How to DIY install extractors on 2zz?

I think the bit that Greg is failing to realise is that he had one reading with the CES Exhaust and TRD intake, and had the same reading with a CES Intake. This means that the CES intake is giving the same increase in perforance as the TRD intake. Still better than stock.

Like all products, some will work better on some cars and some won't.

I was there Greg, when Trevor invited you to go back to the workshop and troubleshoot and see what can be done...

Have you been.......

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heathcote is a long track with plenty of braking room (I believe it has a much longer overall length than Calder) Why would they make it shorter? I'm not so sure of the downhill gradient, but to the eye it looks very flat.

Who is the source of this information?

Edited by VVTLiR

Heathcote is a long track with plenty of braking room (I believe it has a much longer overall length than Calder) Why would they make it shorter? I'm not so sure of the downhill gradient, but to the eye it looks very flat.

I was under the impression ANDRA hasn't sanctioned this track because of its shortfall in distance by around 15m

I couldnt find it on their website. I thought ANDRA was one of those associations you had to pay a membership to be a part of it. Its not like an official regulator. They have no 1/4 mile tracks in VIC and you'd think Calder would be in there if ANDRA actually meant anything.

As far as I understand ANDRA hire out heatcote for their drag racing sanctioned meetings, but the track is not actually sanctioned as in banned.

This is what I came up woth so far:

http://www.fullboost.com.au/news.php?newsId=1076

http://www.ballaratdrags.com/forms/2005041...%20heathcote%22

http://www.dragster.com.au/modules/newbb/v...50c9208afdc555b

http://www.dragster.com.au/modules/newbb/v...1b18d59229e9407

Please prove me wrong I really want to get to the bottom of this. It would just be nice to have some truth and evidence.

Edited by VVTLiR

I was under the impression ANDRA hasn't sanctioned this track because of its shortfall in distance by around 15m

it also has a downhill gradient that also means it cant be ANDRA Sanctioned.

it also has a downhill gradient that also means it cant be ANDRA Sanctioned.

The following document contradicts your above statement. It says fully sanctioned by ANDRA

http://www.ballaratdrags.com/forms/2005041...%20heathcote%22

Can some1 please provide some evidence, not hearsay.

this one too

http://www.fullboost.com.au/content/news/2...08_vdrc_01b.jpg

Edited by VVTLiR

man this is so hilarious ..... a joke i had between brian and i has turned into an international drag racing governing body scandal on the ATOC forum ..... hahahahahahah

ok guys to set the record straight i was taking the p.i.s.s out of brian when i stated the track was down hill and shorter ....

if the track isnt recognised for some other reason then so be it .... but as brian knows i am always going to have a dig ;) ;) ;) ..... all's fair in competition ;) ;)

n.b. All that i have said above was done under duress and i still say the track is shorter and has a down hill gradient :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

man this is so hilarious ..... a joke i had between brian and i has turned into an international drag racing governing body scandal on the ATOC forum ..... hahahahahahah

ok guys to set the record straight i was taking the p.i.s.s out of brian when i stated the track was down hill and shorter ....

if the track isnt recognised for some other reason then so be it .... but as brian knows i am always going to have a dig ;) ;) ;) ..... all's fair in competition ;) ;)

n.b. All that i have said above was done under duress and i still say the track is shorter and has a down hill gradient :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for setting the record straight XOOM.

So it seems that Heathcote is still reputable as drag racing track, with a correct quarter mile length and gradient, which is used for ANDRA sanctioned events.

Brian made 124kw wheels? WOW, now that's some power i tell u that!

Hey Brian, pm me on what u got under the bonnet.

u need to ask purcell performance for that :P

whine whine whine whine.. whats that terribly strange noise... i like i like

dont take everything too seriously northy.. they mite be joking LOL

Edited by BanGn

I think the bit that Greg is failing to realise is that he had one reading with the CES Exhaust and TRD intake, and had the same reading with a CES Intake. This means that the CES intake is giving the same increase in perforance as the TRD intake. Still better than stock.

i think what azza is failing to understand is that i achieved 117kw without any ces exhaust.. and only a TRD INTAKE.... the rest of the car was stock as a rock .... and i now have the same figure with 2 mods... please by all means azza work this one out for me...

If you didnt do the dyno runs the same day then u cannot compare at all.

The dyno is a tuning tool. You can go ther etoday and pull 127kws and tomorrow with same dyno same temprature pull less.

Just how they strap the car down effects the output figure.

The best way to of measured the difference is to have run it down the quarter and then did the mods and run it again.

See what trap speed and time you get. They will give you a mroe accurate reading of how much your mods have changed.

Hope this helps. Ask Dylan (Blue_Stivo) he did what u did and between mods he lost power. But we knwo he didnt in reality.

Bill

I thought Brendan mentioned something about CES's bosch dyno being pretty consistant because there's SFA that can be adjusted on it?

Isn't that how they measured the gains on their products?

Brian made 124kw wheels? WOW, now that's some power i tell u that!

Hey Brian, pm me on what u got under the bonnet.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: mate u really are a s.h.i.t stir arent u danz

thats all fare and fine... but if you look at a dyno plot and it looks like you could ride the rollercoaster on it.. then you scratch your head

:blink:

Roller coaster ride? Show us the dyno mate!

i'll see if i can scan and put up later..

cheers

Greg