Squashed Ferrari

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21...5007222,00.html

See article for pic :)

Ferrari gets unwanted nose jobAndrew Chubb

December 18, 2006 01:00pm

Article from: Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

IT'S a heart-breaking sight for car enthusiasts. This near-new Ferrari received an unwanted nose job when it ploughed into a traffic light in South Perth on Sunday.

Witnesses said the driver revved the Italian stallion at the lights next to the Windsor Hotel, at the intersection of Mends Street and Mill Point Rd, dropped the clutch and burned off around the corner – but humiliatingly lost control and slammed into the pole around 7pm.

Windsor manager Brian Hopley said the man appeared to be trying to impress bystanders in front of the packed hotel.

“He was waving at everyone in his new Ferrari, revving his engine up and making a big scene and he took off with a screech of rubber and went straight into the traffic light pole,” he said.

Another witness, a Windsor patron who wished to remain anonymous, said the driver tried to run from the scene but was pursued by security staff and patrons tackled by hotel security staff and handed to police.

“I just saw him run and a few of us gave chase,” he said.

"(The security staff) just chased him down and tackled him in the Windsor’s car park.”

Mr Hopley said he was astonished by how quickly pictures of the incident were circulated.

“I came to work this morning and got it off one of my staff members. I sent them to my wife, and she’d already received it from her daughter two minutes before,” he said.

“It was a nasty waste of a brand new car, but the guy was an idiot … much to the amusement of our patrons.

“It’s a funny story – nobody actually got hurt. “He got his just desserts I think.”

Oww man such a waste, funny thing is the driver tried to run away but got chased by security LOL, the article didn't say that the car was stolen though.

“He was waving at everyone in his new Ferrari, revving his engine up and making a big scene and he took off with a screech of rubber and went straight into the traffic light pole,” he said.

Owned :clap: What a *****, would be funnier if it belonged to his dad.

it was for sale and he was drunk............

More Information can be found at http://www.3fl.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13936. "Car was not his - borrowed form Barbagallo's. (Major luxury car dealer in Perth) Guy blew 0.244 - had been having a session at the Windsor, decided to show off, Went to peel out left from the traffic lights onto Mill Point Rd pulling the finger at all the guys in the pub checking out the car, and understeered straight into the pole when traction control kicked in. Guy sitting in the Ferrari in the first photo of the crash, with his arm on the window sill, was the tow-truck driver." The actual car was for sale at Barbagallo:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:mL83rl...t=clnk&cd=1

Posted by: Jonathon of Thornlie, Perth 12:23pm today

At least it was a cheap Ferarri, so not too too big of a loss. :)

it;ll only take him about 15 yrs to pay it off :D

:P Pics I MYSELF have taken this year. :)

Yes, I'm a Photo Whore!

Picture3878.jpg

Picture3881.jpg

Picture3168.jpg

Picture2084.jpg

Picture1981.jpg

Picture1951.jpg

Picture1950.jpg

Picture1949.jpg

Picture382.jpg

Picture120.jpg

Picture469.jpg

Picture431.jpg

Ferraris the only way to go!!!

Get a ride in a Porsche. :ph34r: May change ur mind, ahha. I'm a Porsche and Toyota lover.

And a couple weeks back, a Porsche Carerra GT not too far from me had a similiar accident to that Ferarri. Hit Telephone pole and totaled the damn car. :(

Get a ride in a Porsche. :ph34r: May change ur mind, ahha. I'm a Porsche and Toyota lover.

And a couple weeks back, a Porsche Carerra GT not too far from me had a similiar accident to that Ferarri. Hit Telephone pole and totaled the damn car. :(

Has everyone seen the one where the Porsche had a bird go through the windscreen at high speed? Classic

id rather buy a house

id rather buy a house

Two houses?