Coldest reading from "outside temp" readout

jaderd

Hey dont know about everyone else but since its been getting cold i love watching the temp change on way to work lol....boring ride :)....from garage at around 8 - 9 it managed to drop to a record zero this morning................does anyone know if they go to minus numbers ?

im guessing US models are in farenheit....what about uk models...im not sure...ne ways whats the lowest temp you have seen on yours...this thread wont go far if zero is the lowest...lol...cheers

post-3050-1181773908_thumb.jpg

Mate us Qld boys saw the temp sit at between 8-15 on the way to Sydney from about Grafton onwards south. The Monday we left it was reading about 6 or so when we left the F1 at wentworthville.

I've seen it here in Brissy get down to 3 on my way to work.

biggest increase i have seen was from office in ew to mornington peninsula (1 hour drive ish bit more maybe)

went from 29 (underground carpark) and kept climbing all the way up to 46 degrees by the time we hit mornington....was middle of summer i guess and a real hot one at that :)

killer temperature

biggest increase i have seen was from office in ew to mornington peninsula (1 hour drive ish bit more maybe)

went from 29 (underground carpark) and kept climbing all the way up to 46 degrees by the time we hit mornington....was middle of summer i guess and a real hot one at that :)

killer temperature

i'd believe that - over dec 05 - jan 06 i saw a lot of 36+ degree days down on the monrington peninsula

early 2005 i saw 0.5 degrees in my barina on the day we were heading to GOR ... that day was freaking cold ... AND there was fog everywhere

im guessing they dont go to minus ? as it was sitting on zero for around 5 mins....and prior to that it was dropping down a degree every min or so from when i left my garage.........need to make a trip to the snow or be out earlier in morning to test this.....need a hand held thermometer to compare to.........

* where is the sensor..........obviously no where near engine and out of the way of wind etc.....ne one know......

Dead zero.

Oh how I love Canberra. Temperature similar to Canada in Autumn, and wind like Chicago.

Our cars will hate the cold starts in the morning, but once they're warm, they sure as hell love the dense cold air that they suck in :D

* where is the sensor..........obviously no where near engine and out of the way of wind etc.....ne one know......

If you open the bonnet and look down behind the front bumper there is that center post that holds one of the horns. It is the sensor below that. I would take a picture, but I'm lazy.

Edited by SuperDave

If you open the bonnet and look down behind the front bumper there is that center post that holds one of the horns. It is the sensor below that. I would take a picture, but I'm lazy.

exactly right SD

Come to canberra fellas... dont be soft.

when i used to work at 5am i saw every number between -7 and 0.

So i think i have the record :yahoo:

lucky for us in Adelaide the coldest I've seen yet is 3 which i thought wasn't right until i heard it on the radio.. which is relatively cold for SA

That looks like great fun though TRDgirl! ... not nearly as much though when its dry... Tassy is a corner carvers heaven!!! :D

L.