WHAT F*%!ING SERVICE!!??

Just to let you guys know that my car recently went in for its 80,000km service (This was done with my friends) because i gave up on Genuine TOYOTA servicing after the 40,000km service; but due to the fact that the car was still under the 3 years new car warranty i took it for its 60,000km service with a TOYOTA dealership (wont be mentioned yet)..... Basically i change my oil every 5,000km and take it to my mates for anything else like any more involved servicing as i dont have the equipment, but the thing that has pi553d me off is that my transmission fluid was meant to be changed at the 60,000km, i was charged for it and it of course was'nt done!!! <_< We drained the fluid out and it was the ABSOLUTE BLACKEST fluid any of us have ever seen out of a new car YET!!! I will be paying them a visit on the weekend the dirty Cun75!! To add to it my car has been playing up as well this was due to them snapping a wire on the air-flow metre!!!! They alos stuffed up when we put markings on filters and wiper blades they were'nt changed and i was charged but when i caught this one dealership out they credited me on this and offered me free services; but as if im going to go back to them after i've caught them out!!

TOYOTA SERVICE CENTRES ARE FU*KED!!!!! I think its time to go back to TAFE!!!

Edited by "RuNx"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoo boy, being a proud Sportivo owner of 7 months, what am I in for.....

Maybe we could make a list of good Toyota Service Centres (along with the bad) so people can vote with their feet rather than go in cold turkey not knowing what the level of service is like. Also Toyota may see this list and look at the Service Centre's getting the most complaints and actually do something about it (pigs might fly hehe) :D

So far I have had the 5K service at Chatswood Toyota Service Centre (Artarmon) and 10K service at Pennant Hills Toyota (both in Sydney). No problems as yet (touch wood ;) )

snakes

most toyota service centres dont have the right equipment.

my grandfather and my father use to work for them, then they opened up their own garage

Basically all the workers go in there and steal all the tools and equipment.

Ill never service there thats for certain. I do most of my stuff at home,

if anybody cant or doesnt know how to do services from home, just take it to your local mechanic that you are fond of bcoze toyota, dont trust em, if they dont have the right tools theyll just skip the step.

And if u have a honda.... ***..... the stuff iv heard from honda service centres.... sheeessss..... (no comment)

Edited by Mello

all the tech's at genuine toyota dealership service centers have their own personal toolchests with their own tools which they purchase themselves. I'm sure heads would role if anything was stolen from any of the guys.

had my 3 year service done yesterday and it's running sweet as :)

Sydney City Toyoto at Waterloo, is quite good

Chatswood Toyota, Not bad

Terry Shields Toyota at Parramatta, real bad :angry:

Plz share.. who/where else is good. :lol:

it was a few yrs ago... we took our car to midas or something like that.....

we had a full service..... after a few months our car's braking stuff.. (dunno wts it called) got overheated or something.. and it cost about 1k to replace it

Y this happened? bcoz the brake fluid was empty. The container had the stain marks on full line. they just checked outside and thought it was full... but actually it has been empty for a long time...

and we also had to change the coolant thing as well... same fukin issue...

lesson.. we never took our cars to these place for service ever again!!

mine get serviced by sam at ASAP mobile mechs dosnt void waranty and is very very good, he's been working on all my cars for years and comes to you, his number is 0410633363 tell him your a mate of peter with the black sportivo.

had my 3 year service done yesterday and it's running sweet as :)

Sydney City Toyoto at Waterloo, is quite good

Chatswood Toyota, Not bad

Terry Shields Toyota at Parramatta, real bad :angry:

Plz share.. who/where else is good. :lol:

Yea those idiots at Terry Shields Toyota put bloody RAV4 spark plugs in my mates 02 rolla... and some how managed to loosen the ignition lead which was the car to shake like a washing machine every morning.

Not to mention their salesmen @ Terry Shields are a bunch of pricks too.

Ive decided to take my car to a local mechanic who changed my brake pads for me.... he did a decent job on my mums Hyundai accent.

Lets see how he goes with my car (but that wont be till sept06)

Positives for the mechanic so far.

1. They do performance engines

2. A guy who lives in Dural and drives a handbuilt Shelby Cobra brings his car their to service - the mechanic is in Campsie

3. He's got his own dyno.

4. He charged me $45 to change brake pads (i supplied them myself) Dont know if thats cheap or expensive, but it was cheaper than most places i got quoted... yea i know that its "easy" to do it yourself, but i have nfi how to change my pads and im lazy :P

Edited by neK

I lost trust after the 1000km service then at the 10,000km service i gave up on them...... biggest time waters and bs artisits ever..... as i have posted last year, they will put a standard corolla oil filter which is 15mm shorter on the stivo, and according to toyota head office, this is not on, couild lead to warranty issues.

I take mine to a father and son large automotive chain (begins with M and the do mufflers too) and its runs sweet as.... never skips a beat, but they cant get rid of the hard to shift gearbox to reverse problem until i replace the clutch (hes done the same to 2zz celica).

man i feel ur pain ill never take my car to a dealerships service department...i had a guy from north sydney toyota to have a look at my car to change my lift bolts and he seemed scared to do it and was scared to do the job so he told me to go to terry shields toyota, i ended up getting a mechanic i kno to change my lift bolts with no problems at all.

with my 01 astra my abs light kept coming on and i took it to holden about 6 times and they kept saying that theres nothing wrong with it and they couldnt get the abs light to come on, so i drove home from the service department and guess what? the stupid light came on, so i made sure i drove back to holden and showed them...they said it was the left hand abs sensor and i that i had to rebook my car in again for them to fix it, i rebooked it and they had my car for a whole day and when i picked up the car they said there was nothing wrong with the sensor...man i was so ******!

also when i bought my celica from a mazda dealer in the agreement was to change the timing belt (i didnt know we have timing chains) and that they would replace the spark plugs and use a engine oil filter and use castrol magnatec oil, after i got my car back i asked the dealer if everything was done and that ***** said "yes" i found out our cars dont have timing belts and they didnt replace the spark plugs they didnt use a genuine oil filter and they used a valvoline multi purpose oil 15w 50 oil in my car

The dealer told me the car comes with 3 yrs warranty but they have to do the service at $220 so i told him where to stick the warranty

btw sorry about the long post...i get all heated about dealerships and there stupid warranty they offer and id like to say the holden dealerships that i dealt with is at blacktown and arndell park and the mazda dealer was at blacktown

My car went to Lakemba toyota for service for the first 1k service. Took it there the second time for 5K and they did fix the noise from the gear selector cables but I'm sure they also changed my gear knob to a dodgey one, because the plastic part with the gear numbers on it didn't sit flush with the vinyl and grabbing the gear know to do a gear change was just uncomfortable. I called them to arrange for the ecu recall and they were going to call me back when they got the parts in for it. It's been 1.5 years now, and I'm still waiting for that phone call...LOL

Called Sydney City Toyota Camperdown to arrange for the ecu recall, they were able to source the parts within a 2 days, did my clutch adjustment, and replace my gear knob. Customer service here is miles ahead of Lakemba but I've had some issues as well. I had a faulty head rest which wasn't adjustable, which they fixed under warranty, however when the mechanic took the entire car seat out they accidently left two deep 15 cm scratches in the interior plastic door trim just below the window. They were quick to fix the problem and ended up replacing it. My 20k service with them resulted in my airbox not being clipped back into place. :angry: I'll still take it to them for my 30K service but only because it's my last service before my 3 years warranty is up by november this year.

After that, I think I will be trying this place... http://www.tunehouse.com.au/index.html as it's close by.

I have also lost some trust in toyotas service department. Although its not related to my corolla its a starlet which i had bought only 5 months ago as a second car. I had a routine service done on the car an now they tell me the rear main seal is gone and my waterpump is leaking....

The car has a warranty but it doesnt mean anything none of this is covered an they want to charge me $850 for doing the repair!!!!

So i dont think i will ever go back to midland toyota for servicing, and ill never buy a used car off them :angry:

I have also lost some trust in toyotas service department. Although its not related to my corolla its a starlet which i had bought only 5 months ago as a second car. I had a routine service done on the car an now they tell me the rear main seal is gone and my waterpump is leaking....

The car has a warranty but it doesnt mean anything none of this is covered an they want to charge me $850 for doing the repair!!!!

So i dont think i will ever go back to midland toyota for servicing, and ill never buy a used car off them :angry:

Would you prefer if they didn't identify the leaking rear main seal and failing waterpump? Then you sieze the whole motor a month down the track?

No i have no problem with them finding these faults for me im just ****** off that they sold the car with these issues but tried to cover them up....