Letter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny.

I called Phil Ghilbert last Friday and they played dumb. then i called again first thing Monday morning and they magically knew about it. I also mentioned the gear selector cable and the service guy went dumb again. it's so annoying how they are denying everything.

I haven't got my letter yet either. It's fair enough as i think they may be trying to coordinate the recall process and which cars come in at what time. I don't mind waiting as long as i get it done. hehehe. I haven't had much complaints with the car beside the brake squeel and the occassional rattle anyway.

Sending my car in tomorrow. My boot lever isn't working as well, so when I called to book it in, I asked about the letter and they told me that it was sent out yesterday so I asked if I could book my car in for that as well.

hey guys. i went down to my dealer to book my car in for a service and the upgrade. spoke to the serviceman and he said that if a CAI system is installed in the car, they would require the original airbox for the upgrade. they would need to detach the CAI system and reinstall the factory unit due to the Australia Regulatory body and warranty issue. ask your respective dealers about this, cos i've heard that in the Eastern states the removal of the CAI was not necessary. I'm from Perth by the way.

I got the letter yesterday. ;) , i want to know if they're replacing the ECU or just reprogramming it only. About the Gear selector cable are they going to change the gear nob also, i seem to like our current gear nob.

Cheers

They replace the ECU. They then re-encode your keys to the new ECU, makes sure you take all your keys with you.

I rocked up to my dealer yesterday and told them about the recall. They seem to know nothing about it and said to wait for a letter. I even brought a print out of the recall site and showed them. These guys are so slow in everything they do so I wanted to get their ***** moving. I told them to chase it up and order the parts for me so I can get it done ASAP including the gear selector cable. They said they will call me later in the afternoon when they find out more info about it but guess what.....NEVER GOT A CALL.! :angry:

I got the letter last night though and I'll be bringing it in on Thursday and give em **** for not taking initiative to find out what is going on with their cars. Surely if they work for Toyota service they should have the heads up on what's going on. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Got my letter. The car is booked in for tomorrow to do upgrade + cables + other warranty work

I have yet to receive my letter. What warranty work are you getting done Xoom? I would like to ask them to check the brakes, steering, shock absorbers and clutch.

Would you guys be able to tell me if this letter is actually written by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia or by the Toyota Dealership you purchased your car?

yeah i am still to recieve my latter and dan its not that we didn't have faith in you saying that they are removing the CAI its just that they shouldn't have to. I am sure the ADR ruling body would take the fact that we have modified the car into consideration, - if they do should i/we fire up due to the hassles/out of pocket for the re fit.

Would you guys be able to tell me if this letter is actually written by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia or by the Toyota Dealership you purchased your car?

It is written by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia.