Aurion Exterior/Interior Pictures

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Aurion changes weren't all Aussie ... here is a pic from the reveal at the Melbourne Motor Show, it even wears the same alloys as the Chinese Camry!

Thanks for the pics...

I was originally really looking forward to this car, but I am unsure now I hear its FWD.... ;)

Thanks for the pics...

I was originally really looking forward to this car, but I am unsure now I hear its FWD.... ;)

Well, we know the standard cars will be FWD, but we don't know if the sports models will also be FWD or possibly AWD ... Toyota at least have a fair few of the bits needed to go AWD, so I think that's much more plausible than any RWD rumours.

B) thats soooooo nice!

My dad's been a toyota employee for the last 7 years and he got invited to drive the supercharged aurion. Apparently they kept it in this closed case and he got permission to see the inside and test it out. He said that it was 250kw and awd. He also got a big applause from the workers when he started doing burnouts in the factory. Price as he was told was going to start from around 45k and go upto 65k plus for the full option supercharged aurion. They told him it comes out September this year. But he said that he still has to get that date verified to give a clear answer for the production release. And one more thing, it was a 6 speed tiptronic gearbox. So im guessing, bye bye HSV + FPV.

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

B) thats soooooo nice!

My dad's been a toyota employee for the last 7 years and he got invited to drive the supercharged aurion. Apparently they kept it in this closed case and he got permission to see the inside and test it out. He said that it was 250kw and awd. He also got a big applause from the workers when he started doing burnouts in the factory. Price as he was told was going to start from around 45k and go upto 65k plus for the full option supercharged aurion. They told him it comes out September this year. But he said that he still has to get that date verified to give a clear answer for the production release. And one more thing, it was a 6 speed tiptronic gearbox. So im guessing, bye bye HSV + FPV.

AWD burnouts in the factory hey... sounds far fetched to me.

B) thats soooooo nice!

Papa said "Alligators is angry cause they got all them teeth and no toothbrush"

I think full of sh.t is closer to the mark.

Dad got "invited" to drive it, but he needed special permission to "see the inside", wouldn't driving it involve "seeing inside"?

I'm sure he would have got plenty of applause if he somehow managed to get a well engineered all wheel drive to do burnouts "in the factory".

As for the "Bye Bye HSV and FPV", I wasn't aware that those companies were concentrating on cracking the 6 cyl AWD market, maybe you know something that we dont? Ohh Ahh, a six speed tiptronic, I think Im going to cream my pants on the spot, thats a brand new concept. I mean, can you imagine, a 6 speed tiptronic, must be a world first :rolleyes:

FFS mate, we didn't come down in the last shower. . . . .

B) thats soooooo nice!

Papa said "Alligators is angry cause they got all them teeth and no toothbrush"

I think full of sh.t is closer to the mark.

Dad got "invited" to drive it, but he needed special permission to "see the inside", wouldn't driving it involve "seeing inside"?

I'm sure he would have got plenty of applause if he somehow managed to get a well engineered all wheel drive to do burnouts "in the factory".

As for the "Bye Bye HSV and FPV", I wasn't aware that those companies were concentrating on cracking the 6 cyl AWD market, maybe you know something that we dont? Ohh Ahh, a six speed tiptronic, I think Im going to cream my pants on the spot, thats a brand new concept. I mean, can you imagine, a 6 speed tiptronic, must be a world first :rolleyes:

FFS mate, we didn't come down in the last shower. . . . .

LOL, sorry for messing up peoples heads i must've been drunk or something, when i mean't seeing the inside, he saw the car's exterior before but because it was in a closed case, he never had to chance to see the interior. I don't know where i pulled the word burnouts from but it's supposed to be donuts and the car was semi-auto or tiptronic, whatever you want it to call it. Speaking of cracking the 6cyl AWD market, the things that aurion will share with those brands is performance, umm lemmi see i guess how many doors it has ohh and wait they are all family sports cars. That's why i said Bye Bye HSV and FPV, if you know what i mean.

LOL, sorry for messing up peoples heads i must've been drunk or something

wtf, thats a little strange to backpeddle as far as saying you were completely wrong/lying/insane.

wtf, thats a little strange to backpeddle as far as saying you were completely wrong/lying/insane.

D: All Of The Above....

"lock it in Eddie"

"lock it in Eddie"

Lol what am i lying about? + why would i lie? The prices that i gave you guys will be proven soon and the car specs. so i don't know why you guys would make such a deal of it. + i don't know if its prototype. I never asked. All i know it was covered and out of reach.

"lock it in Eddie"

Lol what am i lying about? + why would i lie? The prices that i gave you guys will be proven soon and the car specs. so i don't know why you guys would make such a deal of it. + i don't know if its prototype. I never asked. All i know it was covered and out of reach.

Quit while your not too far behind mate, seriously, I have never heard so much bullsh.t in all my life. First your old man is doing burnouts, then he's doing doughnuts, then the car is "covered and out of reach"

I have no idea why you would lie, but you could at least make the lies a little more beleiveable. . . . .

"lock it in Eddie"

Where exactly in a car factory do they have the space to (safely) do AWD doughies?

More importantly, what is your father's importance, given the car was covered and out of reach, but they let him take it to do some doughies? Now if it was Neal Bates doing doughies, that sounds a bit more reasonable ... :blink:

Buri, if there's one thing I've learnt over the time I've been on TOCA, if you start making outlandish claims, then you either back it up with some good evidence or expect that people are going to take the mickey. ;)

Edited by Buddha

Exactly Buddha, how many times have people said stuff unbelievable or contradictory and not been able to back any of it up, like Nino_Leb telling us about his supercharged 2ZZ Sportivo, which the exterior photos were of a black car and the engine bay shots were from a silver car currently for sale in USA, not to mention that the engine bay that he posted the image of with the S/C was a 1ZZ, noticably missing the L from the VVTL-i logo....

Like whats been posted, doing burnouts in an AWD at a display, to then having to get special permission to see the interior...

Like Buddha said, your old man would have to be Neil Bates or Ralph Schumacker for that to happen, considering your average Toyota dealer wont allow most people to even test drive any Toyota model with guts without the salesman with them....

yeah spill the beans.............

You guys still get the storyline wrong.

1. the car was covered out of reach before my dad took it out.

2. dad wanted to see the car's interior because he never saw it before.(mean while he did see the car's exterior just before they covered it up.

3. some time later the car's case was opened up once to show everybody what it looked like.

4. dad convinced his boss to get the keys to have a look at the interior.

5. after looking at the interior, turned on the engine without asking for permission and started to do dohnuts in an empty area guessing outside.( im guessing outside factory because no place to do dohnuts inside the factory)

6. got in a little trouble because he did not have permission to start up car in anyway.

7. works for toyota for the last 7 years and is a supervisor for the bumper bar team.

8. Is all this **** clear enough for you people this time. How hard can it be to convince you guys. Do i have to drive all the way to Altona to take pics of the damn thing???

Edited by Buri_Sportivo

6. got in a little trouble because he did not have permission to start up car in anyway.

Wouldn't that sort of behaviour get a bloke sacked....especially with these new IR Laws

8. Is all this **** clear enough for you people this time. How hard can it be to convince you guys. Do i have to drive all the way to Altona to take pics of the damn thing???

No

8. Do i have to drive all the way to Altona to take pics of the damn thing???

Wouldn't hurt.

the safe and fair usage of chrome in automotive uses

:lol::lol::lol:

negatron you crack me up!

i still dont believe you buri, so its off to get some pics ;)

Go to altona, get in the factory after working hours, take off the case and even though you will get in deep ****, you will know what i mean atleast. Because i don't really care if you guys believe or not. Im just telling you what i know.