Zeerolla. What are you doing with a photo of my Corolla?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi neil! good to see u here.

peoples u could all learn quite a lot of neil... pay attention to what he says.

oh and u should hear how his car sounds on the dyno... ear plugs compulsory :P

what other mods are you running cause 185hp is not alot considering its a ~2L engine......

I believe thats at the wheels mate .... considering its stock bar the stroker & ecu .... 136kw @ wheels is pretty good for a 2L isnt it ?

Plus considering is bumped up 2 a 2L i wonder wat thats done for torque and the power curve as 136 might be peak power but it might hold really high power earlier in the rev range .... 2 bad u can c that from peak power ......

Hi Neil!! :D sorry about your pic man, i was trying to do a bit of free publicity for your car man, and showing the guys the Stivo does live on the racetrack too! ;) Good work the car man, too bad i have sold my Stivo now, but the 2zzs are damn fantastic engines i have to agree.

what other mods are you running cause 185hp is not alot considering its a ~2L engine......

Great results Neil !!

Whats the good of too much power when u dont know how to use it...

get over it everyone else has......

Brian wasn't talking about you Northy. If anything he was talking about me. I tried racing him in my dad's GT40 but Brian beat me. I can't handle that car. I ended up torque spinning off the road. Brian just screamed past me. Then he came back and did a few reverse drifts around my car. He's such a smart a55. So talented though.

Anyway I think stroking has many advantages. Maybe Toyota will make a 2.0L version of the 2zz.

Hi Neil!! :D sorry about your pic man, i was trying to do a bit of free publicity for your car man, and showing the guys the Stivo does live on the racetrack too! ;) Good work the car man, too bad i have sold my Stivo now, but the 2zzs are damn fantastic engines i have to agree.

Oh btw Neil i will gladly take the pic off my avatar if u want me too :D :P

Zeerola,

I'll try to get you a photo of the Corolla crossing the line at Nurburgring.

That would be better.

I did the engine for the Ferrier Corolla, so I don't mind at all.

Neil

Congratulations Neil,

Shows how easy you can take a toyota out and have a ball at one of the best racetracks on the planet...... with the right preparations granted.

Also, a great show for the stroker kit, a decent hike in power, no extra weight,..... no extra bits hanging on, no more complexity. This sounds like THE mod to do - with intake, exhaust and a port & polish.

I was under the impression the stroker kit capped the redline at around 7,6-7,8K RPM.

If I can keep my 8k+ redline, i'm really interested in this... $$$$ to do, but in the end, not much more than F/I

and really is the better way to go.......if your looking for an easily driveable fast Rolla.

Go Trama Stivo '07!

I was under the impression that you could actually up the rev limit to 8600-9000 RPM with the stroker kit provided you used stronger rods, pistons, valves, springs etc.

Now THAT would be some good fun, I mean who is gonna say no to more Lift?

Great work Neil, my favourite car (well, favourite that I can afford) on the worlds most testing track, this is as good as it gets.

JC

Edit: Speeeeling is ficksed.

Edited by -JC-

• 1 month later...

Holly Quoakamoelie!!

Stroker Kit + Power FC = close to $10 000??? :o

How does that stack up against the DC2 Type R? or the Type S?

Is it really worth it?... :unsure:

It stacks up by giving them a run for their money and scaring the hell out of them haha.

Worth it? To be honest...not really when it comes to a road car. That's a lot of money :(

My mate has just spent $20,000 on his R32 Skyline (Which he paid $12,000 for) and the thing flies. It's an absolute horn mobile. Stating that, I guess that's where the comparison comes in...$20,000 into a car that is 'mod friendly' can get you insane results. Our cars are already pretty high strung :|

Go the turbo route on a 2zz and you'll easily sink 15k into it to make it strong and reliable. ;)

After all 10k is roughly the cost of a replacement stock 2zz from Toyota(hey Northy!!)