Supercharging the 2ZZ ????

Okay, so in my spare time I have been reading up about supercharging, in particular the Sportivo, what I am thinking is a Rotrex S/C.

I would like to know from people who have tried or looked into this, what problems did you come across to change your mind.

From what I can gather, the problems are:

Radiator?

ABS Unit?

If these are the only problems, couldn't I get a custom radiator and move the ABS Unit?

I am losing my licence for three months and thought that this would be a fun project to fill in some time whilst being stuck at home.

I welcome your thoughts and opinions.

Regards

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rotrex was my choice after looking at the TRD & Jackson chargers,it seemd a lil easier to mount,i was planning to go in my 1zzfe just a lil different in set ups,the radiator would stay in the same place ide stick a lil 14' by 2' cooler in front until ide figure out a way to fit a larger f****f intercooler in it,but that would have to revise the radiator support frame too

expensive execise :spiteful: but lets talk

The Rotrex was my choice after looking at the TRD & Jackson chargers,it seemd a lil easier to mount,i was planning to go in my 1zzfe just a lil different in set ups,the radiator would stay in the same place ide stick a lil 14' by 2' cooler in front until ide figure out a way to fit a larger f****f intercooler in it,but that would have to revise the radiator support frame too

From memory the engine bay in a 1zzfe has a little more room, I have made some rough measurements and I know the radiator will get in the way and I will possibly have to move the ABS units back towards the firewall.

Expensive exercise, maybe...bit it would be fun if I can pull it off.

trd usa only produced the sc for the 2003 1zzfe. it was discontinued many months ago. now that toyota usa bought trd usa the sc is found in inventory on back order so it may be available again in usa.

From memory the engine bay in a 1zzfe has a little more room, I have made some rough measurements and I know the radiator will get in the way and I will possibly have to move the ABS units back towards the firewall.

Expensive exercise, maybe...bit it would be fun if I can pull it off.

yes..............fun lol :spiteful::spiteful:

The bloody radiator..........we have less room to work with then the celica owners....but then again their engine is closer to the firewall I think. I just removed my manifold heat shield, plenty of room...whereas the celica owners have to remove the cam cover to make life much easier. Then we have the problem of the ABS unit...if there was some room we could prolly mount it inline across from the alternator....hmmmm

Anyone game???

In 1zz-fe corolla, If you take out the aircon compressor, then you can place your rotrex there.

Its impossible to mount the rotrex anywhere else inside the corolla engine bay thats equipped with ABS.

Anyone saw the celica rotrex dyno yet? Its producing amazing results.

In 1zz-fe corolla, If you take out the aircon compressor, then you can place your rotrex there.

Its impossible to mount the rotrex anywhere else inside the corolla engine bay thats equipped with ABS.

Anyone saw the celica rotrex dyno yet? Its producing amazing results.

hey bro

thats the white one ur talking about yeh? in Brisbane?

its producing 200 kw atw thus far :yahoo:

yeah, just saw the thread at new celica.

Strange to me, as the other charts from Matt I have are actually HP, and they show HP.... :P

I would expect more than 200hp on a high compression 2ZZ with 5psi though.

Edited by rollamods

Yeah thats the one.

I kinda think its perhaps hp reading, not kw as the owner said, but who knows.

If you look the black graph, that NA figure reads close to 130hp, which translates almost 100kw. Its quite accurate for 2zz-ge to push 100kw at wheels (But thats with CamCon tuine...).

So anyway, I was in the same thinking with rollamods, 200hp wheels is much more realistic me than 200kw wheels. Not to offend the owner though, and if it did 200kw wheels he just made one amazing s/c kit.

considerring that Bill is around 200kW with 15psi, I find it hard to believe that the graph is in kW

It is in hp, just as it reads.

and thats not tuned properly either ;) ;) ;) numbers well over 200 are on the way ;) ;) ;)

either way as ive said before and ill re-iterate again .... A DYNO IS NOT A MEASUREMENT TOOL !!!!!!!!!

getting urself a time slip is far more valuable .... it atleast then provides a measure of the driveability of ur setup ...... no point in showing 800HP on the dyno if the same car pulling 600HP can pull quicker times than u ..... So i dunno about the others here but i'd rather have a track king rather than a dyno queen ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

considerring that Bill is around 200kW with 15psi, I find it hard to believe that the graph is in kW

and thats not tuned properly either ;) ;) ;) numbers well over 200 are on the way ;) ;) ;)

either way as ive said before and ill re-iterate again .... A DYNO IS NOT A MEASUREMENT TOOL !!!!!!!!!

getting urself a time slip is far more valuable .... it atleast then provides a measure of the driveability of ur setup ...... no point in showing 800HP on the dyno if the same car pulling 600HP can pull quicker times than u ..... So i dunno about the others here but i'd rather have a track king rather than a dyno queen ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

you will always be a queen mate.... :yahoo:

and thats not tuned properly either ;) numbers well over 200 are on the way ;)

getting urself a time slip is far more valuable .... it atleast then provides a measure of the driveability of ur setup ...... no point in showing 800HP on the dyno if the same car pulling 600HP can pull quicker times than u ..... So i dunno about the others here but i'd rather have a track king rather than a dyno queen ;) ;)

corey given your figures and your times im going to have to decline that title as my results arent as deserving as urs and so you really are the true deserving winner Corey :P :P :P :P :P remind everyone corey of ur power vs 1/4 time and let them decide :P :P :P :P

getting urself a time slip is far more valuable .... it atleast then provides a measure of the driveability of ur setup ...... no point in showing 800HP on the dyno if the same car pulling 600HP can pull quicker times than u ..... So i dunno about the others here but i'd rather have a track king rather than a dyno queen ;) ;)

corey given your figures and your times im going to have to decline that title as my results arent as deserving as urs and so you really are the true deserving winner Corey :P :P :P :P :P remind everyone corey of ur power vs 1/4 time and let them decide :P :P :P :P

i dont drive my car 1/4 mile at a time, nor do i drive on a dyno so neither really matter to me at all......find somthing new to chew on mate cause this old boot is long past dead..... :P

i dont drive my car 1/4 mile at a time, nor do i drive on a dyno so neither really matter to me at all......find somthing new to chew on mate cause this old boot is long past dead..... :P

Yeah stop picking on me as well Bill. I know that you're cool and all and the females throw themselves at you, saying things like 'Turbo Sportivo! You're awesome Bill! Make love to me Bill! Have my children Bill!', but it's starting to hurt my feelings :(

Dynamometer

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Not to be confused with dynameter.

For the dynamometer used in railroading, see dynamometer car.

A dynamometer, or "dyno" for short, is a machine used to measure torque and rotational speed (rpm) from which power produced by an engine, motor or other rotating prime mover can be calculated.

:toast::toast::toast: :P :P :P

Dynamometer

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Not to be confused with dynameter.

For the dynamometer used in railroading, see dynamometer car.

A dynamometer, or "dyno" for short, is a machine used to measure torque and rotational speed (rpm) from which power produced by an engine, motor or other rotating prime mover can be calculated.

:toast::toast::toast: :P :P :P

Oh man, let's not go there again please :lol: