Browny's Corolla Ascent

Browny

hey guys,

thought i had better indroduce myself and my car. been on here for a while now but been a bit to lazy to do this. Ive owned my rolla since June last year when my parents bought it for me from Pickles auctions. It is a 2006 metallic black Corolla hatch ascent. It was a repairable write off with not alot of damage, but repairs were still quite costly with some unexpected things having to be bought. We picked it up for $10000 and it had 105km on it. So it was brand new!!! It already had the rims on it and tinted windows.

here is a few pics when we bought it...

post-7953-1221566403_thumb.jpg post-7953-1221566430_thumb.jpg post-7953-1221566450_thumb.jpg

this is a list of things done to the car including what had already been done

RJR 17in Spider rims (already on car)

dark tint windows (already on car)

rear aftermarket spoiler

red painted calipers

sports pedals

leather gear knob from a sportivo camry (i think...was bought from ebay)

side skirts

corolla stainless steel scuff plates

removed black side strips

mods that i would like to do in the future are

paint door handles n strip on back door black

eyelids

black headlight surround paint mod

lower on king lows

front spoiler to complete bodykit

HID lights and foggies

exhaust system (yet to decide what)

Edited by Browny

welcome Browny!!

pretty good intro about yourself and your ride.. i love metallic black coloured cars..

but i gotta say, 105km? was it written off during a test drive or something? :o

thanks for all ur comments guys, yea the car only had 105km which was awesome. still smelt brand new, but not sure what they did to it...was hit in the front by something which pushed a few things back n stuffed the radiator n air condensor then they were also hit in the back. the photo does not show full damage in back as the bumper sorta popped back out but the part where the spare tyre goes in had to be cut out and replaced...im up to 32000km now in 12months!!

• 2 weeks later...

put side skirts on yesterday with help from levinboy. we tried to do the JDM taillight mod but had trouble getting solder to stick so we gave up for now. Today i removed the black side strips which looks heaps better but makes the door sound funny when you shut it now.

here are some pics with the new side skirts on and sided strips removed. Cleaned my car yesterday so its looking pretty good...for a couple of days at least

post-7953-1222579903_thumb.jpg post-7953-1222580261_thumb.jpg post-7953-1222580164_thumb.jpg

put side skirts on yesterday with help from levinboy. we tried to do the JDM taillight mod but had trouble getting solder to stick so we gave up for now. Today i removed the black side strips which looks heaps better but makes the door sound funny when you shut it now.

here are some pics with the new side skirts on and sided strips removed. Cleaned my car yesterday so its looking pretty good...for a couple of days at least

post-7953-1222579903_thumb.jpg post-7953-1222580261_thumb.jpg post-7953-1222580164_thumb.jpg

Looking good!!!

Looks gret without the side strips, and the side skirts!!

Now just need the front skirt and its all done!!!

Then maybe we can give the tail lights a go again!!! :P

LoL just realised you both have the same wheels :P

car looks schmick tho.. nuthin beats a clean black exterior

btw, whats the solution to the doors shutting minus the side mouldings..

LoL just realised you both have the same wheels :P

car looks schmick tho.. nuthin beats a clean black exterior

btw, whats the solution to the doors shutting minus the side mouldings..

The side mouldings are there to stop the vibrations through the door, stopping that sound.

The only thing I can think of to stop it is maybe to put something like Dynamat inside the doors.

The side mouldings are there to stop the vibrations through the door, stopping that sound.

The only thing I can think of to stop it is maybe to put something like Dynamat inside the doors.

sound deadening the doors for the speakers was what i was thinking aswell.. pretty expensive to have done, unless you d.i.y, but imagine that doesnt prevent the doors from vibrating.. i guess your left with improved speaker performance..

i think the side mouldings are only on to stop the doors getting damaged when you open them close to something, or from other people opening their doors into your car. the new model corolla does not have the side mouldings ive noticed

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention here the other day that i bought a sportivo axleback exhaust from KT668 (Kenneth). Getting is put on this saturday..cant wait!! Looking at buying a TRD cold air intake from ebay in america. Levinboy bought his from this same guy and reccomended him to me so pretty sure im guna buy it soon..

• 3 years later...