Headers for 2ZZGE

Hi fellow TOCAU members,

I have been doing some research on headers availible for our 2ZZGE corollas, thought I would just post up what I have found including pictures for anyone that is interested.

TRD: Similar to the stock headers, just with longer primary pipes. Gains expected in top end power

CONE: Im not to sure about these. Im looking at rollamods for answers in regards to these headers, I think they are a 4-1 design from the picture.

CES: These items are just the stock headers ported and polished with HPC coat. Gains expected in low to mid range power

Just a quick question to those with the TRD headers, is that little square hole in the headers for air injection?? I cannot see one in the C-one headers.

If someone has a picture of the CES headers please post them up so I can add it. I cannot find the old CES thread with the pictures.

post-640-1193661844_thumb.jpg

post-640-1193661849_thumb.jpg

Edited by JAZE55

there are a few more options as well...

give me 5 and I'll post them all up :)

the little 'square hole' you describe is for the heat shield I believe.

The CES ones don't look that exciting, they look exactly the same as the TRD and the standard ones.

Edited by MR22ZZ

u missed kebab performance 2zzge headers ...... guaranteed 25kw & 50nm @ the wheels :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

n.b. actual results may vary on a case by case basis .... also the cat might need cleaning on a regular basis due to clogging by garlic sauce

u missed kebab performance 2zzge headers ...... guaranteed 25kw & 50nm @ the wheels :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

n.b. actual results may vary on a case by case basis .... also the cat might need cleaning on a regular basis due to clogging by garlic sauce

But the smell from the exhaust is just unbearable :P

Gotta love the small print! You can smuggle loaded kebabs in the pipes...

I can just see it: Order 1 header, get 4 kebabs FREE (while stocks last) :)

Pretty sure I have answered this question before but what the hell I'll do it again LOL.

CES are stock headers ported and HPC coated. Gains are in the low to mid range and will also make a difference top end.

TRD headers. Identical to stock with slightly larger diameter primary pipes. Gains are minimual and prolly more top end than anywhere else in the rev range. Best to used with the TRD stroker kit or internal engine work(cams, porting etc etc) But for price CES option is good bang for buck.

Weapon R headers and some of the other headers from the states will have differeing reports depending on who you talk to. Newcelica.org members certainly have tested them and all the info you need will be on there. Boosted2.0 on newcelica is the one who first started porting headers about the same time CES did. In some of his posts you will find dyno comparisons and all the info needed to make a decision to suit you.

Just remember most of the US headers nedd you to remove the cat convertor which is not a smart thing to do cause if you get caught it's a hell of a big fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Would headers and a larger pipe to the cat make any difference performance wise???

I saw that the sportivo's already have a 2.25" pipe standard. Shouldn't that be plenty???

Only asking this question as i am thinking of buying a sportivo and i am trying to see how much power they can make but one thing i don't want is exhaust noise. So if i can keep the exhaust standard but change the headers to the cat, it would be good.

Doing this on my gze made substantial gains which is why i'm asking.

Would headers and a larger pipe to the cat make any difference performance wise???

I saw that the sportivo's already have a 2.25" pipe standard. Shouldn't that be plenty???

Only asking this question as i am thinking of buying a sportivo and i am trying to see how much power they can make but one thing i don't want is exhaust noise. So if i can keep the exhaust standard but change the headers to the cat, it would be good.

Doing this on my gze made substantial gains which is why i'm asking.

wont do much just do the whole exhaust..

The standard cat on the sportivo is extremely efficient, there is minimal gains to be had there. People have tried and it's not worth the money spent. The headers though. There have been very good gains made by people machining the ports to better match the outlets from the head and generally improving the flow of the standard headers. They are a good design so little needs ot be changed in that respect but the flow can certainly be improved which is where the gains can be made.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was looking for more headers and found that Weapon R has released a new STREET header for the 2zz, which actually gives very good gains.

I have also attached a dyno sheet, it shows a healthy increase in the midrange. Do not mistake this for the Weapon R Race headers which have been shown to lose top end power. I got this from newcelica.org, everyone there was quite skeptical, but a customer car was dynoed and proven gains seen. The dyno shows only up to 7800rpm, but this is due to the test celica car being rev limited. Different year model celicas in the US have differnt rev limits, like in AUS. I would like to see an independent dyno done not one done by Weapon R, just to make 100% sure that this actually works unlike their crappy race header.

This header is also on special for US$175 plus shipping might be just over US$300. Damn looks pretty bang for buck.

post-640-1195395841_thumb.jpg

post-640-1195395865_thumb.jpg

post-640-1195395898_thumb.jpg

post-640-1195395934_thumb.jpg

Edited by JAZE55

i know this is a stupid question but i gotta ask. if i was to get headers. lets say TRD or any other brand will they bolt straight onto my stocky exhaust or will i have to redo the whole system at the same time. cause im thinking of buying headers now and doing the exhaust from CES when i drive upto QLD soon. i know they post there exhaust but id rather have them put it on and im goin to QLD for family. thanks

i know this is a stupid question but i gotta ask. if i was to get headers. lets say TRD or any other brand will they bolt straight onto my stocky exhaust or will i have to redo the whole system at the same time. cause im thinking of buying headers now and doing the exhaust from CES when i drive upto QLD soon. i know they post there exhaust but id rather have them put it on and im goin to QLD for family. thanks

the majority of headers will bolt up to stock system but some of the US ones wont as they require removing the mid section and cat convertor and relocating the cat. If you are coming up to Qld and are going to get CES to do your cat back then ask and see if they will do a deal on both the cat back and the headers as it is easy to do when the exhaust is off the car.

As for weapon R headers they showed dyno sheets of their "race" headers making gains as well but when independently tested nobody really got the same results.....

the majority of headers will bolt up to stock system but some of the US ones wont as they require removing the mid section and cat convertor and relocating the cat. If you are coming up to Qld and are going to get CES to do your cat back then ask and see if they will do a deal on both the cat back and the headers as it is easy to do when the exhaust is off the car.

As for weapon R headers they showed dyno sheets of their "race" headers making gains as well but when independently tested nobody really got the same results.....

Yeah the Weapon R street headers are a unique design, like you silvabullit I question if they actually perform.

Are our stock headers are 4-2-1? They look like 4-1.

The stock headers are 4-2-1. Where you see the pipes collect at the flange the mid pipe section is actually divided into 2 sections. So while it looks like one big pipe it is actually 2 half pipes inside that re fed each by 2 cylinders. It is an effective way to do it and also where space is at a premuim. the divider in the mid pipe is about 500 mm odd long.

So while the actual headers look like 4 -1 they are paired to feed each side of the divided section in the mid pipe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 13 years later...