What do you use

Ok so as I love treating my beautiful 2009 Toyota Aurion Presara called "Faye" to lots of love and attention I have a question.

What do you use for your windscreen as far as a coatings? I have tried a few but am never 100% happy with the way it lasts or how the wipers react to the coatings and wiper chatter ends up forcing me to get rid of whatever I have tried.

So many have different opinions about using Ceramic or Graphene sprays, so unless they do as on the bottle I bypass them. I am very fussy with wanting a crystal clear windscreen and would like to hear what others have used and are super happy with. Some that I see available they want an arm a leg and your first born child price wise so something reasonable in price but does a fantastic job of making the wipers glide smoothly and that lasts is what i am after

Thanks all

KAA

Hi,

Years ago a workmate used silicon oil, and he was wrapped. Water just ran off. 

I have no personal experience with it so can't offer a recommendation.

Herb

I am currently using Armor All Ultra Ceramic Glass Treatment & Cleaner 500mL. Still on the initial bottle purchased about 1 year old on an introductory offer at Super Cheap Auto. Definitely follow the application instructions.

On my Aurion, the water starts beading and flying off the windscreen at 60 kph. One of my better decisions was to do a windscreen treatment at the end of day 1 of a recent road trip after encountering a few hours of sporadic light rain. Next morning, the weather changed to regular light rain and there was little need to use the wipers except when the traffic was more prevalent. I have found that in Brisbane warm weather conditions, best results from the glass treatment is from the initial 2 weeks.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/armor-all-armor-all-ultra-ceramic-glass-treatment-cleaner-500ml/623881.html?cgid=SCA8000995#search_term=armor all&start=38

I also have P&S Bead Maker on hand, so likely to use it on the windscreen.

• Thanks 1

Get a clean rag, douse it in WD40 wipe along the wiper blades and be amazed at the amount of black gunk that comes off, stops chatter, no smearing , works wonders on soap scum removal in the bathroom shower screen also

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Ashley and Conrod, I have looked at the Armour All latest range and they seem to have lifted their game a lot in new great products so will definitely look at that one Ash. I followed advise by Pan The Organiser on YT and cleaned with IPA and yes the gunk the blades hold is dramatic it did help but was more after a coating to try out on the windscreen so will delve into trying to stash some newer ones in my cabinet for the next TLC day for "Faye" once I get over a bad run with Bronchial Pneumonia I am battling right now grrr has been a rough few weeks of late. Thanks as always Guys your the best there is

KAA

Ok after checking out the sales on at all of my local Auto stores I went into Supercheap and grabbed a bottle of the Armour All Ceramic Glass Cleaner and Coating, I felt a bit stronger today after fighting this horrible Bronchial Pneumonia now for 2 weeks so gave all the glass including the headlights a good clean and coating. It came up fantastic looking in the garage. But it is only out in the sun when it truly show if it did its job. So far very happy with the product and at $18.20 on special was well worth the price. Thanks to those who gave their ideas, I also swapped over the wiper blade assemblies after good clean with IPA so lets see how things go.

KAA

• Like 1

Thanks Tony Yes I like the Rain X products but as the Armour all Ceramic was on sale went with that. I was amazed how good it has come up, and after a nice cruise with my beloved lady no streaks or smears and looked great. Will see how it lasts as "Faye" is due for a good wash very soon just need to get motivated and energised to do it. Have been battling Bronchial Pneumonia for a few weeks and it has hit me hard so not doing much lately.

Keep safe Mate

Love to you and yours

Robert

10 hours ago, KAA said:

Thanks Tony Yes I like the Rain X products but as the Armour all Ceramic was on sale went with that. I was amazed how good it has come up, and after a nice cruise with my beloved lady no streaks or smears and looked great. Will see how it lasts as "Faye" is due for a good wash very soon just need to get motivated and energised to do it. Have been battling Bronchial Pneumonia for a few weeks and it has hit me hard so not doing much lately.

Keep safe Mate

Love to you and yours

Robert

I'm all for trying different products Rob. At the moment, I have a lot going on and I haven't really had the time to dedicate to the detailing aspect hence why there's been little to no detailing posts.
I hope you get well soon too mate. Don't push yourself, just take the time required to recover so you can bounce back and be stronger than ever.

I'm going through some medical issues too. Something I don't really need right now, but we soldier on as they say. Hope to be on top of things in the coming months.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Thanks My Dear Friend for the good wishes, saw the Dr again today he put me on a further course of anti biotics to nail this on the head hopefully, so very sorry to hear your not doing well so as you said don't push it mate time is needed to heal then any projects you have you can tackle.

Actually rained fairly well today so got to see this Ceramic Glass do it's thing and it was excellent windscreen was beading nicely and all the other glass was dispersing all the rain brilliantly, so I am happy I got it applied last week as I feel rotten right now so even though it was a tough time getting the energy to apply it was worth it, took my time stopping to sit gain my breathe.

You look after yourself mate, need you here as your always a wealth of knowledge and friendship I cherish greatly.

Hugs to you and yours

Robert

On 7/4/2023 at 6:01 PM, KAA said:

Thanks My Dear Friend for the good wishes, saw the Dr again today he put me on a further course of anti biotics to nail this on the head hopefully, so very sorry to hear your not doing well so as you said don't push it mate time is needed to heal then any projects you have you can tackle.

Actually rained fairly well today so got to see this Ceramic Glass do it's thing and it was excellent windscreen was beading nicely and all the other glass was dispersing all the rain brilliantly, so I am happy I got it applied last week as I feel rotten right now so even though it was a tough time getting the energy to apply it was worth it, took my time stopping to sit gain my breathe.

You look after yourself mate, need you here as your always a wealth of knowledge and friendship I cherish greatly.

Hugs to you and yours

Robert

Thanks for your kind words mate. The next few months will be challenging, but I should be ok. These things take time, that's all. An inconvenience too when you have so much going on.

Regarding the glass treatment, it is quite satisfying to see the water beading off, especially when you drive and not having to use the wipers. The beads just float away.
Did you also give the wiper blades a wipe over too ?
I like to clean the blades with some general purpose cleaner or wax and grease remover, then apply the product to the rubber and the leading edge. Do this after you've treated the glass, of course, so you don't contaminate the glass application. The final wipe of the rubbers will muck up the cloth a little unless you have a spare one just for this.

• Thanks 1

Yes mate we have our challenges in life to overcome, mine is slowly passing from my lungs daily I start to feel better with these latest anti biotics kicking in they are very strong so should not be long now until i feel human again, yours as you said have built up with life an so much happening my friend so allow that time and don't push yourself until your 100% again.

Yes the beading was lovely and the next day all the glass looked great, clean no water marks on any of it so very happy, yes mate i have 3 sets of blades so I rotate them and all get cleaned and have applied some of that treatment as well so when needing replacing they are in great condition and ready to go.

You take care of yourself mate

Robert

• 2 months later...

Getting ready for another road trip, so last weekend, the car got a wash and the bat/bird flyover presents removed.

I kept it quick and simple using Armor All Super Heavy Duty Wash. Afterwards, I did a quick drive around the block to blow off any excess water then a wipe down with a large microfibre cloth. 

For the windscreens and side glass, used Armor All Ultra Ceramic Glass Treatment & Cleaner. 

For the paintwork, used Armor All Ultra Ceramic Spray Coating.   

For the tyres which will be replaced after this road trip, I will most likely use Aerospace 303 Protectorant. 

Hope the road trip ahead is wonderful my friend, enjoy the open road and scenery around you in your travels.

I am glad your trying the Armor all Ultra Ceramic Glass product I love it so easy to use and the end results are great and will reaaply mine this weekend after "Faye" gets her wash and dry. I am trying out the TW Graphene Tyre shine right now and am keen to apply it this weekend as all the videos I have seen look great. Let us know how you find the Ceramic Spray for durability, I am still using the TW Graphene Flex Wax and am super happy with it.

Keep Safe On the Black Stuff Mate

Hugggss to you and yours

KAA

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 7:46 PM, KAA said:

Ok so as I love treating my beautiful 2009 Toyota Aurion Presara called "Faye" to lots of love and attention I have a question.

What do you use for your windscreen as far as a coatings? I have tried a few but am never 100% happy with the way it lasts or how the wipers react to the coatings and wiper chatter ends up forcing me to get rid of whatever I have tried.

So many have different opinions about using Ceramic or Graphene sprays, so unless they do as on the bottle I bypass them. I am very fussy with wanting a crystal clear windscreen and would like to hear what others have used and are super happy with. Some that I see available they want an arm a leg and your first born child price wise so something reasonable in price but does a fantastic job of making the wipers glide smoothly and that lasts is what i am after

Thanks all

KAA

After trailing some products, the one that I'm currently using and that I recommend based on performance and ease of use is:

"Chemical guys HydroView Glass Cleaner and Coating.

I did have issues at first, but these were resolved when I used a stand alone window cleaner first.

It works great, and lasts a long time (even with me applying it incorrectly compared to the YT video... which I viewed afterwards 🤷‍♂️😂).

Not quite as slick (rain drop movement) as say Rain X, but still very very good.

I personally have never had any chattering, though I don't know what wiper rubbers you use, and how they compare to the ones that I use.

I hope that this helps

Regards

Stephen

• Thanks 1