My TRD install

dibba

Hi Guys,

well ive decided to go with the TRD CAI. Recvd it yesterday from the states, (off ebay)

I have searched this forum till my head started to thump like a 12inch subbie... :blink:

Ive got a 03 Levin, with foggies, and im just curious as to the space between the foggie and the filter I knw theres heaps mentioned about it, but i think its mainly directed at Sportivos. Should i go out and buy a new filter prior to pulling the car apart, or just chance it?

Thanks guys!

ahh ok guys, so facelift=problems... its just going to be tight aye, oh well...nothing a little persuasion wont fix :)

Picked it up from Conicelli Toyota on ebay, total was $400 aud incl shipping. wasnt bad, just slack communications with the buyer. took a little time, but made it through. The instructions look quite daunting now that i look at em, more so with all the connections etc... hope i get it right...

I got mine from the same shop thanks to specialized32's previous thread. :)

The filter will fit with a little push and shove from underneath where you remove the splash guard, just make sure you have someone up top to direct it onto the red pipe.

if what you mean by splashguard as the pvc plastic underneath the front bar the levin 2003 manual does not have this part you can get under the car and touch the radiator. not sure about the auto.

No need to remove the wheel.

You might want to get some single sided adhesive foam tape from Jaycar as well to cushion the areas where the red pipe/brackets rubs against the chassis, air con pipes and wires from the fuse box.

didnt bother with instructions :ph34r: read the one on the 9thgen forums then away i went. Its pretty straight forward. Just remove the black plastic guards under the car, battery (optional) and away you go no need to remove tyres or bumpers. Run into trouble Im sure a vic member can help you out (notice your from Melbourne)

thanks guys! im going to give it a shot tonight, hopefully go's to plan otherwise il train it to work...LoL

cant find a thread on 9thGen...had a look around, must be in hiding..

yeah from melbourne, tullamarine....not many rollas getting around there

Hi Guys,

well....i got stuck into it last night, and completed it. Pretty wrapped, just dunno if its 100% correct or not. Had to remove that white bottle like reserve, that gave me a headache. Very tight fit with the TRD filter, but it does fit.. :)

I didnt have to change any of the vacuum piping at all? And the small outlet on the cai i just blocked off? Does this sound right?

Started her up, hissed like a python for a little while, but quitened down shortly after that. Another problem that i found was the i cant fit the battery brace back the way it was, is this because of the airbox has gone?

Pics will come along shortly....

Dibbba