Rear sway needed with coilovers

JAZE55

I'm leaving the 'aftermarket' rear swaybar out and sticking with the stock one. I've noticed that the car oversteers probably a little too much with coilovers + front strut + rear sway. So much in fact that if it's pushed too hard the tail flips out :S

I agree totally with Brian and Mario... The rear sway bar made a HUGE difference. I installed it after the coilovers and strut brace too and the difference was very noticable.

Jase I can give you a ride in my car on the weekend if you are coming along as yours has the same suspension mods as mine anyway.

I agree totally with Brian and Mario... The rear sway bar made a HUGE difference. I installed it after the coilovers and strut brace too and the difference was very noticable.

Jase I can give you a ride in my car on the weekend if you are coming along as yours has the same suspension mods as mine anyway.

Thnx alot Bangn and blue_stivo, Ill trust your word on it, you both are the fastest stivos :P :P

I would love to come to this meet but I have work at night on sunday, then next day starting my uni vacation job. Bad timing :( :( .

Ill def put in my schedule to meet in the next monthly meet. Want to see some sexy stivos

I'm leaving the 'aftermarket' rear swaybar out and sticking with the stock one. I've noticed that the car oversteers probably a little too much with coilovers + front strut + rear sway. So much in fact that if it's pushed too hard the tail flips out :S

Really you have that much oversteer. Would you mind me asking what settings you are running on your coilovers? I asked blue_stivo a while back and he was running 10 front and 12 rear. ATM im running 6 front and 9 rear.

What is everyone else running with their coilovers??? May help others out alot so dont waste time experimenting.

you dont even have the coilovers in to say that nor experienced it. We know coz Dylan and I have ;)

you dont even have the coilovers in to say that nor experienced it. We know coz Dylan and I have ;)

I wasn't the one that had the coilovers in man. I was in someone elses sportivo.

Before i had my front sway bar installed, i had just my coilovers and rear sway bar and that combination was excellent (only gotten better with the front sway bar). The rear sway bar definately stiffens the car up, however in my experiences it has lead to some slight oversteer under heavy acceleration, whilst cornering.

I dont think you will regret buying it, either way if your not happy with it im sure someone on this forum will snap it up!

Edited by ar44

I'd say it all depends on the car. On my car, it did make a difference on a 1" lower. I will not be adding a Strut Brace because for my car, the RSB makes it good. :)

• 4 weeks later...

hey thats good people will think its rwd then, street cred lol