heel-and-toe

Better than the cup of water is keeping a tennis ball in a small concave bowl ...

Best motoring: Drift bible is the best source to learn heal toe i reckon :D , i mean that drift king dude is the guy that consults with the Intial D gurus - pingpong balls and a concave bowl :D now that's rice

happy motoring B)

H&T is great fun!!, I started doing it about 2 months ago after researching on the net. Took a while to get the hang of it but now its second nature.

I just place my right foot half on the brake and roll it on the gas pedal to blip (with shoes on, with shoes off I have to use my heel and bend my ankle). a blip of about 1000rpm while letting the clutch out is pretty on the mark.

makes you feel like a race car driver, Now i have to get a roll cage and enter in Targa Tasmania. :D

"DO NOT SKIP GEARS"

why is that?

I often heel and toe in 4th at about 60k/m into second gear, and find that it works well to go into second gear and keeping the rev high when entering the corners.

Yeah i skip gears all the time. I thought it was all about keeping the revs up? I can understand if you miss "blip" it you'll put massive amounts of strain on the clutch and the syncros but if you rev it up it should be fine... right? ...Maybe not if you "blip" from 3000 right into lift so that you can go from 6th to 2nd but you know...

unfortunetly my feet size, seating position, the dodgy pedals in the rolla <_< <_< <_< <_< , the shoes i wear etc etc dont allow me to do this easily so ill just stick to spending big on other parts of the car to handle better to make up for this :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Skipping gears just kills syncro's in the long run, and in everyday driving I really don't see much of a need to drop from 4th directly to 2nd.

Maybe it's just me but I quite enjoy running down through the gears 4th, Blip 3rd, Blip 2nd. :D

LOL ..... your killing me corey ..... ok ok ill pay that u got me a beauty .... it will just make revenge so much sweeter :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i'd recommend finding a book called "motoring, skills and tactics" written by Peter Wherrett

it is a mid 1970's book, but has very good explanations of how to apply racing techniques to the road.

some useful parts that i use all the time are "double de-clutching" and "heel-toeing"

when you only have 74hp you need to save time wherever you can.

I find that you don't really have to do H&T when you down shift from 6 to 5. From 5 to 4 you only need to rev around 500rpm. From 4 => 3=>2 i generally give it 1000-1500 depends on the speed i was traveling

the reason you don't have to heel-toe from 6-5 is maybe cos you're doing normal speeds. you will get the same jer'k-fwd reaction from the car if u were doing more than cruising speeds.

i think i better teach my friend how to do it properly he tried it for a couple of months and is still...not good.

the last time i was in his car i told him it's easier to start trying to rev match first rather than heeltoe. it's more of a natural progression like teaching to walk before running.

also, how do some of you go into first? i personally need to double-clutch in as the gearbox doesn't allow me to shift into 1st like other gears.

xploshun: try braking into corners. if not, try proper heeltoe while braking (gently) for a traffic light. when you're used to it you can learn to brake later and do the same thing.

once ur used to it, you'll find yourself doing it everywhere!

Edited by evo

• 3 months later...