WHAT F*%!ING SERVICE!!??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell us the name of the dealer sunny!

Thanks for that replies guys!!! :) Now i'll give you a clue without dropping the name: "It is very very close to our meet spot"!!

But thats the thing guys!! I've heard alot of people saying that they are happy with their service so far; but sure its all working out (with no problems) but you really have to ask yourself have they really done what they have charged you for!?? I chose to take my car to get serviced at a genuine dealership 1) Because the car was new and it was under warranty (2) Cos i couldnt be stuffed doing it myself, on a weekend i'd rather drive my car not fix it (3) Hell it's TOYOTA they dont work on anything else but and they should know what they are doing!! :lol::lol: :P

I lost trust after ....

Toyota lost me ever going back their again when i had to explain to the mechanic there wat lift was and after i saw the look on his face when i mentioned 8000 rpm's ... this 2 me says u will never b touching my car again !!!!!

tell us the name of the dealer sunny!

Thanks for that replies guys!!! :) Now i'll give you a clue without dropping the name: "It is very very close to our meet spot"!!

But thats the thing guys!! I've heard alot of people saying that they are happy with their service so far; but sure its all working out (with no problems) but you really have to ask yourself have they really done what they have charged you for!?? I chose to take my car to get serviced at a genuine dealership 1) Because the car was new and it was under warranty (2) Cos i couldnt be stuffed doing it myself, on a weekend i'd rather drive my car not fix it (3) Hell it's TOYOTA they dont work on anything else but and they should know what they are doing!! :lol::lol: :P

WTFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

dats where i go to do my service. kkkkkkkuuuuuuufffff.....

hmmmmm next time i will mark my filter and other **** b4 i take it there and see at happens.....

fuk everytime im in there therse usually someone poor person complaning about what they didnt do to their car right and shiet...hmmm.... angry angry angry.....

A while ago I spoke to an ex motor mechanic friend that worked at a dealership many years ago and when he saw a customer mark the oil filter, he would get a rag and some turps and simply wipe it clean...

:lol:

Edited by Bit Racer

If you live in Melbourne Chadstone toyota are pretty good. I just had my 20,000K service for $180 and they washed and bacumed my car at no extra charge, I have also asked them to repair a few things under warranty and there has never been a problem.

my local toyota dealer is just as dodgy..... yeah they washed the car after it was there for warranty.... but they used a high pressure cleaner and broke all the clips on the back of my sportivo grill..... and left a big greasy **** print on my drivers seat....

and.... when i picked up the car, the stereo was soooo loud i was appaulled... i didnt put a 3K stereo in my car for toyota to listen to.

my car went back for warranty on the alternator... it was squealing.... the guy told me he was just going to repack the front bearing with some grease and i nearly decked him...

i am lucky that my other half is a mechanic and makes sure all my servicing is done on time and through his work shop so i still get my toyota warranty.... that was untill i had clocked up 130,000km's on my car.... :unsure:

• 1 month later...

g'day

here in brisbane, MOTORAMA toyota sucks. i had a problem w/ an oil leak which i suspect at first is a leaking oil cooler hose which i bought the part from them and replace it by myself. unfortunately the leaks persist and upon thorough evaluation i suspect it was coming from the upper oil pan or from the crankshaft seal.

i brought it to them and instructed them to fix that oil leak and as much as possible concentrate on the oil pan and crankshaft seal. i am ready to pay whatever cost it would take as long it would fix the problem. lo and behold when i pick it up they told me its the oil cooler hose and they drive it extensively to verify the problem. when i arrive home the oil leak is still there and called them back they will fix the problem again but i have to pay separately for that job. i told them if you look after that problem that i suspect immediately i don't have to pay additional $80 for just tightening the cooler hose and steam wash the engine and aside they just wasted my time.

instead bringing it back to motorama , i bring it to SOUTHSIDE toyota at woollongaaba. the service staff listen to the problem immediately w/out any question and it is fix, no dramas. now, every time i need parts i shun away from MOTORAMA and never will i buy my next car (i bought my 1st, 2nd) to them. even my friends have a negative feedback against them w/ regards to his TARAGO but that would be another story.

rey t (brisbane, qld)

Watch out for them lobbing in Wynns additives to the fresh oil, and "fuel conditioner" too....they ARE NOT Toyota products and may very well be a warranty issue if you have an engine failure, as Toyota very definately say they should never be used on a warrantied engine.

You dont get a say in it just look on your next Service invoice...Cannon Toyota and Harris Freer Toyota have both done this to me...

castle hill would be the best place

all me mates take their toyotas there

as do i

no problems so far they machined my breaks well....... after taking it to where i bought the car out in penrith for brake machining under warranty and they made it worse ...stupid buggas

If your in melbourne and past ur warranty bull$#!T that toyota gives =P

please try out chasers garage

dynon road west melbourne down the road from footscray toyboata dealership

they are great, they know their cars "especially cars with vtec or similar mechanisms".

standard service is $165 can go cheaper if your stingy on price but quality of products used is not as good.

motul oil

change filter

NGK sparks (iridiums will cost u extra *but ur car should be in tip top shape mechanically to get them in the first place )

top up all fluids

vehicle safety check

Thats cheap =P and its near the city about 5 minutes away

Thats wat i call service at a nice price with customer satisfaction

BigBum =P dont spew at the price buddy, i just found out myself ^^; and i didnt need to go to werribee toyota service centre LOL

If ur after gearbox oil change and brake fluid flush + tyres etc.... plz try

Bridgestone tyre & service centre down near my house =D corner of maribyrnong and rosamond

They are great guys who know their cars and know what to do, unlike toyboata. When i bring my cars from auctions to get them checked out, i always go to them. Last time i brought the type R there they didnt even charge me labour costs =P.

If ur after bearing change etc.. Dont take it to toyota bcoze they "DON'T" have the tools. Yes their mechanics have their own little sets like screw drivers and filter straps etc..to do basic services, but they dont have the tools to pull of ur bearings not only that to pull off ur axle *they will use a tube of steel and a hammer, which are not the right tools*.

Can one of the moderators plz make a sticky in "inside outside" page for a place to put up cheap and reliable places to get your car serviced. *suggesting*

Cheerz boys hope that helps a few melbournians out.

Anyone heard anything about Anthony smith Toyota in Coburg Melbourne? got my car through there and was offered the extended warranty if I get it serviced through them all the time. Feed back would be appreciated.

When I had my Stivo, I took it to Southside (simply because I bought the car there). The head mechanic there is an absolute *****. They wouldn't accept the fault with the gearbox and stupid noise you get when the clutch is out. He suggested that if I'm not happy with the car, I should just sell it, which I did thank ***. What does that tell you about their attitude towards customer service? My car wasn't aligned properly when I first got it and I had to take it to them twice because they couldn't even do a frigging wheel alignment properly in one go.

It sucks that they actually charge you for loan car as well. It's bad enough that their loan car is a crappy Camry which stinks like poo inside. My brother got his WRX serviced at City Subaru and they gave him a loan car free of charge and to my surprise it was a brand new Outback with only 3000km on the clock.

All I can say is that I'll never buy a Toyota or even go near a Toyota dealership ever in my life. It's the worst experience I've ever had.

Edited by coladuna

i really wish toyota is reading this thread so they can get their act together

I work for Chatswood Toyota as a mechanic...

Seen all good responses from us so far so I have nothing to worry about :) :) :) ...

Any others you could suggest us to visit plz? And yes, chatswood was not bad. But the parts & services are a bit pricy.

• 1 month later...

had my 3 year service done yesterday and it's running sweet as :)

Sydney City Toyoto at Waterloo, is quite good

Chatswood Toyota, Not bad

Terry Shields Toyota at Parramatta, real bad :angry:

Plz share.. who/where else is good. :lol:

Yea those idiots at Terry Shields Toyota put bloody RAV4 spark plugs in my mates 02 rolla... and some how managed to loosen the ignition lead which was the car to shake like a washing machine every morning.

Not to mention their salesmen @ Terry Shields are a bunch of pricks too.

Ive decided to take my car to a local mechanic who changed my brake pads for me.... he did a decent job on my mums Hyundai accent.

Lets see how he goes with my car (but that wont be till sept06)

Positives for the mechanic so far.

1. They do performance engines

2. A guy who lives in Dural and drives a handbuilt Shelby Cobra brings his car their to service - the mechanic is in Campsie

3. He's got his own dyno.

4. He charged me $45 to change brake pads (i supplied them myself) Dont know if thats cheap or expensive, but it was cheaper than most places i got quoted... yea i know that its "easy" to do it yourself, but i have nfi how to change my pads and im lazy :P

Mate i managed to have a good sales man although he promised me these things and didnt deliver but overall he was ok .... thats prob how they suck us in man .... like they get good sales men and den when it comes to a service they give u the crappiest service ever ....

Man i hate TERRY SHIELDS PARRAMATTA with a passion .... man they jus make me wanna sell me car so i dont have to go back ....

g'day,

hey rolla boy, i think we have the same corolla ae112 (i suppose looking at the picture). as a mechanic, is the car OBD II compliant. if it is ,where can i locate the connector.

tanx

Not that I know of man... Mine's the 99 model with the terminal plugs in the engine bay...

I think it may only be compadible with Version One...

Combined over 500,000km driving on our two Toyotas (1 AE102, 1 SXV10R), all serviced every 10,000km at Newcastle Toyota, and never ever had a problem with them. In several circumstances they've even fixed minor problems for us in the carpark, for free (such as when the alternator mounting bolts were loose and the belt was slipping) even when it wasn't a problem that they'd misdiagnosed or missed in the first place (alternator problem was 6000k after the previous service). On first name basis with service manager and most of the staff, purely from buying one car there and getting two serviced there, and we know that if ever there's a problem with any of the work that heads would roll.

Would definitely recommend them, but on the flipside stay away from Charlestown and Cardiff Toyota, dodgy stuff goes on there (especially in the sales department, stories of people going for test drives and being refused their own keys back when they said they didn't want to buy the car)

Gee after reading all this I am more than a little concerned about where to get the tivo serviced when it hits 20,000KM, Since I'm at hurstville in sydney, I think I may lean towards Sydney City, from what i have at least read so far, its a bit out of the way but i can deal with that, now, unless someone can suggest somewhere closer, Ferguson Toyota at hurstville is closet to me but I have no idea what there workshop is like.

It s**t's me something chronic when you cannot trust someplace to a good job especially when its invloved in keeping your car within warranty and so on, and on top of that listen to what you have say and what you want done.

I have not had the car serviced yet since I picked up last thursday/fri as it has just had the 10,000 service completed on it, I have already added 1100km on the clock already. (a lot of that was the drive back from melbourne)

anyhow I'll watch this thread further and make a decision when the time comes.

Edited by silver_stivo