Clutch help....please

From my research the flywheel will be a pain in the a55 unless you have the neccessary mods done on the motor to match it. ie: on a stock setup your revs will rise and drop too much with a trd flywheel, even more with a fidanza. It'll be a pain in the butt. I myself am just going excedy HD clutch and maybe a short shifter. All I need fixed is the shifts, as I want them to be smoother, esp. from 1st to second. The new clutch and better gearbox oil should help that considerably. Zeerolla noticed a huge difference straight away when he installed his Excedy when he had the tivo.

Go clutch and flywheel, power and speed always costs practicality.

I've got a really fantastic place that does exedy clutches, they've done my car as well as about 10 freind's cars. I'll PM you the address now.

Go for the exedy sport organic over the heavy duty, heaps of clamping pressure and nice and bitey! It should take a fair bit off your 1/4 mile and 0-100 times when you learn to shift to compensate for the new differences.

no clutch or flywheel ;)

no flywheel with you either brian lol

Btw we seriously have no need for a flywheel imo.

Bill is the only one on here I think that would really benefit from one. The 2zz block is stock (I think?) that's about it when it comes to his motor. He'd yield better results from having it. I thought the flywheel/clutch combo was the way to go but I did some research, mostly with the US XRS and Celica crew. Found there wasn't much point to it at all if all I had was a CAI and a catback w. ported headers etc. That's just my opinion though. Not having a dig and calling people bolt-on hero's or anything lol.

hey guys thanks for the hel still undecided yet thou... gotta get one soo ar44 thanks for the info will give em a call 4 sure prob heading towards exedy clutch and unsure if i will get a fly wheel yet but if i need 1 i will get 1 while im there..... any ideas on prices guys?? :D

Kyle

I've got a really fantastic place that does exedy clutches, they've done my car as well as about 10 freind's cars. I'll PM you the address now.

post it in here for all to see! ;)

i''d be interested too.. for future refrence (price also if possible?)

Hey all just to let u guys know that SBC at St Marys quoted me $650 installed for a HD EXEDY clutch thats with the clean up of the fly wheel and all labour..... i think thats alright what do u guys think??

Kyle :P

That's a pretty good price installed, it's a few hours labour to install it. Clutch kit is about $200-250 trade and $30-40 to surface the flywheel.

Hey all just to let u guys know that SBC at St Marys quoted me $650 installed for a HD EXEDY clutch thats with the clean up of the fly wheel and all labour..... i think thats alright what do u guys think??

Kyle :P

That's a pretty good price installed, it's a few hours labour to install it. Clutch kit is about $200-250 trade and $30-40 to surface the flywheel.

yeh guys i didnt think it was that bad and quoted 4hrs labour any any other parts needed.... prob will get it done soonish