2zz headers

has any got one made for their 2zz or do use just buy the trd ones,

well im looking at making headers for my 2zz mr2, i would like to no, wats the best diametre pipe size 1.5" or 1.75", im looking for mid to high range in power and torq, it will be 4 2 1 type

cheers for ur input guys

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard porting the stock headers is actually a good option. Maybe research that too.

I have read a few articles regarding the worth of replacing the stock 2zz headers and it was found that ultimately it made no gains at all, because the ports were the restricting factor. So if you are hoping to get something out of some new extractors i would look into getting the headers ported first. I read in one instance that a guy with JSM(? - may have been JDM, cant remember, from the USA) extractors and a ported head supposedly made an extra 20 hp...

I don't know if you guys have heard of it or not, but the Toyota Racing Series here in NZ use the TRD headers.

It makes bugger all difference to the stock output, no increase in peak HP, but mid range is a bit better, ut they appear to have done a pretty good job on the stock ones... yes porting is meant to help a bit, but I haven't heard anything about the 20HP, thats a lot to get out of an already fairly highly strung engine.

I know that some of you will flame me but I am just simply going to say that there is headers here in Australia(more so Brisbane) for the Sportivo and they work very well. There are a few Brissy boys running them now and they are extremely happy with the results for the price concerned.

If you want to know more then contact CES Racing yourself on 07 32002333.

Before we "flame" you as you say, can you give some more information like...

1. What are the gains from just the headers? Because alot of the tests that you guys talk about are with the CAI, headers and exhaust, so do you have a conclusive test that the headers have made a gain.

2. The people that have had the headers put on, have they had the car dynoed with just the headers or is butt on seat?

3. Can you post a dyno sheet of the gains made by the headers alone....

I guess if you can then the people cant really flame you

im one of the people running the headders and i based my purchase on butt in seat experience, you get more mid/top end response i cant give you a dyno cause i dont have one so lets just leave it at that :)

im one of the people running the headders and i based my purchase on butt in seat experience, you get more mid/top end response i cant give you a dyno cause i dont have one so lets just leave it at that :)

northy, please stop talking***** thats all u do on this forum, u reckon u have the BEST car and your parts are the BEST but what have they done for u. noting u high ego sack of sh it.

northy, please stop talking***** thats all u do on this forum, u reckon u have the BEST car and your parts are the BEST but what have they done for u. noting u high ego sack of sh it.

dude pull your head in mate ... no problem with what he said ... and im almost willing to bet its not northy that has the problem ....

Im sorry but ive read on many american forum's where guys have developed headers and its not until they do a port also that they get any 'REAL' power gains, this is going by dynos. And yes i know that dynos are not the be all and end all but they provide the most conclusive evidence that something has made a power gain.

Could it be that you are feeling throttle response instead of 'REAL' power gains....

Im sorry but ive read on many american forum's where guys have developed headers and its not until they do a port also that they get any 'REAL' power gains, this is going by dynos. And yes i know that dynos are not the be all and end all but they provide the most conclusive evidence that something has made a power gain.

Could it be that you are feeling throttle response instead of 'REAL' power gains....

maybe its his ego thats makes the car faster

The only reason that i asked was because they recommended the headers and they have the headers....

yeah .. and thats completely fine ...

I like garlic chicken pizza and I recommend garlic chicken pizza ... if you like it then you recommend it dont you ???

simple as that boys ... not everyone likes garlic ... but if someone asks about it ofcourse im gonna recommend it ...

AGAIN .. back to post #1 ...

I am sure there is gain by changing headers, its just that perhaps its not made for top end gain as our header is very short. Low-mid power gain is what I would look for, and on USA forum that's exactly where the gain is.

Now I have read on celica forum, for a similar engine such as integra type R 05 (or type S), u need long tube header to replace the shorty header to make top end power. Same like 2zz-ge, seems like if u want top end power, u need to go long tube. Weapon R have a long tube header for celica 2zz-ge, but that deletes the cat altogether. Their hub dyno shows enormous gain, however this one owner saw no gain on dyno yet positive on the header making power as it felt that way. Perhaps, different to stock ecu, his power FC needed some tunings to yield the best out of the header, who knows.

easy guys, i think it will make are difference, because i would have are short exh system, but its the pipe size that concerns me, best bang for ya bucks

cheers

contact meridian motorsport in Melbourne, look for their website and ask. THey made clubman car using 2zz-ge, and their headers for their clubman car is beautiful, snakey and long-tube. So I figured they know what's best for 2zz-ge.

why has everyone got such a problem with CES? its just a company who has got off their ***** and made a product for our cars!! we should be grateful and jealous of the brisbane guys that they are so close and can easily get these parts!

shift performance made a CAI for the corolla, eggbert has bought one, ive borrowed one, its awesome... if you're after a cheap CAI, go and buy one. it works well...

so are you going to flame me for recommending a product i used that produced gains?

if these guys have bought the CES headers for less than the TRD headers and they have found there to be gain, OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO RECOMMEND THEM. you guys who are bagging em, get a life! sure somoene made the mistake of pinning the thread a while back blah blah, if you dont like it, go to another forum or something... this place has provided you all with so much knowledge about your car that you aren't going to find anywhere else...

bangn if you're going to stir up **** and call people who are trying to help and put up their experiences, you're going to get yourself canned from the forum. sorry bro but its as simple as that... noone wants to read it...

come on guys can we please get past the whole CES thing. HPC coasting is a heat resistant coating that is put on the headders as well as being an insulator it also makes the surface of the headders inside and out very smooth so that increases flow of the exhaust gas, Silva is also running CES headders without the HPC coating the gains were good but not quite as good as the ones with the HPC coating, the other advantage of the coating is that you dont have to put the heat shield back on the headders as the HPC coating reduces the heat. there is more info here http://www.hpcoatings.com/