TOCAU 2009 CALENDER round II (lets try this again)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Maybe we should get people to start compiling Photos now in hopes that by the time 2009 is coming up we will have a large selection so we could try this again but make it to the voting round?

Perhaps I will stick my hand up to compile the pics and then stick the pics up in November or so. Unless a Mod wants this one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have been speaking to yoshi who has kinda lifted his hand to arranging the media for the 2009 calender seeing as the 2008 one failed. so i will edit the title of this thread and ppl please keep the HIGH quality pics coming. we will have a vote at the end of october those selected will be fixed up by yosh and then submitted for printing

thread has been cleaned up and ready to roll. please no discussion theres a thread for that ...thanks!!

Got an idea which the mods may consider. Since finding 12 top quality pictures may be a tough task and difficult to pick, how bout we divide it up to states? QLD, NSW, VIC and WA - (ACT can find a state to combine with) so each state only needs to summit their 3 best pictures to represent themselves. Since theres only 3 pictures per state, each picture can be a collage of 2 or 4 pictures or crops for a single month as well as group shots.

Think this way we can get a clearer representation of the tocau members nationwide.

Got an idea which the mods may consider. Since finding 12 top quality pictures may be a tough task and difficult to pick, how bout we divide it up to states? QLD, NSW, VIC and WA - (ACT can find a state to combine with) so each state only needs to summit their 3 best pictures to represent themselves. Since theres only 3 pictures per state, each picture can be a collage of 2 or 4 pictures or crops for a single month as well as group shots.

Think this way we can get a clearer representation of the tocau members nationwide.

sounds like a good idea :D

mate i think your genius.. :toast::clap:

• 2 weeks later...

I have spoken to 2 printing places which have said that this would be quite easy and one of them gave me a rough indication of price, which I will wait until I get a better idea of before spreading it about.

One of the guys I spoke to was from a place that did a digital database setup and said it would be very possible for us to personalize each calendar. That would lift costs up a bit, however it would add one huge advantage - We could all have the same photos throughout the calendar and have our own car featured on the front or in the centre, perhaps a double page pic.

If we can get the ball rolling and start to get some of the planning out of the way I can discuss further with the printing place and get an estimate on the price per unit and find out how many numbers we would be ordering.

I will try to piece a few more things together over the next few days, but I am flat out at work, am about to move and am planning a holiday.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...