Too Scared Change gears now.

Freakster

Hey there Friends..

I have a problem, i dont know if this is bad or good... but i dont want to do it, anyways..

I Clutch into gear 1. as a normal driver should... to start to go...

then the rest you gotta clutch in to change gears....

all the way to 6.

now. i dunno

Now, i gear onto Gear 1. as normal. then the rest, i accelerate to 40kmph, i let go of the accelerator then i shift to gear 2 without having to clutch, same deal with 3rd forth, and 5th and 6th gear.

has anyone? got this problem? i have a mate that has had this as well on a 5th Gen Prelude..

hmm.. seems that the gears just slipped into gear, my cluch isnt worn as well. no slippage.

Hey there Friends..

I have a problem, i dont know if this is bad or good... but i dont want to do it, anyways..

all the way to 6.

now. i dunno

Now, i gear onto Gear 1. as normal. then the rest, i accelerate to 40kmph, i let go of the accelerator then i shift to gear 2 without having to clutch, same deal with 3rd forth, and 5th and 6th gear.

has anyone? got this problem? i have a mate that has had this as well on a 5th Gen Prelude..

hmm.. seems that the gears just slipped into gear, my cluch isnt worn as well. no slippage.

I don't understand the problem. Your gearbox is supposed to be able to do that - it's not very good for the synchros in the gear box though, so don't do it. The clutch is simply there to disconnect your engine from your drive train, this makes changing gears easier and takes the engine load off the gears while you're shifting.

I'm confused as well :\

has anyone? got this problem?

Holy **** it's William Shatner!

My fren shifts like that..he changes gear without using the clutch...all he does is push it lightly into the gear he wants to engage..n then he knows when to push it in..n its so smooth..no crunching or whatever..it just goes in quietly n continue driving..all u have to do is know the timing when to push it in...

I think its not good for the car thou cos its not designed to be used like this

my fren says that if ur car is going fast enough you can change gears without clutching[ with no problem ], and that most van's are like that ?

LOL maybe u fkd something up aye ?

but anyways LOL im gunna test that theory out tonight

Edited by mrs.sportivo

my bf says that if ur car is going fast enough you can change gears without clutching[ with no problem ], and that most van's are like that ?

LOL maybe u fkd something up aye ?

i wouldnt be in a hurry to test the theory. wait till another guine pig come along.

Theeee Synchroooo Boaaaatttt

Synchrooooo's, exciting and newwww

Come on innnnnn. We're expecting youuuuuuuu.

Synchrooooo's, the gearboxes sweetest reward.

Let it shiiifftt, it shifts back to youuuuuuu.

Thankyou thankyou!

/bow

mwah, mwah

yeah, there's a narrow range in which you can change without the clutch, though I don't know how good that is for the gearbox. If you can do it at ANY rpm, that's definitely bad news for the clutch.

(QUOTE) My fren shifts like that..he changes gear without using the clutch...all he does is push it lightly into the gear he wants to engage..n then he knows when to push it in..n its so smooth..no crunching or whatever..it just goes in quietly n continue driving..all u have to do is know the timing when to push it in...

I think its not good for the car thou cos its not designed to be used like this (QUOTE)

yes that is exactly what i meant..... since all you people say its Unhealthy for the car. But i do not intention to continue doing it. neverwould in the first place. just a New Experience or New Thing i accidently found out.... That Video of the Honda guy with white face shifting, is exactly what i did,

but anyways, i relised you can only change the gears if you get it at the right RPM ONLY.

like i said it just slips in.

Well then it helps you guyz can speculate better than i can. I hope people out there dont try this. it May damage your gearbox... its better to clutch to release stress.. to shift.

I havent done it in the corolla but mum's Honda CRV is a great car to do this in, as the gear box is much more communicative than the corolla. And yeah, its the synchro's of the gearbox that absorb the rotational forces of the sudden gear change without clutching, as opposed to the clutch and the synchro's equalising the different speeds of the driveshaft and the engine. QED lol

HAhahaha.. :P depends on what is in that twisty mind of urs bro..hahaha

yeah..exactly like the video..he does it all the time..it has been like..3 years he`s been driving like that..not a prob at all..maybe not yet :P fingers crossed..lols... he just uses clutch on 1st gear to get moving..after that he just shifts em in smoothly..

oh btw ashy..dont phuck ur stivo up man :P use ur bf`s car xD

HAhahaha.. :P depends on what is in that twisty mind of urs bro..hahaha

oh yeah! trust me, my mind have more twist than Nürburgring. (easy simple guys language :) )

oh btw ashy..dont phuck ur stivo up man :P use ur bf`s car xD

think its company car, except you u have to pay for it differently...

at certain engine revs/speed the syncros line up letting you change gears, different cars different engagement points, thing is no1 really knows, coz they don't want to end up spending $$$ on a new box LOL, doesnt do damage if you do it properly however evry time the slightest crunch is damage to your syncros. i can change gears on all 3 of my cars, 88 prelude(5 spd), 89 supra(5spd short shifter), n 03 sportivo without clutch. don't ask why.... lol

yeah you just gotta match the revs and when its right it'll just slip in.

Used to practice in my old bug, i didnt have syncros :ph34r: cept in first.

good to learn in old cars incase your clutch ever breaks and your left stranded.

Gotta love the irony here... :P

This thread is started because Freakster accidentally discovers that he can change gear without the clutch.

He then finds out that this is most probably not so cool....

...not exactly 'Evolved Driving' (as per his signature) B)

driving a manual car without the clutch except in 1st?? sounds pretty evolved man LOL........ to someone who's never heard a gearbox crunch and know what it can do to your box, bet you can't gear down without clutch without crunching tho

you really can, just have to wait for car speed to match the gear you want to go into, cant drive as fast, in fact a lot of racing cars have dog- boxes that dont require clutch on up change.