1ZZ Corolla Turbo Manifold Complete

I finished off MAP81's first turbo manifold today. This one's made from laser cut flanges and 40nb steam pipe. It uses a nice merge collector and high-mounts the turbo giving the option of running the cooler pipe above or below the engine (golf GTI style). I'm making another from 35NB steampipe to test the difference back to back with the same TD04L. The turbo flange still has to be ported out to match the collector, and it's ready to be ceramic coated.

The manifold design was drawn up in Solidworks, the flanges were drawn up in autocad and emailed to the laser cutting place.

post-18-1151135535.jpg

post-18-1151135663.jpg

post-18-1151135768.jpg

I finished off MAP81's first turbo manifold today. This one's made from laser cut flanges and 40nb steam pipe. It uses a nice merge collector and high-mounts the turbo giving the option of running the cooler pipe above or below the engine (golf GTI style). I'm making another from 35NB steampipe to test the difference back to back with the same TD04L. The turbo flange still has to be ported out to match the collector, and it's ready to be ceramic coated.

The manifold design was drawn up in Solidworks, the flanges were drawn up in autocad and emailed to the laser cutting place.

post-18-1151135535.jpg

post-18-1151135663.jpg

post-18-1151135768.jpg

Why has the computer image of the manifold have the far right pipe with a crease in it :P :P I'm guessing a performance mod or some new exciting design from the house of rollamods :lol::lol:

Looks good mate can't wait to see it ready to roll:)

I am able to make one, but I dont have a car to build the jig from, or a manifold flange to measure and draw up the turbo head flange. I also dont have time to pull apart someones car to do all that. We had 5 sets of 1ZZ flanges cut, so 5 1ZZ manifolds is all I'll be making before I do my 1J and 2J manifolds.

Hmmm i dunno, the purcell borthers may be good mechanics, but they are really bad ricers.

Give them a rice burner, a HSV comes out...

:P

just kdding jase, good work, even tho u like the occasional aniseed ring

Rollamods and MAP81, what a piece of work! It's art man :blink: Sportivo Killer :ph34r:

Where's the signature? * Purcell Motorsports stamped somewhere? B)

Great work boys, keep it up, i wanna see a Izzfe run 14s!!

Rollamods and MAP81, what a piece of work! It's art man :blink: Sportivo Killer :ph34r:

Where's the signature? * Purcell Motorsports stamped somewhere? B)

Great work boys, keep it up, i wanna see a Izzfe run 14s!!

Get it right Jules its "Purcell Performance" :P :lol:

• 6 months later...