Letter

got the letter today, hey i get my car serviced at a lexus centre, will they have the parts or will i need them to get the parts sent in, and also do i just ask them to fix my gear selector cable with the new gear knob,, cos i don't know if they will know about the selector cable as it is not mentioned in the letter

cheers

greg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Got my letter yesterday 24/8/2004, rang Toyota Service center in Artarmon NSW, and they didn't know about the recall. LOL. Sent them a fax with the letter and they now know about it and I have it booked in next thursday to get the mods done.

:D

Hi All,

Got my letter yesterday 24/8/2004, rang Toyota Service center in Artarmon NSW, and they didn't know about the recall. LOL. Sent them a fax with the letter and they now know about it and I have it booked in next thursday to get the mods done.

hey mercury,

R u going to do the shift selector cable as well ?

I m going to ring artamon tomo to book mine in as well..and ask for the shift selector cable..

Ray

Got my letter. The car is booked in for tomorrow to do upgrade + cables + other warranty work

I have yet to receive my letter. What warranty work are you getting done Xoom? I would like to ask them to check the brakes, steering, shock absorbers and clutch.

Would you guys be able to tell me if this letter is actually written by Toyota Motor Corporation Australia or by the Toyota Dealership you purchased your car?

hmmm completly forgot about the shocks issue ...... might mention it tomorrow.

With regards to the letter, I was pleasantly suprised to read these words:

"...incorrect engine cleaner cap & ECC were fitted...as a result the maximum engine power output may be marginally less than the allowable production tolerance"

Its in writing now ;)

Stauff, I got my letter a couple of days ago. taking it in tomorrow for the work to be done.

I would call them up just to make sure. big companies have a habbit of losing information <_< stuff gets passed around to too many people and no one is responsible for it.

Hi All,

hey mercury,

R u going to do the shift selector cable as well ?

I m going to ring artamon tomo to book mine in as well..and ask for the shift selector cable..

Ray

Hi Ray,

When I spoke to the guys at Artarmon I didn't ask them about the gear selector cable as they didn't have a clue about the recall, I was going to leave that question until I took the car in and got to speak to an actual person that knew about it. Plus that issue wasn't on the recall letter so they may not even do anything about it.

Let me know how you go with the question.

Jesse

Seriously guys, just book your car in, don't need to have the letter. I booked my car into MCT before I even received the letter. If they don't know anything about it, just ask them to give Toyota Australia a call.

Well the Stivo is done quite impressive feels very much like the Car is running the Unichip without having it actually installed. I am quite happy. I will be doing a dyno and refit of the Unichip sometime this week. I will post the results...maybe...lol. Then off back to Toyota to get the flywheel and clutch done.

I called my service manager and talked to him before my letter arrived and booked myself in for Tuesday of this week. Dont forget the 200-500K runin' procedure boys :unsure:

Whats this 200-500km running procedure ??? :o

Drive it hard in acceleration changing gears lots of times (without breaking the law of course :blink: ) the ecu will adapt to your driving. By the way the Unichip re plug is now on hold till the flywheel and clutch is done.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question..

Can I ask why u must drive it hard with the new ECU install?? Does it enhance the power of the car?

I haven't had mine done yet as I'm waitin for the letter.

The ECU as stated in my previous post learns how you drive. If you drive slow the ECU will remember this and it will perfom that way. The ECU on these cars learn for the first 500KM on driving style and adjusts itself to match you. The car will perform better if you give it a bit of stick initaly.

Hey guys

I apologise in advance if this question has been covered before, but could somebody recommend a place to get my engine dyno'ed in Melbourne, preferrably inner-city.

My car is going in the for ECC fix up tomorrow & I want to test it following that. My spivo is stock so it should be a good test case for how the recall fix will affect the overall engine performance.

Thanx in advance :)

hey guys had the ECU done this morngin yeah must agree with peekay cept for the uni chip as i have not had one but the car is just so much more drivable. no torque hole and smooth into lift like a vtec engine,

with my mods now i am keeping up with the S2000 it is a good feeling.

the gear cables still haven't come into penrith toyota so i still have to wait.

also I/they didn't remove the CAI they just put the new cap in the boot no questions asked.