Which insurance company and how much do you pay for it?

insi

When i change over my car to new aurion touring in Dec 07 I only need to pay $40 extra from my existing car and the lady from AAMI told me it will be around $580 in July 2008 when it is due.

Now, renewal policy give me a quote for $680 for $29200 value (drop from $35000 that I quoted them earlier incl child seat, portable gps, floor mat, tint window plus driveaway) with rating one, no claim before/no accident/no theft/no modification etc.

I spoke to AAMI and the lady said the glass guide review make the insurance policy going up from May 2008. Is this true?

Question for you:

1. If your car value about $29000 to $30000 in your insurance policy, how much do you pay the premium with standard excess and what is your insurance company?

2. Is toyota aurion that bad because it is drop a lot?

3. I found from bingle and it quoted me for $540, are they ok and safe? (still under AAMI but everything online)

4. Would you mind sharing your experience claiming or service from bingle.com.au (if you have any)?

I welcome other comments or suggestions.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

1) I started my policy with AAMI in April this year. My premium is $674 for cover up to $32,500 with rating one protection and standard excess (plus my extra excess that I get for being a younger driver). That was for all the features that came standard with my car (even though you need to select them as extras when getting a quote from AAMI) and for $700 in aftermarket audio. Some further information that I had to supply when I got my quote was that my parents are with AAMI (they have been for quite some time), and I have had no accidents in the last 3 years (rating one).

Next time I get a Saturday or Sunday off, I will take their advanced drivers course which will get me a further 10% off my premium until I turn 25. I'm only turning 21 this year, so 4 years of 10% off will be better than nothing I guess. I get to do it for free as well.

2) I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean there. Do you mean like depeciation or something? Even still, I wouldn't be able to answer that.

3 & 4) I considered using Bingle, but I thought I may just stick with AAMI. Unfortunately I can't really make any comments there.

2) I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean there. Do you mean like depeciation or something? Even still, I wouldn't be able to answer that.

yes that is the depreciation and it drops a lot :(

I check my quote that I've got December 2007 and it was less than $600 but AAMI told me just use change over instead of refund me the remaining cover with my old car but now I get more expensive when trying to renew.

I don't know how they measure the premium.

You are lucky seca only $580 but if you check based on my suburb and credential it shows $960 for TRD Aurion :(

my suburb is not high risk area though.

I pay $497.00/yr with Rating 1 protection for life and replacement value of $37,500.00 through the RAA in Adelaide. I do have 2 other policies plus RAA Premium which brings it down a bit but i am 100% confident that the RAA will look after me in the event of an accident.

My wife had a large accident in her Lancer and the very next day the RAA assessor had been out to the repairer (MMAL dealer crash shop) and approved his quote without hesitation so work started in less then 24hrs from the accident!

Edited by BlueAurionSX6

oh crap

NRMA charged me $1100 for 2008 Aurion

just a few weeks ago

standard $550 excess

I am over 25

supposed to have included 65% no claim bonus already

while at CBA they also gave me a quote

it was about about twice that amount

so I thought to myself NRMA is pretty good

Crap!! :angry:

I am on NRMA and I paid $978.45 with 65% discount on my $25000 worth Aurion SX6.

Hire car cover and windscreen options are included.

I think it depends on how many years you have driven and your age.

Maybe I am getting AAMI next year. :angry:

Edited by JIN

I think we will find that there is a huge difference in Insurance Premiums depending on where you live. I think all you guys who live in other states besides NSW will be the ones paying $500-700.

Living here in suburban Sydney, I know after having hunted through various companies that the quotes are around $700-$1100 with Rating 1. More cars on the road in NSW, more chance of accident, ? higher rate of theft.

I think we will find that there is a huge difference in Insurance Premiums depending on where you live. I think all you guys who live in other states besides NSW will be the ones paying $500-700.

Living here in suburban Sydney, I know after having hunted through various companies that the quotes are around $700-$1100 with Rating 1. More cars on the road in NSW, more chance of accident, ? higher rate of theft.

You're definitely right on that statement. I was curious so I used the AAMI online quote and got two quotes. The only detail that changed between the two was the suburb. When I entered Brisbane City (4000) the quote was for $684, and when I changed that to Sydney City (2000), the quote went up to $1243.

I took up the option of toyota's own insurance company when i bought the car. $596 per year with 3 year replacement for vehicle in that time, most others will only give you one year. Received policy renewal and it was again for $596. Great deal I think.

NRMA

New car replacment in first 2 years (if written off)

Hire car while in for repair

65% no claim etc

$35K, SX6

$550 per/yr

Edited by Adrian

NRMA

New car replacment in first 2 years (if written off)

Hire car while in for repair

65% no claim etc

$35K, SX6

$550 per/yr

Toyota AIOI insurance on $50K Presara, max no claim etc, 3yr new car replacement, car while out of action. $596 is great value, there may be cheaper options but you better read the fine print first.

Edited by fuel miser

oh so its Sydney thats expensive

that makes me feel better now

Well I don't think Sydney is the MOST expensive, but it certainly is up there when it comes to costs like that.

We picked up our black SX-6 today and the insurance quote we have through a broker is $625. We have our no claim bonus, one windscreen per year and agreed value. We're NOT in Sydney though we're at Dubbo in central west NSW. Both of us over 25 y/o.

Most good insurance policies nowadays will include a 2 year new replacement cover on new cars

So in the first two years if you can get the cover there is no real benefit in Agreed vs Market Value

My car is around $900, includes Excess free windscreen cover.

TRD Aurion 3500S, 21 yr old driver

Not too bad, im sure i can get them lower though, will negotiate with them ^_^