Do u guys really like the new corolla

i got the levin sx regret getting it lovely car so much room, sound system hectic i got a sub sounds much better, pretty quick wished i got the levin zr im thinking of selling and buying the zr is that a worthy swap or should i just stick to what i have, only reason i want the zr is because it has HID, a nicer dash and all those extra features one thing im upset about is a levin with no climate control thumbs down on that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I encountered great difficulty trying to decipher the first half section of your rant..

Anyway, i think the look of the new corolla sedan is sh!t.. the new corolla hatch looks so pansy and to top it off, the back lights are especially sh!t.

That is all. :blink:

sorry ill make it more clear as i have bought the new corolla levin sx auto i have second doubts about it been almost 4 months since purchase i am considering to sell it as it is not giving me all the options that the levin zr has such as climate control, more functional dash, HID lights and etc.... so what are your thoughts about this is it worth the selling of my car to buy a zr or should i keep the current model that i have, im confused on if its really the same thing

Edited by SWTIVO

sorry id have to agree with the boys on that one..not a fan of the new corollas hatches which are a bit too egg shaped or rounded for my liking. apparently it makes it look more euro haha

with the sx and zr the price difference is 4k

Levin SX $25,500

Levin ZR $29,500

I wouldnt be able to justify paying 4k for HID,climate control and other small extras

my two cents worth ^_^

id contact toyota to ask how much it would cost to install those components you so desparately want and compare the price based on the total price difference you get for trading up to it.

but you should really be content with what you got.. its not good 2 always think about what the other person has or focus on what you dont have.

so you should be really think about yourself and not your car. lol

im doctor phil now...

ive gone through similar issues with me wanting to get a sportivo after finding out there WAS a difference between the conquest engine and the sportivo 1. but yea make the most of what youve got.. or if you got the money and dont want to change the way you think about things, then trade up.

Edited by JJCRU23R

Toyota, on a massive whole, are letting car enthusiasts down. No decent Corolla so far after the sportivo, pathetic after sales service*, and to top it off they will most likely NOT be releasing this mysterious new gen. Supra here (oh suprise).

*A member here had his aerial disintergrate to pieces due to faulty fitting and they wouldn't replace something as small as that. Pathetic.

yeah i really dont like the look of the new rollas...even tho they say its their hottest corolla i think its quite ugly....the old skool corollas are the best looking by far...from 1988-2000 i think those models were better looking...i think the one they made after the 2000 generation looks too much like an echo and the recent one looks like the mix of the yaris and echo...IMO the echo and yaris r the most hideous cars toyota ever made....lol

i think the one they made after the 2000 generation looks too much like an echo and the recent one looks like the mix of the yaris and echo...IMO the echo and yaris r the most hideous cars toyota ever made....lol

They don't look like an echo when they have a kit, grille, eyelids and dumped on jdm rims >.>

If anything I thought the back of them was very Golf like.

thanks guys fair enough i paid 28k for my auto levin sx drive away that included all extras mats for front and back all the protective plastic and metallic paint also after the sale they **** u up they start to introduce u on more extras like paint protection and rust proofing i got that done for 1k from 1.5k and i got toyota insurance and road side insurance was 1.3k comprehensive and road side around 200 for 3 years i think all up was exactly 32k this was about 4 months ago

Personally, I think the hatch is a bit "meh", rear end looks too similar to the old one and the front is just a pumped Yaris. Sedan on the other hand is heaps better, best sedan since the AE102 (which was the best looking sedan since the KE55, and no I'm not biased :P)

I like the new rolla hatch better then the older ones. The interior is lot nicers then the old plastic interior. Exterior design aint too bad. Bit euro, but like it that way.

BTW, you got ripped hard for your after sales thing. if you try to sell your SX, dont think you'll get any higher then $25k and you'll pay more then $4000 now to do a change over.

Nah, we loved our ZZE-122R Ultima hatch, but the new Rolla just didn't appeal to us, espeically in the looks department. We might have considered one if they'd brought it out with VSC and either the 2.4 2AZ-FE or 3.5 2GR-FE. The 1.8 is just too gutless, even if Toyota have made a fancy new dual VVT-i 2ZR-FE (which btw, should have a LOT more power and torque). We went down the 3 door Golf GTI DSG path, and we haven't looked back! :D

I guess it appeals more to the girls they are in love with it the guys are like whatever lol but then again like everyone says its only 100kw and all the models have the same engine so there is no real difference in them all. I guess Toyota thought there was no need to do anything like that due to the domination in the markets they know people would still buy it so they don't care i give it a few years before the other car companies catch up like hyundia with their i30 looks so much like a corolla lol interior and exterior and that has almost in all models climate control is available.

Id like to see the next Corolla with:

- Reduce weight (ala Mazda's gram for gram analysis)

- and/or 2.0L engine with better low-end torque response

- Multilink rear suspension

- A sport model for hot hatch entry

- 5-speed automatic transmission with tiptronic

Likelihood of this happening ........ ZERO !!!!!!!!!

Likelihood of this happening ........ ZERO !!!!!!!!!

I dont think an extra gear on the auto is a huge ask and a more sophisticated suspension is already in use in other parts around the world.