clueless - need help with rims.

JJCRU23R

came across these rims on tempetyres website.

it says:

"P064-17X7 REX R606 silver wheels

$899

Availability: In Stock Now

Wheel and Tyre package to suit most small cars( 4 stud), wheels are original REX R606 in shadow chrome finish in the following legal size(17x7).

This wheels is available in FWD fitments.

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

4X New profile tyres in the size that suits your car.

205/40/17,215/40/17,215/45/17,225/45/17.

4X New GV1 wheels to FIT your car.

Full set of nuts and locknuts to suit your car,Chrome valves.

Freigth available to your door for $80 which also includes full packaging for safe and scratch free delivery.Wheels are dispatched on the same day the paymnent is recived.

Insurance is available for $20 . "

not really sure what to look for and what to avoid as far as buying rims is concerned.

just curious what you guyz think of the brand?

Does brand name really count when choosing rims?

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...amp;part_no=983

that is exactly what i am worried about too...

but on that same token, you shouldnt have to pay $2000 for rims that are just 'dependable'.

tempe tyres has a reputation to keep.. they wouldnt mess with products that would pose a safety risk would they?

but on that same token, you shouldnt have to pay $2000 for rims that are just 'dependable'.

tempe tyres has a reputation to keep.. they wouldnt mess with products that would pose a safety risk would they?

$2000 onwards is probably mainly for racing, forged, light weight etc, but something a bit more than 1000 is enough for street use i reckon, unless u do FAST AND FURIOUS or INITIAL D style :P

but tahn again i just found out the rims on mine(put on by the exowner) is only 900 bucks with tyres :( ....., and i ran into a gutter once, pretty hard too, and didnt do a thing to it

if u really like it than buy it as u said they have a reputation to keep

Edited by sportiyo

I would have thought their reputation would be "cheap and nasty" and dont come back to us if something goes wrong.

Tempe tyres and reputation do not go in the same sentence. As far as racing style rims are concerned, tempe tyres is at the bottom of the heap for not only supplying sub-standard quality wheels, but also for after sales service and support. If you were into chromes, dubs and whatever, tempe would probably be the place to go.

Honestly dude, id rather shop around for a better place.

Starcorp are made in China, that's why they are cheap.

Why does being made in China automatically make you think 'crap'?

But I do notice that these rims do NOT come with a lifetime Warranty like many others that Tempe Sell.

I would be suspicious of that if nothing else. ;)

Just fork out the little extra for better rubber. That's my advice.

Rim wise, I highly doubt you will have any problems.

I have to agree, when I purchase my wheels/tyres. The break down was...

Wheels - $750.

Tyres - $1,000.

Your tyre choice will strongly affect how the car corners, stops. Don't be tempted by cheap tyres. It's the only thing sticking you to the road. Cheaper wheels - unless you're driving a 300kw atw monster, you can get away with.

when the time comes when money isnt a problem, these are the rims i wanna ultimately get.

DRAGrims.jpg

DRAG DR-13

Sizes: 17x7, 18x7.5

Bolt Pattern: 4x(100/114.3), 5x(100/114.3)

Finishes: Carbon Black, Silver, Gun Metal, Gloss Black

http://www.dragwheels.com/product.asp?ID=25

think these would fit? they come in 4 and 5 bolt patterns, just in case you were bout to say "this is a 5 bolt rim!?!"

anyone know where you can buy these in Aus?

if not, has anyone here gone and bought rims from overseas? how much was delivery?

Edited by JJCRU23R

• 5 weeks later...

do not buy from tempe. I hear they use a lot of recycled materials which makes their wheels very heavy. And its not just tempe. Alot of the wheel dealers do this. What car is this for?

If its a small car the extra weight is gonna affect performance. I'd say get sum japanese racing alloys. They look better and much lighter.

do not buy from tempe. I hear they use a lot of recycled materials which makes their wheels very heavy. And its not just tempe. Alot of the wheel dealers do this. What car is this for?

If its a small car the extra weight is gonna affect performance. I'd say get sum japanese racing alloys. They look better and much lighter.

but jap racing rim(ssr, rays) r same price as my kidney :blink: , what about rim that have a brand eg:lenso etc will they be as bad?

Edited by sportiyo

Ive been doing research aswell cause im getting new rims too. Lenso are great just abit more and they have a model called super lightweight racing rim weighs under 7kgs at tempe tyres size 17*7. But they dont come in silver there white or black or gold. It fits the corolla and looks great just unsure about the colour.

theres the link http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_clos...mp;part_no=1047.

Also ive been looking into Speedy wheels the model is: Lite-7 (Lightweight)

Sizes:

17x7.0, 18x7.0

Finish:

Frosted Magnesium/

Frosted Aluminium

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/alloy.htm

Speedy wheels have a few light weight rims and they look extremely nice. Also another model is Lite-Fin

Sizes:

16x7.0, 17x7.5

Finish:

Hyper Black.

hehe im still looking for rims myself want a nice looking lite 17 inch.

mate im not exactly sure but it would be maybe few hundred dollars more. But i believe lenso have a great reputation and high quality rims and the racing rims are really light as stated under 7kg. Considering the white version on a silver hatch, not entirely sure how itll look though. Call tempe tyres up and ask for a quote.