lukey muffler

don't waste your time and money with the cheap aussie trash that is Lukey mate.

hear many stories of the inside walls of the mufflers blowing out and whatnot - they are cheap for a reason. Go with stuff from japan or the US if you can afford it.

I was at exhaust shop the other day ... they had a 2001 rolla fitted with lukey muffler on 2.5 system it sounded really nice with no blow back aswell .... i am definatly thinkin of the same thing for my rolla ...

aslong as its not cheap no name imported brand nothing to worry about .. least australian products have design standards and epa standards to live up to..

check some exhaust web sites the have sounds of customers cars on there ...lukey i think or walker ...

SPORTIVO MUFFLER FTW!

personally i hate mufflers that are scream like a b*tch the whole way through accelerating.

btw- are you planning on getting it installed at the mtdruitt place near CARe wash adn 7eleven? lol

Edited by JJCRU23R

SPORTIVO MUFFLER FTW!

personally i hate mufflers that are scream like a b*tch the whole way through accelerating.

btw- are you planning on getting it installed at the mtdruitt place near CARe wash adn 7eleven? lol

hahaha..yeah man..i think its carline. i just wanna add sound to the exhaust without damaging my wallet. its so quiet. any suggestions?

btw, where can i sportivo muffler installed?

Edited by pujo

i did it at home.

its a straight replacement part for the stock exhaust!

all you need is a socket wrench and some wd40..

wouldnt be a bad idea to raise the back end for easier access... thats how i did it basically.

DIY FTW!

SHAKE N BAKE!

Edited by JJCRU23R

i did it at home.

its a straight replacement part for the stock exhaust!

all you need is a socket wrench and some wd40..

wouldnt be a bad idea to raise the back end for easier access... thats how i did it basically.

DIY FTW!

SHAKE N BAKE!

so its just the muffler i need to replace and nothing else?

i have pics from the install...

please wait while trying to access photobuket

**edit**

heres the pics

08072006.jpg

stock exhaust compared to sportivo exhaust

besides the droopy tip of the sportivo exhaust, they are pretty much identical... except the sound is a lot different. "throaty" is the word thats usually thrown around when describing the sound...

08072006_005_.jpg

the exhaust is held in placewith these rubber gasket thingiez.

lube up the lower hole with wd40 for easy exit of the stock.. and easy entry of the new sportivo exhaust

Edited by JJCRU23R

i've had both a lukey muffler and a sportivo muffler behind my system (extractors and 2.25" pipes all the way back)...

i had the sportivo one on first, then when i was rear-ended i had it replaced with a lukey...

differences:

LUKEY - louder, more enjoyable tone, bit of a drone on highway driving..

SPORTIVO - quieter, tighter tone

neither were noticably more powerful... if i had to pick one on power i'd go the lukey...

its up to you what you're after... everyone raves about sportivo muffler, and i do think they're very well suited for the 1zz-fe.. they're just heaps quiet. if you're getting a muffler for tone, you'd be better off getting the lukey...

if you want somethink quiet but a bit more powerful and a different tone, then the sportivo muffler is the way to go...

anyway quick shameless plug: full 1zz-fe exhaust system (with lukey) $350 with swap of your stock stuff in sydney .

Edited by blue_rolla

Also the Sportivo muffler that Jase is talking about is a genuine toyota accessory - it looks like the levin muffler with th droopy tip. It is a direct bolt on part.

The sportivo muffler that TomTom is talking about is off a Corolla Sportivo which has 2.25" piping and requires welding. The usual upgrade is the whole cat-back system off a Stivo welded onto the 1ZZ system after the cat.

My opinion is that Tom's $350 system is a BAAAARGAIN

people are also forgetting to mention there are heaps of different "Lukey" mufflers available, the ultraflow, the turbo, the race, the race welded, etc etc.

The Lukey Turbo 2.25" sounds decent on a 1ZZ, I have a 3" Race Welded on my wagon which was suprisingly quiet... but it also has a turbo to shut it up.

Edited by rollamods

nice, thanks for the input guys. i don't really wanna fork out alotta money so i'm looking for the cheapest one including installation.

well for an exhaust system thats cheap you really cant go past blue rollas ...

considering all the hard work is done ... just a swap over ..

nice, thanks for the input guys. i don't really wanna fork out alotta money so i'm looking for the cheapest one including installation.

well for an exhaust system thats cheap you really cant go past blue rollas ...

considering all the hard work is done ... just a swap over ..

how much is it usually for a swap over?

• 1 year later...