New Club Lounge lacks feel

negatron

WOw, the new club lounge has absolutely no feel of the old "general discussions" page...

could it be coz the posts don't count anymore?

You whorers suck!

and damn u mods for killing the count!

*rant*

hehehe.................. :lol:

i must admit that the new lounge has a different feel about it.............and no 1 mod had anything to do with it, it was a decision made by steve due to all the complaints made by non silver members about the ppl who post a lot.

a post count should reflect a persons worth to the forum community. Games and such dont reflect that (Although they are fun and bring in a majority of new members and make them feel more comfortable) thats why they are only counted now in the more serious issues on the forum.

I will take this opportunity as well to help promote silver membership. This is a great club and many ppl have over there time on here found lots of useful information which is priceless..............but putting $40 toward showing ur suppport dont cost much for a lifetime membership.

the end of my rant.......:D

from mish......:D

Yeah dont worry it has nothing to do with the Mods.

ITS ALL STEVE! In my opinion he is handling this all wrong.

Peoples main comnplaint was people whoring in proper threads. So what does he do? Oooohhhh noooooo lets stop post count in a totaly unrelated section.

He/mods should go to the source of the issue and delete posts or warn people to keep the post on topic. Its not that hard a friendly remeinder would be all that it needs. Lets just remove post counts in General disscusion threads and hope that works. WHAT THA?! YAY lets have forum participation down! YAY!

The whoring problem is in proper threads not like these. gg Steve!

well its hard to handle a situation like this... no matter what you do, its going to have a positive and negative influence, depending on who's perspective you look at...

from the whorers perspective: we've been shoved into a corner by a bunch of whinging b!tches who will take take take from this club, but refuse to support it, and then think they have a right to whinge about it...

from the "serious" member's perspective: whoring has basically stopped now, and everything that comes through the forum is now "information"

way to go everyone... we have a dead forum of people who have the sh!ts with everyone else...

No Doubt it lacks feel, we brought the life into these forums!!

Ha now look at it!!

Big Bum the people who complained should be the one's to get over it!! :rolleyes:

We did not cause any death we just made the fourms active!!

Hope ur happy now :ph34r:

Althought i dont know why post counts were stoppped !?

when did this forum die? it always been working for me :lol: awesome forum by the way i luv it. say no to whores hahaha ;)

for all those who love the forum please show ur support buy buying silver membership...:P

thats how one shows their support.......:D

For those of you who are not happy about other members whinging about your "whoring" this is the whole reason that the Club Lounge has been created so that you can chat and chat and chat in here as much as you like.

I personally don't have a beef with it unless there is a thread that gets hijacked by 2 or 3 members starting their own conversation mid topic and going for a page or so which has happened on occasions.

This is where the complaints have come from to my knowledge and the moderators have been lobbying for the club lounge to be made for a long time and now that its here you don't want to use it??

If you have a comment to be made in a thread please by all means make it but if you just want to chat to your fellow TOCAU pals about something then this is where it'll happen.

The club lounge is what you make it guys/gals. It's here for you to use so enjoy!!

man.. is this thread a joke or something??

I dont get it... so people are not gonna post purely because there post count doesnt rise in the club lounge??

OH84BY had a good point.. it should build a better community.

I suggest those who dislike it actually take a few minutes to think about it... what has actually changed... Not alot.. general discussions was simply renamed... an post counts turned off.. thats it.

thats why i keep thinking is this a joke thread?

whats so important about posts count on a general chit chat forum anyway???

Is this post count like an e-sinep thing??? ie mine is bigger than yours so im better?? :blink:

Edited by neK

Im trying to figure out what's so dead about the forum.

I logged on at about 4.20pm and had a read, I have come back at 6pm, and there is more than a page of new posts. Hardly dead if you ask me.

JC

Damn, Steve beat me to my thoughts.

As mentioned, all that has changed is Toyota/Car related threads for general chat have been removed to their own area and post counts turned off.

I agree, this appears to be the only reason why people are cracking the poops. The same threads are here that you guys have been whoring, like 3 Word Story and King of the Hill etc, so whats the problem????

You guys just need to wake the hell up and get a life if you think for one minute that these boards lack feel cause your precious post counts have been restricted.

Then again, if you need to spend so much time on the forums looking for 'feel' then maybe you aren't as dedicated to your Toyota's as you make out you are.

Get a life.....!!!!

Edited by Azza

i cant belive some of the crap thats in this thread, it disaponts me that people get on here and bitch cause there post counts are not going up because of the amount of crap that they post.