corolla setback

lylee

post-7167-1220536919_thumb.jpgwell the story starrts as many do, i was driving along as usual not quite doing the speed limit as i come round a bend i see a red light so i slam on the brakes but it was too late i hit the back of an audi A4. now im home a had a very close inspection as to the damage of it. the conclusion is that many new parts are needed they include new front bumper, new grille, front guards, new headlights, new front bar, new radiator because it was slightly bent but nothing too serious and a new bonnet so yeah im pretty shakey from the ordeal and the person who i hit was very kind. (wish everyone was the same as her). so now i have to get all these parts and get the old parts fixed if possible. very dissapointed as it was my little pride and joy... but ah well these things happen and in the end its only a car. i am fine but a little emotional because of it

Well luckely I do have comprehensive insurance but just to make sure I don't get in trouble with them I am putting the stock airbox and exhaust back on. No one was hurt in the accident and yes im very dissapointed about this whole ordeal. I've talked to wreckers and to get the parts I need will cost around 1000 bucks so its gonna be pretty expensive. Although my excess is 1700 bucks so I might just have to bite my tongue and get every little scratch fixed at the same time but ill see how much I can get it done for. Either way im looking at over 1500 bucks to fix my car

well i have to pay 1750 and i will get my new tivo lip sprayed and put on as its toyota genuine, and it shouldnt cost me any more :P hopefully they can do my rear lip and bumper at the same time and get it all done under the one claim but very annoying accident post-7167-1220585493_thumb.jpg

if the lady was gna claim any damage to her Audi then you might as well claim the lot because fixing an audi will cost an arm and a leg i tell u that..

good luck with everything and sad to see tht happens..

all the best!

hope it all gets sorted out for you. i know what it feels like having an accident at a young age. lol had my first acciden with a copper. lol although the guy was very helpful and kind of thankful cause he was gonna be late to work. i might suggest doing a 2zz conversion if u can get ur insuranc company to agree. lol 2ZZ FTMW!!! sorry had to say it.

lol thanks for the support but i was thinking can it please be a right off so i can get a tivo instead i had some quotes done and i asked them if the could replace the front with a sportivo front instead :P :D :D

but the damage to my car alone is ......... above 5k if i was to get it done myself. all i need is a 2zz halfcut and ill be right and just bolt everything in and bobs ur unkle :P

the place in fairfield you are talking about is called king wrecks and i asked them roughly and looking aver 1k on parts alone for me. so im saying pay the excess and get every schmicko again. my car is still drivable so im stuck with it till we can get it repaired which looks like it may be in the holidays or asap those are the 2 options. its a shame really because i know i would have stopped in time with the new roters and pads i was going to get really soon. didnt help either that my dad made me buy the cheappest tyres possible so in a way all those things led up to it.

Sorry to hear bout your accident. At least you are ok.

Know the feeling. Makes you wanna cry when you look at your damaged pride and joy. :(

I know and I want it done asap so it can be better than before the acident and ill get a sportivo lip out of it aswell so that will be a bonus but these things happen so when life gives u lemons... make lemonade

Well I have an update the car is going in to be repaired on the 20th of september and it looks like I will get a sportivo front and a new grille don't know if it will be an ascent, levin, sportivo or the sports grille so atleast out of all this and the front will be good as new anyway thanks for all your support guys and I hope this all gets fixed as quick as possible