STOP PRESS!! CIVIC R in OZ MID 07!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The EP3 have been tested against them and won as well

on 5th gear they tested a renault, sportivo (tsport) and a ep3 and the ep3 came out best as well.

I guess the CTR family will always arise as the hottest hatch.

Edited by vyets

You guys are getting way too wet over this car! :P Dry up boys, i don't think it's as good as it seems. It's a good car being a Honda but up against the competition in the $40k price bracket it is figthing a very tough battle. Don't believe any UK mag reviews either, they are just trying to boost production for the UK built Civic Type R. Wait till it lands locally and in the US and read their reviews.

As someone mentioned it comes with torsion beam rear setup, and WHEELS has already tested the car and said its what they have been worrying all along, that Honda going for a more cost effective Torsion Beam setup has taken a backward step in the handling department. Hondas have always been good handling cars because they were reknowned for their double wishbone setups in the past but now i think they have really gone backwards. The engine and gearbox might be good but just look at the power/torque:weight, its not very good for an NA car with only 192nm of torque. It weighs in at approx 1330kg, thats 100kg more fat than the Integra Type S which had 154kw and similar torque. Don't forget the Type S has similar engine and gearbox ratios as well. I really think Honda has missed the hot-hatch boat, there are too many choices on the market now, and sure it might attract 1st time Honda fan boys and people that love to rev and prefer NA instead of F/I (which i suspect most would have already paid much less money for a Corolla Sportivo ! :D ). The JDM Sedan Type R is more like it with the REAL 8800rpm K20A pumping out 168kw@8400rpm/215nm@6100rpm with 210nm of torque available from 3000rpm. I lioke the VTEC cam changover point of 5100rpm though, it's a cool 1000rpm lower than the 2zzge.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

we will get the POV pack and pay through the nose for it, your kidding yourself if you think anything less....honda have done very well to keep the hype levels up about this car and i think once the pirce/specs is released the hype about the Type R civic will fall in a heap.

Too way over hyped and if it fails to impress then your pretty much gone.

Hatch is Butt Ugly, but the sedan is really nice!!

1 vote for the sedan!!

the sedan does look really good, doesn't look anything like the hatch. Weird how most hatches at least share 70% of the shape as the sedans.

Also for the price, there's a huge hot hatch market now as well, to be honest doesn't really compete against the leaders.

Quite a few genuine honda fans are a bit disappointed that these are being made in britain. What the???? Why are the japs building one of their performance bred cars in britland. The older model was more raw, kickass and made sure the pansies found it too uncomfortable to own one. It's a bit of a turn-off when you drive a new sports car off the lot and then realise that every sunday driver owns one too. THE EK CTR was the sh*t built wholly in Japan. Much better.

Still looks awesome and its meant to be OK in terms of performance. Still wish they would bring out the EK CTR.

BUT.... Check out the mugen 4 door CTR. Damn............I think i'm in love

post-3987-1176854788_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think you can test them now...my dad brought home a few brochures the other day and they were wanting him to test it....Dont know why my dad would want a small hatch racecar :S he was looking at accords

Did the Honda reps told your Dad the price for the car?

$45k

I asked...why didnt you test drive it....and he goes...."I'm too old for the type R, why would i drive a 2-door"

Too old? :help::lol: ...common....

How many white haired or baldies do i see runnin round wit porsches eh?... :P

Too old... :lol:

• 1 month later...

I mate of mine has test driven the 2007 civic type r and said that as soon as you put it through a few twisties with any decent acceleration it's hello understeer. Also, he mentioned he couldn't feel vtec kick in when revved to the limiter. But one thing that he said was that it surprisingly has good bottome to midrange torque.