New Clutch Time

man... corey... did this one turn in to fluff like the one you had in your 1zz?? :(

...or have you gone through 2 in the ol stivo??

besides you should be in the know with topics like these!! :D

holy... i'm still on my first set and still plenty of meat left!! and you should know how i drive...

i've gone through 2 sets of tyres and still on the same clutch... need to learn to control those heavy feet of yours! :rolleyes:

i think any full face would be a good replacement tho, coz they tend to last bit longer than other 'race' clutches, as your pressure plate should still be ok (and cheaper that way)

Edited by pippy

Maybe buy and auto....That will fix your clutch problem

hahahahahahahahaha yay the first automatic sportivo ..... go on corey ...... hahahahahahahahahaha

Maybe buy and auto....That will fix your clutch problem

hahahahahahahahaha yay the first automatic sportivo ..... go on corey ...... hahahahahahahahahaha

just ask some of the celica drivers! haha!

northy northy northy.

I'd save the money you would spend on a good clutch!!

go and buy a standard clutch, and with the money spare book yourself in for some driving lessons!!!

Problem solved!

Northy! another clutch!?!?!

a good friend of mine runs a carbon clutch from ATS

http://www.a-t-s.co.jp/

apart from the really annoying ringing noise when the clutch pedal is depressed, it's a nice clutch. and holds just fine when the supercharger kicks on the 2zz.

u should see his brakes, too :D

don't ask me why the rotors are mounted that way as well.

post-36-1183042850_thumb.jpg

Edited by shaohaok

lol... I have a customer that comes in every 10,000kms for a service and a clutch change every 10,000kms... I think they should buy an auto sometime soon...

I've just clocked over 150,000kms in my AE112 and it's still got the original toyota clutch in it... Still goes strong and when you dump it spins :) :) :) ...

clearly the man is in need of a twin plate ORC, because his sportivo puts out such hektic horsepower that it just FRIES these wussy organic/ceramic single plates. :P :whistling:

if you really must ride the clutch so much i wouldnt recommend a brass or copper faced clutch as they wear even quicker with abuse. I would probly just replace with another cheapo Excedy HD clutch, not worth replacing with something expensive that is going to get mashed just as fast again.... or l2drive, whatever is easier :)

clearly the man is in need of a twin plate ORC, because his sportivo puts out such hektic horsepower that it just FRIES these wussy organic/ceramic single plates. :P :whistling:

if you really must ride the clutch so much i wouldnt recommend a brass or copper faced clutch as they wear even quicker with abuse. I would probly just replace with another cheapo Excedy HD clutch, not worth replacing with something expensive that is going to get mashed just as fast again.... or l2drive, whatever is easier :)

lol learn to drive....got the ****** clutch out of the car and the wear and tear on the clutch is fine and its busted in the same place as the TRD one failed....