Car Detailing

Just thought id let you know that Matrix carwash and cafe on Manningham Road in Bulleen (Melbourne) is good.

Had my Car washed and waxed there today..

Paint Protection the whole works :) Looks awesome.

RIMS OMG DROOL

cost me $59 plus $2.50 for a pretty average Coffee

Proper paint protection with a wash costs a lot more than $59. To let you know what you should be spending to get the right job done for the right money here's a rough guideline to follow.

Exterior wash: starts at $20 (wash,pressure clean under guards & door jams, Clean exterior windows, clean wheels and tyres, shine tyres)

Fallout clay: starts at $100 (clay bar and cleaning solution that removes overspray,industrial fallout and contaminants)

Exterior cut and polish: starts at $120 (cut and polish to remove surface defects such as scratches, swirls etc)

Carnauba wax: starts at $80 ( either in the paste or liquid form to protect paint work from elements as well as boosting gloss and depth of colour)

If you follow these steps then your car will not only look great but you will have a protective barrier on your paint from the elements and other nasties in the air.

Also you will find that your car is so easy to wash and maintain that new car look!

These prices vary depending on the condition of the car and colour. Obviously a dark coloured car takes a lot more time to get to the perfect stage due to marks being seen so easily.

Wax protection times will vary depending on whether your car is garaged, parked in the sun at work or under cover, you work in an industrial area and how often you wash it. Minimum time for wax is approximately 3 months for harsh conditions on a dark coloured car and longer for cars in gentle environments.

Hope this helps and if you want to talk to some members who I've done this to their cars then have a chat to Danthuyer or Shaohaok.

Cheers SILVABULLIT :D

If you're game enough to use that waterless car wash then you are a brave man cause I know I wouldn't and I'm in the industry. I've seen the swirls that have been put in the paint work of one of my customers cars- NASTY! The other downside of that stuff is the marks it leaves behind on rubbers if sprayed directly onto them. It etches the black out of the rubbers or plastic for that matter and turns them grey.

If you get results then great but then I only want the best for my car and for the cars that I do work on.

i would agree here with brendan ( SILLVA) if you really want the results, do it yourself with a hose and bucket,, and many other things there is also a bonus with this way you can stand back once your finished and say thats what i did and look at how sexy my car looks..

listen to SILLVA,, its his job, thats what he does ... so i'd tend to lean with what he says..

greg

you beat me by a few seconds, I added that then modified it when I saw you had posted... I really like the Enyo chamois 100% lint free.

No detergents to kill the fishies, that means more for me to catch and kill myself (or at least eat what I need and catch and release the rest) :D :D :D

Edited by Blue_Sportivo_VVTLi

Ahh!!! I'm not too worried about the fishies, I am more worried about having to rinse detergent off before the sun dries it

Biodegradable detergents my friends and also you should never wash your car in the sun. Cause if the detergent dries on your paint it can cause streaking and water spots which in some cases can be permanent. :D

Silvabullit,

Problem I have though is that from sun-up to sun-down, all possible carwashing locations at my house are in the direct sunlight (damn new estates with no trees - why can't I live in a leafy suburb like Bracken Ridge or Aspley....hehehe)

Anyway, I ususally boot the wife's car out on the street, wash mine real quick then back into the garage and chamois off....however, because I'm fat and slow, it takes ages to rinse to start with so half the car is sundried before I finishin rinsing...

Maybe I should start paying someone...(like I said, I'm lazy)

Cheers

Azz

Silvabullit,

Problem I have though is that from sun-up to sun-down, all possible carwashing locations at my house are in the direct sunlight (damn new estates with no trees - why can't I live in a leafy suburb like Bracken Ridge or Aspley....hehehe)

Anyway, I ususally boot the wife's car out on the street, wash mine real quick then back into the garage and chamois off....however, because I'm fat and slow, it takes ages to rinse to start with so half the car is sundried before I finishin rinsing...

Maybe I should start paying someone...(like I said, I'm lazy)

Cheers

Azz

We also are Enjo fans, glove and chamois, but we're also lucky enough to have a nice big carport with plenty of room and a tap & hose right there.

Not that I need worry this week ... Rolly just had her 10K/6mth service today and the lovely folks at Lexus of Brisbane gave her a clean inside and out as part of the show, very much appreciated after a busy Christmas/New Year period! :D

Hey Buddha,

What did they charge for the service (10k/6mth) at Lexus....

Also, you coming out Thursday night

Cheers

Azz

Hey Buddha,

What did they charge for the service (10k/6mth) at Lexus....

Also, you coming out Thursday night

Cheers

Azz

I've PM'd service details to you, just in case everyone rushes Lexus quoting a specific price, but suffice to say here that it was very reasonable and cheaper than some regular Toyota dealers.

As for Thursday night, no reason why not at this stage, as long as everyone remembers I'm down 41kW! :P

Hey Buddha

just get a 41kw head start and then you'll keep up no problems. But the way that Sportivo rice's car handles that won't be a problem either. :P :P

Hey Buddha

just get a 41kw head start and then you'll keep up no problems. But the way that Sportivo rice's car handles that won't be a problem either. :P  :P

I'll just make sure I'm still rolling when the lights go green ... Sportivo's have LIFT, but I have KICKDOWN :huh: