TRD Quick Shifter [GROUP BUY]

XploShun

HI guys,

I m interested in the short shifter, but i have a mechanic suggested that since we have the difficulty getting smooth shifts between gears (known problem with corolla celica 6 speed gear box) will the short shifter make the shifting more difficult?

He suggested that I should wait until I get the flywheel and clutch change first?

Can anyone help?

Has anyone installed the short shift kit and notice the shifting smoothness?

HI guys,

I m interested in the short shifter, but i have a mechanic suggested that since we have the difficulty getting smooth shifts between gears (known problem with corolla celica 6 speed gear box) will the short shifter make the shifting more difficult?

He suggested that I should wait until I get the flywheel and clutch change first?

Can anyone help?

Has anyone installed the short shift kit and notice the shifting smoothness?

i dunno but if you're gonna get it in the future.. u might as well get it now..

anyway guess u should ask this in COROLLA section.. coz most ppl here dont have it yet..

It will not increase shifting smoothness.........your only bet is to either get your clutch adjusted I think or new clutch and/or flywheel. If anything this kit will make it harder to shift.

The only way to give you smoother shifting with your current setup is to get a heavy aftermarket gearknob. For me the notchiness disappears as the increased momentum helps out in shifting. By heavy I mean 400g+. I currently have an 480g Razo shift knob on mine.

I had a short shifter on my sportivo before (not TRD) and the heavy gearknob made the most difference. With the stock gear knob I was using quite a bit of force to get it in. Stock gear knob is only about 220g.

Actually I would recommend most people that have the short shifter kit to invest in a heavy aftermarket gear knob. It makes a world of a difference in terms of shifting.

Edited by Suprathai

Hi, i am interested in buying one, but i live in Perth. So is the price still $269 delivered? Thanks

yep! hurry up and put ur name down

coz

BAD NEWS!

TRD Japan is out of stock of the TRD Quick Shifter Lever Set. Because I've already ordered it for Rolla_boy and Jaze55 they're about to start production but they can't tell me when exactly it's going to start or be completed.

I want to quickly order the other ones because of two reasons. Firstly TRD Japan may discontinue this product as they've run out of stock. Secondly by ordering more I hope it becomes more attractive for TRD Japan to start production without delay.

If anyone wishes to withdraw from the group buy please let me know. I will send everyone a PM in the next few days about payment. Sorry I can't tell you how long we need to wait until the goods can be shipped to you.

so guys hurry up

yo xploshun,

Would this short shifter be able to shift in the same pattern as the stock? (like 6 gears in the Sportivo). The reason i'm asking is b/c what if a non-sportivo orders one (i.e: ascent with only 5 gears)? will it still work for theirs?

Curious, thats all. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

I've got one and it is one of the best mods you can get after the cai. I haven't noticed any difference in terms of smooth shifting from the factory shifter. The throw is definitely shortened and it sits slightly lower than factory. I'm not exactly built like a tank, so if I can shift with no problems, believe me anyone can. You really notice the difference when taking off at the lights, and your already in second, whilst other people are still shifting...

Yep I'm definately in :)

--EDIT--

Noticed after posting that there was the link to the other thread. Registered and posted the order in there ^_^

Edited by Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Just driven a sportivo with a quick shift and it freaken feels mad :yahoo: .. Gotta get one for my levin..

Count me in for the next TRD Quick Shifter GB...

Just driven a sportivo with a quick shift and it freaken feels mad :yahoo: .. Gotta get one for my levin..

more detail more detail :spiteful:

more detail more detail :spiteful:

By a tap of your finger, you can change the gear. It's so smooth, and easy.... It's a must have and it's a :toast:

EOI: anyone know anyone selling a facelift Sportivo? Lift feels awesome.... I'm missing out hard...