which one do you choose

trd

goodday everyone.

i got some question for my rolla. i got a quote for Koni sport shock(damper adjustable) with my own H-R spring for 1300 fitted and wheel aligment.

also, i got a quote for tein super street for 1450 plus fitting and wheel aligment(around 200) and D2 suspension 1450 fitted plus 80 for wheel alignment. if you were me, which one do you choose and why?

TRD :unsure:

If i was you, I would sell the set of springs and buy one of those 2 coilovers. Why? Much better handling and u can adjust the high and dumper on them as in Konis you can only play with dumper. Not sure which brand is better, teins or d2s have to ask the experts here.

Russ

D2's the teins for the rolla are only the wagons, so they are not really designed around performance, just ride height, so will be similar to stock handling (which is boat like). D2's Street are still comfortable but let you floor it though corners. Askk Bangn hes had both. If you had Cuscos in there I would choose those them cuz they are ultimate, but very pricey.

D2's if your leaning towards track work (or if you are on a budget you can buy 2nd hand)

Teins if you want a more firm then stock and adjustable street setup. You can always order different spring rates from Tein in the future, same with D2's.

Are the fitting/alignment quotes from different shops? Because I dont see why they would cost different.

it was from difference shop cos some shop can do wheels alignment some can't. but they hooked up with some tyres shop.

what about the height? it is my big concern cos my rolla is dropped 50mm from stock height and its always stratch my front bumper.

TRD

for the best id spend the $$ and get teins!

but alos waht are you using them for?

if just for general day to day use id then go konis

for the best id spend the $$ and get teins!

but alos waht are you using them for?

if just for general day to day use id then go konis

cos koni cos me 1300 and coilover just 200 more. i am think that buy the better one rather than i need to upgrade it again. i just use this car for car cruize and work.

TRD

you can get better than cusco, but once you start looking at that gear the price goes up.

Cusco and Tein are about the same in my books, I've had multiple sets of each on my cars. The best I've had were a custom made set from fulcrum.

you can get better than cusco, but once you start looking at that gear the price goes up.

Cusco and Tein are about the same in my books, I've had multiple sets of each on my cars. The best I've had were a custom made set from fulcrum.

The Cuscos Zero 2 and Tein Wagons cannot be compared. Teins flex are awesome, superstreet is ok (howevever id still go D2s since superstreets dont have a lower adjustment and are twin tube (note monotube is better)). Unfortunantly they dont make Flex and Superstreet for the ZZE12X corolla (they do have superstreet for the US model but not sure if it fits). Cuscos Zero 2 are superior to Tein Wagons and superstreets; however are on par with Tein flex. Given whats avaialble for the Rolla Id i'd buy steet coilovers in the following order: Cusco Zero 2 --> D2 Street --> Cusco Zero 1 ---> Tein GT Wagon --> Tein Super Wagon

Some1 else on here had DMS coilovers, they don't allow too much of a drop (i think 50mm) but they are an awesome coilover but pricy (think 3000 dollars or so).

Make sure you comparing the products correctly cuz they make variations of every brand.

There are also other coilover you can get for the rolla, but i only know specifics of the above.

Edited by VVTLiR

The Cuscos Zero 2 and Tein Wagons cannot be compared. Teins flex are awesome, superstreet is ok (howevever id still go D2s since superstreets dont have a lower adjustment and are twin tube (note monotube is better)). Unfortunantly they dont make Flex and Superstreet for the ZZE12X corolla (they do have superstreet for the US model but not sure if it fits). Cuscos Zero 2 are superior to Tein Wagons and superstreets; however are on par with Tein flex. Given whats avaialble for the Rolla Id i'd buy steet coilovers in the following order: Cusco Zero 2 --> D2 Street --> Cusco Zero 1 ---> Tein GT Wagon --> Tein Super Wagon

Some1 else on here had DMS coilovers, they don't allow too much of a drop (i think 50mm) but they are an awesome coilover but pricy (think 3000 dollars or so).

Make sure you comparing the products correctly cuz they make variations of every brand.

There are also other coilover you can get for the rolla, but i only know specifics of the above.

Cusco Zero 2 --> D2 Street --> Cusco Zero 1 ---> Tein GT Wagon --> Tein Super Wagon

which one is the most comfortable and the best handling to drive?

TRD

Cusco Zero 2 --> D2 Street --> Cusco Zero 1 ---> Tein GT Wagon --> Tein Super Wagon

TRD

Well they are all street coilovers.

Id say probably in the same order starting firmest/best handling left and bounciest/omg ive driven off the cliff right

Edited by VVTLiR

TRD

you cant have both...the best handling wont be the most comfortable..

why do you need to drop lower then ~50mm from standard?

doing that brings the suspension arms bellow horizontal which lowers their performance and shortens the lifetime of your CVs

IF ur going daily driver and not really seeking any track work, go the koni's.

IF ur going to do track and very spirited driving, then go the whole 9 yards (that you can afford, of course)

Cheers and good luck,

Jules

TRD

northy, if it is looking to get balance between handling and comfort, which one would be good?

my big concern is the suspension can't be too bumpy(can take exceptional sporty) and only need to drop down 35mm from stock height at this stage. my front bumper is too low. it is main for daily drive. i am using lovell 55mm super low at this stage and its make too bumpy.

Cusco Zero 2 --> D2 Street --> Cusco Zero 1 ---> Tein GT Wagon --> Tein Super Wagon or Koni shock with 30mm H-R spring?

TRD

TRD

northy, if it is looking to get balance between handling and comfort, which one would be good?

my big concern is the suspension can't be too bumpy(can take exceptional sporty) and only need to drop down 35mm from stock height at this stage. my front bumper is too low. it is main for daily drive. i am using lovell 55mm super low at this stage and its make too bumpy.

Cusco Zero 2 --> D2 Street --> Cusco Zero 1 ---> Tein GT Wagon --> Tein Super Wagon or Koni shock with 30mm H-R spring?

TRD

Put a set of Koni's in it with your Lovells or go back to Kings lows. Problem solved. Adjust the Koni's down towards the softest setting and away you go. Nice handling with a "not too intrusive" ride. My wife has driven on kings and Koni's for years in our car and never had a whinge from her about the harshness of the ride. And mine are set front 1/2 and the rear 2/3 to the hardest dampening setting. when I do mountains etc i adjust the fronts up a tiny bit and away we go. And yes i can keep up with Northy but just have to drive a lil harder and smarter!!

• 1 month later...

When I had my D2 installed, my mechanic had to use the original top mount from the standard shocks.

He said the D2s are lot harder to install compare to the teins

I got the D2, i ike the ride height and the price , cos koni they charge around the same price and you need to modify the original shocks.