Spotted - National

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

saw a black corolla ascent TTR parked inside Canberra Centre,left, lvl 1, Cvic, around 6pm,

plate YRD-***

Did some googling on TTR, seems its a sportivo look for a ascent.

?

Edited by fad

saw a black corolla ascent TTR parked inside Canberra Centre,left, lvl 1, Cvic, around 6pm,

plate YRD-***

?

Pretty much, it was TMC's way of making an Ascent look like a Sportivo, minus the good gear....like lift & leather :P

From what I remember, it was an Ascent with Alloy Wheels, Rear Wing and a badge....

plate YRD-***

?

Pretty much, it was TMC's way of making an Ascent look like a Sportivo, minus the good gear....like lift & leather :P

From what I remember, it was an Ascent with Alloy Wheels, Rear Wing and a badge....

You're correct there Azza ... I think the success of that particular model was what prompted Toyota to do the current Ascent Sport, which seems to have been a popular move on their part.

This was my Sunday

Departed my house about 9am, to go and get some coffee, doughnuts and a newspaper and saw a mass array of Sportivo’s around my area.

1 - Turning Left from Pine River drive Murrumba Downs onto Dohles Rocks Road, I had a Blue Pre-Facelift sitting next to me at the lights.

2 - As I turned left, there was the Champagne coloured Post-Facelift sitting at the lights on Dohles Rocks Road waiting to turn right into Pine River Drive.

3 - Sitting at the lights to turn off Bray’s Road Murrumba Downs turning right onto Anzac Avenue, I spotted a white Pre-Facelift go past heading east along Anzac Avenue.

4 - While then travelling east along Anzac Avenue, waiting at the lights on Anzac Avenue waiting to turn right onto the Bruce Highway Northbound was a Red Pre-Facelift.

5 - 7-11 Rothwell, I pulled into the servo and there was a black Pre-Facelift at the bowser.

Then later on yesterday, I was cruising around with my wife, and saw the following:

6 - Whilst sitting in Maccas Albany Creek, a Champagne Post-Facelift westbound along Albany Creek Road.

7 - Sitting at the lights on Gympie Road Caseldine turning right onto Linkfield Road was a blue Pre-Facelift heading north behind me.

8 - While heading north along Norris Road Bracken Ridge, a black Pre-Facelift turned off Bracken Ridge Road and headed south along Norris Road…..

Wow - 9 Sportivos in 2 trips in 1 day, and it wasn’t even a cruise….

I saw lots of corollas, when I went for a drive to Sydney.

nothing that stood out. A few levins ascents etc.

What i did see, I parked in the high rise parking next to UTS, corner of quay st and thomas st, about 4-6pm on Sunday. I parked next to a WRX, i think MY02 and it had its passenger window fully down. :rolleyes:

This was my Sunday

Departed my house about 9am, to go and get some coffee, doughnuts and a newspaper and saw a mass array of Sportivo’s around my area.

1 - Turning Left from Pine River drive Murrumba Downs onto Dohles Rocks Road, I had a Blue Pre-Facelift sitting next to me at the lights.

2 - As I turned left, there was the Champagne coloured Post-Facelift sitting at the lights on Dohles Rocks Road waiting to turn right into Pine River Drive.

3 - Sitting at the lights to turn off Bray’s Road Murrumba Downs turning right onto Anzac Avenue, I spotted a white Pre-Facelift go past heading east along Anzac Avenue.

4 - While then travelling east along Anzac Avenue, waiting at the lights on Anzac Avenue waiting to turn right onto the Bruce Highway Northbound was a Red Pre-Facelift.

5 - 7-11 Rothwell, I pulled into the servo and there was a black Pre-Facelift at the bowser.

Then later on yesterday, I was cruising around with my wife, and saw the following:

6 - Whilst sitting in Maccas Albany Creek, a Champagne Post-Facelift westbound along Albany Creek Road.

7 - Sitting at the lights on Gympie Road Caseldine turning right onto Linkfield Road was a blue Pre-Facelift heading north behind me.

8 - While heading north along Norris Road Bracken Ridge, a black Pre-Facelift turned off Bracken Ridge Road and headed south along Norris Road…..

Wow - 9 Sportivos in 2 trips in 1 day, and it wasn’t even a cruise….

Azza how can you remember all the Stivos you saw? (even the color/pre/post facelift :blink:) Did you write them down everytime you see one pass by or something :P

Azza how can you remember all the Stivos you saw? (even the color/pre/post facelift  :blink:)  Did you write them down everytime you see one pass by or something  :P

When you know the area back to front and have a keen interest in what else is on the road, then remembering the what & where is easy...

I actually came home and emailed them to myself at work so I could post it on Monday....

Hi peepz,

Thought of dropping by to say a BIG hullo to ya'all. Just got me a 2004 Corolla Sportivo this week and am happily packing little punches on the streets of Melbourne. This cute lil car performs not bad at all. Anyway, anyone here from the Garden State? :-)

Cheers!

Kelvin

;)

Hi peepz,

Thought of dropping by to say a BIG hullo to ya'all. Just got me a 2004 Corolla Sportivo this week and am happily packing little punches on the streets of Melbourne. This cute lil car performs not bad at all. Anyway, anyone here from the Garden State? :-)

Cheers!

Kelvin

;)

Hey there! the pic u got up...is that the Stivo from Lemans Toyota? if so i had a test drive of that....but decided to go brand new 05 instead...

anyhoo...that red stivo is a sweet one!! good BUY!!!

where in melb are you from?

Seen Red Sprotivo on Gympy rd . Chermside. It was parked in front of the fast food store. Car was lowed, clean and had personal plates that goes like AZZXX. Pretty shmick looking tivo  :D

I saw it too but didn't like the wheels though.... :P

Hi peepz,

Cheers!

Kelvin

;)

Hey there! the pic u got up...is that the Stivo from Lemans Toyota? if so i had a test drive of that....but decided to go brand new 05 instead...

Hiya! By the way...I did not get your name....

LOL yea...it is the one from Lemans Toyota. Oh no, don't tell me there's something wrong with it that made you buy a new one instead??? Care to tell me why you bought a new one instead?

Well, for me, I thought if I buy a new one....it will immediately depreciate, so I thought...what the heck, just buy a near new one and at a better price (which I squeezed it out of the dealer..heh heh). Actually, I wanted to get a Celica but saw the condition of that car and said....NO WAY! So, I spotted the Sportivo and checked it inside out and test drive it....seems to be in excellent condition. So there you go...the long and short of my car purchase history. LOL

So, which part of Melbourne do you hail from? :)

Kelvin

Hi peepz,

Cheers!

Kelvin

;)

LOL yea...it is the one from Lemans Toyota. Oh no, don't tell me there's something wrong with it that made you buy a new one instead??? Care to tell me why you bought a new one instead?

Well, for me, I thought if I buy a new one....it will immediately depreciate, so I thought...what the heck, just buy a near new one and at a better price (which I squeezed it out of the dealer..heh heh). Actually, I wanted to get a Celica but saw the condition of that car and said....NO WAY! So, I spotted the Sportivo and checked it inside out and test drive it....seems to be in excellent condition. So there you go...the long and short of my car purchase history. LOL

Kelvin

Khuong's my name....

LoL dude....nothing wrong with the car...was in good condition....Just wanted a new car thass why...when i went to enquire about the new car...they assumed i was there to check out the used one...so i thought why not test it...after the test i told them i wanted new not used...LOL...anyways...i liked the look of the Face lift model as well and the 6 disc MP3 player....and the price they wanted for you car ....pfft.... i was better off getting a new car.

How much did you end up paying for it? from memory...they wanted $24000....

I'm from Mill Park dude...where are you?

Hi peepz,

Cheers!

Kelvin

;)

Kelvin

Khuong's my name....

LoL dude....nothing wrong with the car...was in good condition....Just wanted a new car thass why...when i went to enquire about the new car...they assumed i was there to check out the used one...so i thought why not test it...after the test i told them i wanted new not used...LOL...anyways...i liked the look of the Face lift model as well and the 6 disc MP3 player....and the price they wanted for you car ....pfft.... i was better off getting a new car.

Hi Khuong,

Yea, new is alwiz good. LOL pardon my silly ignorance but is there any Face Lift difference between the 2004 and the 2005 model? haha...the only difference I can see is that they have placed the SPORTIVO badges differently. For the 2004 they have place it on the side skirtings whereas for the 2005, I think they have placed it on the doors and the rear.

Hey, just wanted to know where I can change my bee sting antenna for a shorter one. CRAP! My fregging garage door is automated and it opens upwards till a certain level and my car's antenna always hits the door whether it is going in and out. I guess I need a shorter one if not I will always be exiting my car to adjust the crappy garage door....so beats the purpose of having it automated rite and even worse if it is raining. Know any place where I can get it changed or I am able to buy it off Autobarn and change it by myself? Haha....any recommendations? For me, I hail from Caulfield. :-)

Kelvin

:)

Hi peepz,

Cheers!

Kelvin

;)

millpark hey mate im in hurstbridge mate.

amazing i havnt seen you or more to the point ya havnt seen me.

Kelvin

Khuong's my name....