2zz headers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill start it if u want :lol:

anyway im not in melbourne, so their no use

alot of comments made, but is anyone will to back it up with are dyno before and after,

ill probably just modify the stock headers,

now should i go 2 1/2" or 3" off the headers

cheers

ill start it if u want :lol:

anyway im not in melbourne, so their no use

alot of comments made, but is anyone will to back it up with are dyno before and after,

ill probably just modify the stock headers,

cheers

I meant, called meridian and ask. Pretend u r buying :P

contact meridian motorsport in Melbourne, look for their website and ask. THey made clubman car using 2zz-ge, and their headers for their clubman car is beautiful, snakey and long-tube. So I figured they know what's best for 2zz-ge.

Its funny, I would have thought that Toyota would know more about their engine than some place that made a clubman... maybe not thought I guess...

you could always ask Yamaha, after all, they designed the thing.

cheers

unless you are going forced induction, keep it as small as you can to keep gas speed high... the stock appears to be 2"(not sure, I got mine with after market goodies), I'm about to change all of mine to 2.5" but I plan to go with a Blitz SC in the next year or so, 2.5" should give me enough flow for ~300WHP, well above what I'm aiming for, incidentally, 2" should be enough for almost 220WHP from memory, well above the ~165WHP that the 2zz gives out on the Celicas and Sportivos.

Check out New Celica.org and search for a guy named Boosted 2.0. He's the one in the states who is doing the ported stock headers and has dyno sheets and piccies.

Or like i mentioned earlier contact CES yourself for more info. I will not post any other info due to(and what has already happened :angry: ) the narrow mindedness of some members.

All I will say is that yes they work and yes they did make an increase in power and in drivability and I'm happy with them :D :D :D

All the Celica and XRS boys in the states told me to port the stock headers and also do the head itself. Better for street and bang for buck they told me. That's what they're all doing anyway.

/sits and waits for someone to post the contents of a MSN conversation....

:P

:P :P

i dont wanna get that person in trouble

Pretty sure im going to get a set of these xtractors at some stage.... if it makes you feel good they look really shiney.. and thats always good when your not even going to see them.. but just knowing that its shiney makes me feel good

^^ hehe.. i swear its all about high performance... :blink:

Edited by sportiv

Toyota knows, thats why the header on 2zz-ge is so optimise you hardly see gain with aftermarket ones. Even the TRD header, to my thinking, its made to work with their higher piston sets and muffler, not as individual. For a standard car with 2zz-ge, it comes equipped with great exhaust system already, you gotta appreciate their effort.

Remember, Toyota got to meet regulations as manufacturer so they can't just do as they pleased.

Edited by Danz

Toyota knows, thats why the header on 2zz-ge is so optimise you hardly see gain with aftermarket ones. Even the TRD header, to my thinking, its made to work with their higher piston sets and muffler, not as individual. For a standard car with 2zz-ge, it comes equipped with great exhaust system already, you gotta appreciate their effort.

Remember, Toyota got to meet regulations as manufacturer so they can't just do as they pleased.

Header design make very very little difference to noise, or emmisions, so header is one thing that can be designed well to begin with. The stock header is designed to give you slightly better bottom end performance, to the detrement of top end. The TRD one will give you a better mid and high end, but the bottom end will suffer slightly, although it still makes bugger all difference.

Any other one, I can't say that I have seen dyno plots etc, but those two, I have seen, I only know of one place that does better job(on appearence) than the stock and TRD ones, but I can't think of their name. they have a site and I'm trying to find it at the moment, but they are not cheap, not by any stretch of the imagination.

So are headers a good thing or bad thing?

heh, well it would sound rather odd and kinda loud without any...

As for aftermarket ones that I suspect you mean, it depends on the design, me, I'll be sticking with Toyota ones, either the factory ones or the TRD ones.

Headers should be bought if ur're aiming to run and live in the upper rev ranges, the stock ones are already well designed and unless u want to shift ur powerband up higher (and maybe low end drivability suffers).

My advice is just leave it alone, and save up for either suspension, ICE or RICE. maker a car go faster just means u drive faster away whilst i'm having my way with ur women. muahahahahahah

So are headers a good thing or bad thing?

As Danz always says "it's all about synergy!" Obviously headers will always compliment a full system eg. CAI or SRI with an good exhaust system. It's funny that those who have dynoed all three mods seperately and in different orders eg. CAI then CAI and headers then add exhaust, they get varying results by a few kw either way with the individual mod. Especially with the 2zz but the sum of the maximum kw gain with the full system on will be the same. Does that make sense? :P IMO as "good" engines evolve and become more efficient it is going to become harder and harder to get the 'bang for buck' big gains so therefore it's up to the individual if they want to fork out the big bucks to personnalise their ride or buy fully worked or close to from the show room. I have made my choice now all i need is the coin! :D :D :D

Havnt confirmed the installer yet but the one im leaning towards does have a dyno...

wont be installed until late june -july anyway...

Good idea! The companies who make performance mods usually produce the dyno figures when they release them but with the 2zz the output figures vary so much from the factory I guess they are reluctant to put their rep on the line because each vehicle will vary so much. Was speaking to Trevor from CES yesterday and he said that on most dyno days in Brisbane he has seen a stock difference from 96kw @ the wheels to the best he has seen at around 113 kw @ the wheels! So for the mean time the only way to shut the sceptics up is to base line your car then keep getting it dynoed at the same place with each new mod which is not cheap or practicle but hey someone has to do it right? :D

Edited by 76ACC

Somebody give this man a medal!!! Absolute words of wisdom ;) Let's hope that everyone understands that and doesn't start the same ol' conflict again and again :)

I just can't justify paying all that money for minimal gains. That's just me thought. I'll go nuts with performance when I grab a Supra or an RX7 Series 5/6 or something later on in my life. $5000 get's you insane power with them. Like I said that's just me though. Sportivo is zippy as is and a nice cruising car.