damo's ae82 twinky

damo101

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah its definitely a hit below the belt. there is the most smallest crack on the drives side of the windscreen.. you cant even see it when your driving. and my tyres, well yeah they were bald. at least now its a chance for me to engineer it all (possibly even the coil overs as well) my boss is good to me, i get it done for free :P

yeah its definitely a hit below the belt. there is the most smallest crack on the drives side of the windscreen.. you cant even see it when your driving. and my tyres, well yeah they were bald. at least now its a chance for me to engineer it all (possibly even the coil overs as well) my boss is good to me, i get it done for free :P

That's good then I guess.

I probably need to see when your free coz I have a few parts to put on ;)

I finally got mine off :D

• 2 weeks later...
Looking real sweet mate!

How'd the meeting with the engineer go?

the boss is the engineer ;) and it went good. windscreen hopefully tomorrow, was ment to be today but he didnt show :( and now i need a new muffler. the other one falling apart inside out.

Looking real sweet mate!

the boss is the engineer ;) and it went good. windscreen hopefully tomorrow, was ment to be today but he didnt show :( and now i need a new muffler. the other one falling apart inside out.

that's really handy because it cost me $300 to get the engineer to look at it and send me the certificate. But I had to fill out a modification permit that the pits gave me and then part of that was to get the engineers certificate.

Looking real sweet mate!

that's really handy because it cost me $300 to get the engineer to look at it and send me the certificate. But I had to fill out a modification permit that the pits gave me and then part of that was to get the engineers certificate.

i wonder if i should get the permit and do that first before taking the car over for the yellow sticker then, or do it all when im down there?

btw, how is your seca going jayrome?/

Looking real sweet mate!

i wonder if i should get the permit and do that first before taking the car over for the yellow sticker then, or do it all when im down there?

btw, how is your seca going jayrome?/

go to the pits first and come out with a shopping list of things :P they will probably tell you to fill out a modification permit as the engine is now supercharged. You fill out the permit and send it in, they then send you back a letter requesting an engineer's report for things that they list in the letter. I upgraded the front brakes and engineer had to check that was all good, make sure the speedo reads correctly and all this other crap.

Your advantage is that you know the engineer and are getting it done for free so it may not matter which order you do it in, whether you get him to engineer the engine being in your car or wait until you get to the pits and see if they even say anything about it.

my seca is still without an engine, but fingers crossed next week the engine bay should be painted and engine put in. Im hoping in the next 2 - 3 week it'll all be done, after that i'll still need to tune the stinger EMS and get new wheels

• 3 weeks later...
i always wanted to take the door protector strips to give the car a much smoother look so i bit the the bullet.yesterday was pretty much just getting the black adhesive strip off and to day i removed the glue.

th_IMG_2002.jpg

th_IMG_2009.jpg

th_IMG_2011.jpg

th_IMG_2008.jpg

th_IMG_2007.jpg

th_IMG_2006.jpg

glue removal..i tried Acetone, Wax and Grease remover and Methylated spirits.out of the 3 the Metho was the best to remove the glue.what it looked like after (still need to cut and polish) :

th_DSCF0094.jpg

th_DSCF0093.jpg

hi i am doin an ae82 up and i was wondering with the moulds on the side what is holding them on cause i want to remove them clean them and put them back

• 9 months later...