choose a right offset 17"rims without touch the guard

jeff6988

i have a 03 sportivo which using the 16' factory rim, i am planning to upgrade to 17' aftermarket rims, but i

had superlow kings spring with koni shocks (about 50mm dropped ) , does anyone know what offset of the

rims i should pick without scraping the guard at all and touch the inner suspension by using 215/45/17 , i

dont want to lip the guard cause it will get rust soon and crack the paint, any idea ? thanks

an offset of +45 should do the trick :)

u might get away with +43 or +44 tho

but +45 would be ur best bet for the 215/45r17 tyres

wouldn't a lower offset be better? thats how i understodd it lower offset would mean the outside edge of the rim is closer to the middle if the car....i would not going any lower then +43 cause then you will have scrubbing issues on the inside of the guards on the front in particular. just be carefull cause the lower the offset the closer the spokes will be to the brake calipers so it depends on the rims.

+45 is the right offset, trying to find a +43 rim is a waste of time as you get more variance than 2mm depending on the tyre you select. (yes, some 215 tyres can me much wider than other 215 tyres...)

Stockies being 16x6, +45...

If you were changing to 17x7, wouldn't you be looking at getting a lower offset?

right. most people buy wheels with what they see and like and not by the offset. generally the fwd offset and most factories produce 7" width to around +42 will be fine for your application they do this number because it would suit most fwd applications except for the really high offset fwd. unless you are getting brand name jap wheels where they offer you a range of offsets for the same wheel you can use this www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp to see the changes you wont touch the strut unless you fit a very high offset like 60+

Sorry, I am a noob :P Question here, How much you can low your car if you have 42+ offset 17" wheel?

offset is how the wheels stick in or out from the hub. 17" inch wheel doesnt matter but the width counts and what tyre you have on it.

Thanks... Very useful stuff~~~ :)

I have 18s with 225 wide tyres riding on whiteline control springs. No rubbing or scrubing at all ever. So i dont think you have to worry. Just get a 35 or 40 profile, 45 is too much. The tyre shop should get the offset right for you.

BanGn Posted Today, 03:29 PM

would 225/45/17 rub with my ride height?

u being serious bro? :unsure:

with the height ur car is atm, of cos ur car's gonna rub bro with those profile of tyres

dats hektic yO...

i rub on 205/50/16 with my height <_<

Oh my ***, that sounded sweeeeet!!! :D

consult the RAYS catalogue. That will give you the perfect offset for your car. If your car is low and its scrubbing well then you dont have the right offset, rid with or tyre width.

• 1 month later...
BanGn Posted Today, 03:29 PM

would 225/45/17 rub with my ride height?

u being serious bro? :unsure:

with the height ur car is atm, of cos ur car's gonna rub bro with those profile of tyres

dats hektic yO...

i rub on 205/50/16 with my height <_<

You must run seriously low man because I've had no scrubbing what so ever with my 205/50 R16s with a 620mm guard height (1.5 fingers) even at the track.

• 3 months later...

i want to know if i will have any rubbing issues with the tyres 205/45/17 offset is +42.

i am on king springs superlows. the rubbing issues i am concerned about is most probably under full load .. like 4 or 5 passengers in the car on superlows n 205/45.

i am currently on 205/40 with no issues ... i am aware of the speedo inaccuracy

thanks