a parts number for sway that will fit 05 model would be really helpful. As both whiteline and GSA wholesalers arenot sure if 04 parts will fit 05

BangN installed a front strut on my ride couple of nights ago - firmed up the steering :D very responsive .... <_< i need better tires or coil overs now...the limits of turn in speed has been reached :D Hope to get a rear sway bar later on ;) judging from the joy ride BangN gave me...A must mod!!

From looking at the picture of your car it is an 05 model. I have just been informed that whiteline has not made sway bars for Spotivo o5 ZZE 123. If you know different please inform as I would like to stop the ol'rolla from acting like a boat. I was driving a S16 pug so I really want the go-kart handling back.

Would the sway bars for 12/01-04 fit an 05 model.

i got the whiteline front strut on my facelift!

I think my suspension lasted a whole 3 days when i bought my stivo.

Front and rear sway bars

Front strut brace

Shocks and springs

Camber kit

LSD

1 word... go kart!

Definitely start at the rear sway bar though.. with any car.

Swaybars are realtively cheap yet make such a difference.