My opinion on Stivo recall

I didnt get any silver sticker, where is it suppose to be? What does it say?? :blink:

it is only visible when u open the driver side door, its on the body of the car near the hinges.

i can't remember what it had on it but i do remember it had thr date of the recall on it.

I didnt get any silver sticker, where is it suppose to be? What does it say??  :blink:

it is only visible when u open the driver side door, its on the body of the car near the hinges.

i can't remember what it had on it but i do remember it had thr date of the recall on it.

It also has the recall number written on it. You can't miss it if you look at the car with the door open, as mentioned near the hinges. My car is driving better now with nearly 300kms post recall. It's the clutch that is going soon i think.

I baselined my Stivo's performance post-recall with a V6 Holden Commodore Ute yesterday. It had a huge tacho/shiftlight so i suspect its modded. We took off at the lights rolling start on an uneven road with a bend. I didn't land in LIFT 1-2 (5900rpm) and hit limiter 2-3 for faster change-up but the result was the Ute beat me by 1/4 - 1/2 body length. I kept up with him all the way in LIFT and maybe took some ground. The only time he gained on me was at the start before i hit LIFT and when i fell out of LIFT 1-2 just for a split second. I beat a VY Commodore Ute V6 with exhaust mod before when i launched hard and landed LIFT 1-2. But i was amazed yesterday the Ute didn't pull away much at all at the start with his V6 torque. When i hit LIFT 1st gear i was nearly right beside him, by then he was in 2nd giving his all.

It was very close-matched.

• 3 weeks later...
I didnt get any silver sticker, where is it suppose to be? What does it say??  :blink:

oops sorry I'm new to this. I'll try again.

Just had mine done yesterday, I looked everywhere, even the service book but I can't find any silver sticker refering to the recall? yes I checked the drivers door.

The car feels stronger from 3000 and I can sill feel a good kick when it hits 6, from idle to 2000 it doesn't ping as much (I use Optimax).

Hi. I definitely agree with the better feel at low revs. However, i have noticed that after a couple thousand k's later, the improvement is not so obvious. maybe i'm just used to it.

Hey, Optimax actially has a lower octane number than other premium fuels. i use BP ultimate 98octane :D

Hey guys,

I got my recall done today and i can some what feel a bit of a difference esp in the mid range torque :D :D :D :D but i still find it hard to shift from 1-2nd gear. :blink::blink: Any help or explanation for it??

Also, where is this silver plate u guys r talking about? I couldn't find it at all.

;) :huh: i just checked in a google search and optimax is 98octane. weird. i could have sworn that i saw some label somewhere that said optimax is only 95octane, BP ultimate and some others are 98octane and normal ULP has 92octane.

Normal Unleaded is now rated as 91RON thanks to the (up to) 10% Ethanol... Lead replacement (Super) is 94RON, as far as Shell is concearned they have 2 grades of Premium, there is Gold (where they are not up with Optimax yet) which is 95RON and Optimax is 98RON...

Always best to check on the pump where you buy though, once I went to a BP where they were said to have Ultimate and checked the pump and even though it said Ultimate the pump said it was only 95RON, I checked with the guy at the desk and he said 'yeah ummmmm, I'll check......... ummmmm yeah, we don't actually have Ultimate' so I drove up the road to Shell!!!!!!

As posted before only Shell, BP and Mobil have 98 Octane... I actually prefer Mobil Synergy 8000 but cannot get here, so have to make do with Optimax...

No this is crap... if that was the case they wouldn't be able to sell it... Plus... I think that in Melbourne Shell actually sell on the fuel from the Geelong refinary to other distributors so your BP Ultimate could be Optimax anyway.....