New Skyline!

$160,000 for a porsche. You'd only get one of those porsches that look good for that. what'd be the point when you can get a car that's half the price of a 911 yet much quicker and user friendly. I'd so choose the GTR over any of that crap. why would they drop the price. Look at the price of the previous GTR. and look at the amount of engineering that's gone into this one. I'm a fan of anything that can embarrass a porsche that much.

yeah bt porsche has prestige to it....its name jst says it all...u dont here ppl saying wow its a nissan....u hear ppl saying...WOW that dude has a porsche....i mean yeah the GTR is a fast car....but porsche has class to it.....

yeah bt porsche has prestige to it....its name jst says it all...u dont here ppl saying wow its a nissan....u hear ppl saying...WOW that dude has a porsche....i mean yeah the GTR is a fast car....but porsche has class to it.....

and extra 70 grand (minimum) of it?? <_<

If you were all concerned about class, you wouldnt be 'ricing' your cars...

yes ppl wont be saying "wow its a nissan" they will be saying "WOW ITS A GTR :o :o :o :o "

When ppl think GTR they don't really relate it to the other sh!tty nissan models, just like Evos with crappy Mitsubishi and 900hp Supras with soft cars from Toyota :P

yes ppl wont be saying "wow its a nissan" they will be saying "WOW ITS A GTR :o :o :o :o "

When ppl think GTR they don't really relate it to the other sh!tty nissan models, just like Evos with crappy Mitsubishi and 900hp Supras with soft cars from Toyota :P

exactly.....

i know i wont be looking at a crappy boxster or cayman... if theres a R35 parked next to it..

boxster.... pfffft.. only chix will dig it... id rather look at a civic R :s

but if its a GT3 and stuff.. thats another story...

Edited by XploShun

the GTR have a very advanced technology and very classy interior, leather all around the dash and quality fit and finish, which makes it justifiable for its $160k asking price. Yes, you can read this in Wheels magazin, and judging from the pictures of GTR album magazine my friend bought from Japan, they got to be kidding it only cost around AUD $80k in its homeland. This car no longer looks cheap inside and out.

However, when you attend bar session, one with those who can really afford prestigous brand or the so called heritage class kind of car, showing your GT-R key next to some one who shows his Porsche key (regardless which model) would be no contest in my opinion. Sure you can say your car is faster, but these crowd don't measure car by its performance alone. Hell, maybe most of them don't even care about spec stats. And the babes don't dig it either.

A similar story is Audi R8 and 911. You just need to know, Porsche have heritage with its 911. And thats what carried the brand name, regardless of which model you buy. I'll let the marketing professionals explain.

But if you talk to sports enthusiast who admire performance cars, the GTR would have favor in that crowd.

As for me, well, $160k is big money, maybe I'll walk into BMW showroom and get me an M3 :)

Edited by DANZZT231

the GTR have a very advanced technology and very classy interior, leather all around the dash and quality fit and finish, which makes it justifiable for its $160k asking price. Yes, you can read this in Wheels magazin, and judging from the pictures of GTR album magazine my friend bought from Japan, they got to be kidding it only cost around AUD $80k in its homeland. This car no longer looks cheap inside and out.

However, when you attend bar session, one with those who can really afford prestigous brand or the so called heritage class kind of car, showing your GT-R key next to some one who shows his Porsche key (regardless which model) would be no contest in my opinion. Sure you can say your car is faster, but these crowd don't measure car by its performance alone. Hell, maybe most of them don't even care about spec stats. And the babes don't dig it either.

A similar story is Audi R8 and 911. You just need to know, Porsche have heritage with its 911. And thats what carried the brand name, regardless of which model you buy. I'll let the marketing professionals explain.

But if you talk to sports enthusiast who admire performance cars, the GTR would have favor in that crowd.

As for me, well, $160k is big money, maybe I'll walk into BMW showroom and get me an M3 :)

Well said. It's all about target market relevance. But the R35 is not exactly a high volume production car so there will always be enthusiasts out there that want one. Mind you, the low volume vs. the money spent on R&D is what's driving the price of this car so high. ($80K AUD over in Japan! are you kidding? I want to move to Japan :lol: )

yes it cost around AUD $80k - not sure for which grade.

I am waiting to see if there is gearbox problem. User sometimes mistaken this gearbox as automatic, but really it needs to be operated like manual in particular during downshifting.

Oh man, missed the selespeed from Alfa.

yes it cost around AUD $80k - not sure for which grade.

I am waiting to see if there is gearbox problem. User sometimes mistaken this gearbox as automatic, but really it needs to be operated like manual in particular during downshifting.

Oh man, missed the selespeed from Alfa.

Good call on the M3 action - I'd be drifting along side you as well, if I had the $160 odd K. That's an M3 and a house deposit no worries :toast:

It's never too late to own an Alfa Dan :toast: DO IT! Surely they must of depreciated enough to be affordable? :P

hmmm, i'm into something else at the moment and it really isn't the time for me to spend on car.

But I would want 156 GTA for my first Sedan and thats my next target within 3 years. I don't care if its an old car by then.

My friend just picked up a Evo 8 for around the mid $40k mark. It's mean looking car =) turbo lag is non existant but the gear revs out too quickly, you need to change gears every 2.5seconds hehe. I could get into serious trouble with one of those. after the Evo8, I suddently felt the urge to go for a spurt on my bike. hehe

has any one here seen the new GTR in person????

it's a monster!!!! photo's don't do any justice!!!

i saw it at the motor show in melbourne, ( the GTR made the new mit's EVO X look like a toy!!!!)

before seeing it $160k seemed abit much, especily for an entery level car.. (Vspec will be looking at the $225k mark)

but after seeing it, i would consider it if i had that kind of money laying around...

IMO i would almost buy the new GTR instead of the Ferrari F430.... but the F430 comes convertible, so it takes the win...

but i love the idea of a near perfect weight balance of 52/48, and a AWD that drives like a RWD...

i know not everyone's not going to like it but thats my opion

has any one here seen the new GTR in person????

it's a monster!!!! photo's don't do any justice!!!

i saw it at the motor show in melbourne, ( the GTR made the new mit's EVO X look like a toy!!!!)

before seeing it $160k seemed abit much, especily for an entery level car.. (Vspec will be looking at the $225k mark)

but after seeing it, i would consider it if i had that kind of money laying around...

IMO i would almost buy the new GTR instead of the Ferrari F430.... but the F430 comes convertible, so it takes the win...

but i love the idea of a near perfect weight balance of 52/48, and a AWD that drives like a RWD...

i know not everyone's not going to like it but thats my opion

actually, now that i think of it, $160 is a fair asking price considering what Honda asked for it's NSX. Also considering BMW wanted around the $100K for it's 330Ci back in the day (and that wasn't even top of the range), i guess it's fair. The GTR has a more established herritage than the NSX (at the time of release)....so fair enough I say. Too bad i forgot the PIN number for the key card with $160K in it. :lol::lol::lol:

The GTR is better known than we all gave it credit for. I was at the motor show and I was listening to this old white guy who looks like he lives in the world of Euro sports cars, he was telling his wife all about the "Godzilla" and was listing its specs and how the old one surprised everyone at the track when it first came out. Methinks he was one of those people that got beaten in a race by one lol. But yea he was kinda the last person I expected to be a fan.

• 2 weeks later...

i seen the GTR at the Adelaide motor show and i fell in love.

they look insane in the flesh.

i also read that the GPS in it, limits the speed when you are on the road and then soon as you get on the racetrack, it takes the limiter off BUT. Voids the warranty.

Crazy stuff.

I'd take one over a Porsche any day.

there are a few here in perth already but i know they are not allowed to be driven on the roads as of yet?? correct me if im wrong.. that didnt stop them. was one at the drags too found the video on you tube :D

• 1 month later...

yeah i've seen an article about steve jone's GT-R in either the motor or wheels magazine...forget which one it was... they were feeding it 98RON just fine!~ =D machinee.....

and extra 70 grand (minimum) of it?? <_<

If you were all concerned about class, you wouldnt be 'ricing' your cars...

LOL whats with you and the word "rice"

just because ur car is stock as a rock

160K is worth the money, the engineering and performance to eat most Supercars makes it a supercar in its self, What other production car at that price could perform as good, I know that the new 911 is on the horizon and BMW's CSL could be a hit, but only time will tell,

Remember Porche is for the name, exclusivity, and pick up chicks on a regular basis. on a tecnical perspective GTR wins hands down.

160K is worth the money, the engineering and performance to eat most Supercars makes it a supercar in its self, What other production car at that price could perform as good, I know that the new 911 is on the horizon and BMW's CSL could be a hit, but only time will tell,

Remember Porche is for the name, exclusivity, and pick up chicks on a regular basis. on a tecnical perspective GTR wins hands down.

Agree.. Price for Value..