Sportivo v. Levin

2nd hand Sportivo or brand new Levin  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ask any toyota dealer which car they get back with more problems?? the 2zz for 1zz. There are hundreds of thouands more 1zz's on the road but they get mor eissues with the stivo and celica 2zz's

Once a car has had a recall anyway no matter what the recall is, it puts the resale value down.

um..................... hate to burst your bubble but the 1ZZ had recalls as well... so they sportivo is still worth more

ask any toyota dealer which car they get back with more problems?? the 2zz for 1zz. There are hundreds of thouands more 1zz's on the road but they get mor eissues with the stivo and celica 2zz's

Once a car has had a recall anyway no matter what the recall is, it puts the resale value down.

um..................... hate to burst your bubble but the 1ZZ had recalls as well... so they sportivo is still worth more

yeah i seem to remember helping u take your car in for a recall jimmy

what exhaust did u get pete?

similar to what i had on the levin but 2.5" and a bigger resonator!

Sounds like a rally car now! :D

CastleHill exhaust again Pete? Xforce twin tips?

Yip to both questions!

Stop dogging SA.

Opel,Merc,VW,hyundai all have factory in SA

and i bet alot of them are driving around here!

what exhaust did u get pete?

similar to what i had on the levin but 2.5" and a bigger resonator!

Sounds like a rally car now! :D

CastleHill exhaust again Pete? Xforce twin tips?

Yip to both questions!

Stop dogging SA.

i agree with pete, u all keep paying out south african build quality, but only on the sportivos.

wouldnt the 1ZZ's built in SA be just as bad? but no, its only the sportivos have problems

I've got a Levin.

Personally if it was the only 2 you have to choose from then i'd go the stivo.

however, i would hang out for the new one simply because its new and would be better in the long run to have a 'newer' model.

Having said that tho, depending on how far you wanna go with your mods, or no mods at all.

For torque mods, i'd go the levin.

Simply the car is easier to drive, wider torque and power band, although lower power, but the ratios and combination allows awesome cornering ability at close to peak power, would go even better with LSD, (harder to corner in lift (peak power) in a stivo, unless you're like shao :whistling: ) and! its cheaper to boost and are Japanese built!! :)

For power mods, i'd go stivo.

With a mild mod, the stivo will quite happily sprint and kill a V8 down the straight, however, the peaky power takes getting used to and if you're not ready or prepared to rev the engine up to get moving then this is not really the car you're looking for. Awesome fun, but the reality is you can't really use lift everywhere. Spend your money on mods wisely on a 2zz, i'll be great fun, but without an LSD it'll loose out to the rivals of fast NA 4s in the category. Down the straight, you'll kill a levin by a good 1 to 2 seconds, but on stock, you'll have problems shaking a done up 1zz. :) ( and no chance to shaking or even pulling away from it on a uphill/downhill mountain run).

Other than that, levin seats are better than the stivo leather ones as it offers more support (again its a different in the conquest, and again different in the acent.)

My vote:

Bang for buck, Stivo. (with mild mods, $2k+)

Mods, 1zz. (given you have to a good $5k+)

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by pippy

Stop dogging SA.

Yep, those leaky MK5 GTI's built in SA.

A body seam wasn't welded properly in the factory causing the inside of the cabin to get nice and wet when it rains properly... instead of replacing the whole car, VW Aus said they'd fix them instead....

If it was my new $40K+ car with weld integrity problems in the body, I'd want a new one.

the merc, slr55 is also made there.

which explains the low sales figures (kidding) however it can also be explained by its very pricy tag.

honestly speaking you should wait till the new models are out, then the dealers will have price drops on their old stock which you can still bargain off them *more*. doesnt matter if its sportivo or levin or whatever made whereever when you get a bargain deal off a dealer your driving the :toast: car in your mind.

in my opinion after driving both i'd buy neither. :whistling:

With this SA stuff, Yes ur right. The1zz;s built is SA are of worse quality thats why every time a 1zz goes at the actions the ppl look at the VIn number to see if its made in SA. If it is, it goes considerably less.

Im not talking all the cars that are made in SA cause pete is right. But toyota AU admit that some of the parts that the SA models used were of less quality then the Japan built. it no just the build quality its the parts as wel.

I remember seeing a post on here aboutthis were they compred 1zz's sa build and Jap built and there was some problem with the Brakes??? cant remember. *shrug

sportivo is a sports hatch and levin is not(no offence) , so having a sportivo will cost u more, so just depends what u want its two different cars for two different market, well i think so anyway

Out of curiosity what defines a sports hatch?

Rolla mods,mello well thats CHEAPER labour for you!

The sales figures of German cars in SA are sky high!

Like you see the holdens and fords running around here

In SA all you see is VW's, BMW's and mercs!